N'spirations12 - update

Started by H, July 16, 2013, 08:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calnefoxile

Erm chaps & chapessess,

In case none of you are aware, Grahame has announced that N'spirations 12 is the last of the series. Grahame has accepted the role of NGS Journal Editor.

I'll let him fill in his reasons for stopping N'spirations, but suffice it to say that I for one will miss N'spirations, but am glad he's going to be editing the NGS Journal.

Richard Bardsley has done a fantastic job during his editorship and has moved the Journal along to it's present standard, let's now hope that Grahame can take it a stage further.

Regards

Neal.

Malc

Graham did a fantastic job with N'spirations, I wish him luck in his new job, I'm sure he will be an excellent editor.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

brbluewill

Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

PostModN66

It's great news as far as I can see!

Grahame has lots of energy, a strong commitment to N gauge and has a mission to raise the game.  It is good to consolidate this rather than having competing publications.

He certainly has clear views that sometimes not everyone agrees with (I don't agree with him on everything myself) but I can cope with having my feathers ruffled occasionally in exchange for having someone applying so much focus to supporting and challenging N Gauge modellers and modelling.

Cheers Jon    :)
"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected." ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

red_death

Quote from: PostModN66 on January 31, 2014, 02:41:56 PM
He certainly has clear views that sometimes not everyone agrees with (I don't agree with him on everything myself) but I can cope with having my feathers ruffled occasionally in exchange for having someone applying so much focus to supporting and challenging N Gauge modellers and modelling.

Good point!

I think people are assuming that Grahame will turn the Journal into N'spirations, which I'm not sure he will (I don't know)!  We will have to wait and see.

I hope that any members who are worried about a change in editorship will give Grahame a chance.

Cheers, Mike

Mike W

I think it's a very good decision by all concerned. Best of luck Grahame - your articles on improving Farish coaches, in particular, have given me many hours of fun (and Ultima/TPM some hard earned cash!)

Magandy

Has anyone got a spare copy of issue 12 I could purchase
Thanks
Andy

Newportnobby

Sorry, Andy. I live in a small bungalow so mine are long gone. (Turns out - Space is the final frontier)

Magandy

I tried there they dont keep them any more

zopadooper

The N Gauge Society Stand carries them in stock.  It might be worth checking with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations