Feedback about the forum

Started by guest2, December 01, 2012, 12:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Hello everyone,

I've always been happy with having you all give feedback me about the forum.  As you can imagine it's very hard to keep a full time job, family life and the forum all getting my time (thank goodness for the rest of the NGF Team for doing a grand job).   If you can give your views or possible improvements for the forum then I'd be very grateful - positive or negative.  If it's too bad then Private Message me!   :smiley-laughing:

One major improvement (well, not for everyone!) will be a redesign of the Classifieds.  This will make it more user friendly - as it's just not quite right.

Thanks all,
Chris.

:NGaugersRule:

Newportnobby

Great idea, Tank :thumbsup:
In the main I think folks should concentrate on what they like about the forum and what they don't. Maybe this will help us 'slim' things down a little so we can have a tidy up.
This is a perfect opportunity for those members who, for whatever reason, have not been posting much/at all to tell us why and what has changed for the better/worse since you registered. We want you back and enjoying the forum :)
If there is something you would really like to see on the forum please let us know but remember we don't have a bottomless pit of money (I've spent it all on Liz Hurley's Christmas present and a certain hitman for Shane :-X :-[)

Chinahand

In general I think everything is very well organised and presented but I do have a 'niggle' about the 'Alerts'. I don't know if it's me or the system but even though I have openbed and read all of my alert messages the RED alerts number just won't go away and just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

Newportnobby

Hi Trevor,
If you click on 'see further alerts' it lists your alerts and then cancels the number in the red triangle :thumbsup:

Chinahand

I can't seem to find the 'See Further Alerts' tag.

Scratch that. I've found it. Dooooh  :dunce:
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

scotsoft

Quote from: Chinahand on December 01, 2012, 01:58:33 PM
I can't seem to find the 'See Further Alerts' tag.

It is on the right at the top of the window that opens when you click on the red triangle
It is not "See Further Alerts" it is "See More Alerts"

cheers John.

port perran

I, for one, think this forum is excellent.
I'm not a user of Facebook or Twitter and indeed don't subscribe to any other forums.
This one is always interesting and friendly - that's what keeps it running.
I used to subscribe to a forum representing my profession but that died a couple of years ago because people fell out, were obnoxious and were generally full of their own self importance. That type of thing doesn't happen on here so well done.
Everyone on here seems happy to help everyone else.
Keep up the good work I say.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

lionwing

As a newcomer to the hobby the forum has been a fantastic help.

No question is to much trouble and answers are all well informed,

There is light hearted banter, which is great, and if Carlsberg did foums...well!

Technically the forum has all bases covered for my needs.  Plenty of smilies, detailed profiles format options.
Richard - Stop before the buffers!

Lawrence

There were some comments on the FB N gauge page about too much information and folks finding it difficult to find what they wanted.  To my mind that is what the search function is for  :doh: There are possibly a few sections that could be tightened up a bit, but the fact that the forum embraces all aspects of our chosen scale and attracts members from all the world speaks volumes.

We need total honesty from everyone who responds to this, you, the membership, are what makes the forum and it live or dies on your input, so have your say and don't be shy  ;)

Pengi

Quote from: Lawrence on December 01, 2012, 07:25:00 PM

We need total honesty from everyone who responds to this, you, the membership, are what makes the forum and it live or dies on your input, so have your say and don't be shy  ;)
Absolutely
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

davieb

hi all  :wave:

i must say i have tried others but  :NGaugeForum: is the only one i use for my N gauge fix  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

regarding Lawrances post above about the use of the "search" function

would it be possible to make it stand out a bit more, just like the "home" does  :hmmm:
as i feel it is easily missed in that long line of "words" at the top of the page

as sometimes i have to look twice to find it and i know where it is  :dunce:

dave  :thumbsup:

Tank

Quote from: davieb on December 01, 2012, 07:44:03 PM
would it be possible to make it stand out a bit more, just like the "home" does  :hmmm:
as i feel it is easily missed in that long line of "words" at the top of the page

as sometimes i have to look twice to find it and i know where it is  :dunce:

dave  :thumbsup:

Thanks Dave.  I'll look into a solution to make it stand out.

weave

Hi all,

Think it's the best. Friendly, whatever standard you are. Help from the 'elders' (hobby wise) without thinking your a twit with an a. (Maybe you do, but don't show it! :D.)

Is great to be a member here. I don't go to any other sites as don't feel I need to. Thanks for all the help and putting up with my stupid questions.

Cheers Weave

port perran

From time to time, I've thought about competitions (maybe just for fun).
What about a photographic competition - lots of scope. Perhaps "atmospheric" shots of our own layouts ?
We could all vote for winners.
Just an idea....!
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations