It's a conspiracy!

Started by Corncrake, October 15, 2011, 11:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corncrake

My re-entry to the world of railway modeling (N) is not going according to plan !
Just for your amusement :

1) buy a cheap junior starter set and see how big it is and how the wagons feel, exersize my eyesight.
- wrong, bachmann withdraw the old (370-025) set before introducing the new (370-025A) That is plain daft marketing!

2) if (1) is OK then try a wee shunting (Inglenook) layout to develop track laying, and later scenic, skills in a small way and maybe play with a LMS/ northwestern region branch line. Read that Rapido couplers are not well regarded for remote uncoupling so use the new EZmate couplers.
- wrong, EZ not yet available despite being heralded way back in 2010 :( How long do they need for a wee bit of plastic !

3) add to the (non existant) LMS shunter/Inglenook by adding a mainline based on LNER A4
Well I was brought up in Carlisle and we had allsorts buzzing about. The Settle-Carlisle came up from the SE just down the road from me. The ex NBR came westwards from Newcastle and whizzed off to the west Cumberland coast and the Waverly came down from Edinburgh in the north east.
- wrong, Bachmann withdraw the A4s !What!! How can they be allowed to do that !
It's a conspiracy !

So, given that Crewe - Glasgow ran right thro the middle of that lot, south to north.
maybe I'll have to make do with a Black5 and a model of Shap ?!
However, the Somerset and Dorset joined the LMS at Bath (Green St. ?), perhaps I could imagine a holiday special from the southwest to the glittering lights (!) of the west Cumberland seaside via Carlisle ;)
So maybe a Peco Collet could be pressed into service, but that is now talkin serious money, and getting out of my depth.

Ha,
thinks of taking up knitting,,
:)
Malcolm.

longbridge

Hi Mal this could  be your lucky day, a golden opportunity to model American N Scale no shortage of sets or locos.  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Sithlord75

You can use Peco wagons which you can uncouple with the use of their lifting arms and a magnet under your inglenook and there is Dapol's A4 due by Christmas if this is any solace.
Kevin Knight
"Do or do not - there is no try"

My blog thingo can be found here: http://www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com

NTrain

oh and Peco have announced that will be making no more Collets........................................

Corncrake

:smiley-laughing:
Thanks for trying to cheer me up guys !

Yes, good one, I had not thought of it as an opportunity, I will look at the American scene with new eyes  8)

Edit a little later : Re Dapol A4, I see it now thanks for the headsup.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: NTrain on October 16, 2011, 09:51:09 AM
oh and Peco have announced that will be making no more Collets........................................

Plenty floating around still and no doubt will continue to be for years to come on second hand and auction sites
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations