Where have the adverts gone???,

Started by exmouthcraig, February 11, 2020, 09:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

My Adblocker is set to off for the site, but I seem to recall there being a Chrome update recently. Will you let us know how you get on Craig if you do change any settings please? @exmouthcraig
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

exmouthcraig

Thanks @dannyboy, Well the old comment about sitting 1million chimpanzees down at typewriters and 1 producing Shakespeare springs to mind.

With my slate and nail technology I have allowed pop ups and adverts on NGF page only BUT as yet they have not returned, I have refreshed the page but dont know if I need to restart to enable them changes to be updated  :hmmm:

dannyboy

@exmouthcraig
I have double checked and adverts and pop ups are enabled on my laptop for the forum. I have refreshed the page, shut down and restarted, but nothing has changed.  I have just looked at the forum on my mobile, via chrome and the adverts etc are there! So, I logged in to the forum on the laptop via MS Edge and Chrome and the adverts etc are there as well! So it appears that Opera is at fault, certainly in my case. :hmmm:

For your information @Tank

BUT see next post.
David.

dannyboy

Whoa!!!

Cancel what I just said. The adverts etc are showing on the log in page on the browsers UNTIL I log in - then they disappear. B*gger!
David.

exmouthcraig

:hmmm: :confusedsign:

I dont view on anything other then my mobile BUT always full desktop site because I cant get on with the mobile version.

But as to why or what has changed I dont have a clue.

The little red Arrow changes the page top to a slightly different orientation but doesnt bring the adverts back so I'll wait for someone much cleverer than I to suggest what I have to do  :dunce:

dannyboy

:bump:
@exmouthcraig
Did you get anything sorted Craig? I am still in the same position as I was back in February.
David.

exmouthcraig

Still nothing David  :hmmm:

Dont know what's gone wrong  :dunce:

guest311

they've all been bought, didn't you hear, there's a shortage

dannyboy

Quote from: exmouthcraig on March 17, 2020, 03:05:11 PM
Still nothing David  :hmmm:

Dont know what's gone wrong  :dunce:

Well you are not the only dunce then. I have been playing around with all sorts of settings and nowt's changed.
David.

themadhippy

Following the  governments advice the  adverts have been placed in self isolation to protect the at risk users of the forum.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

guest311

Quote from: themadhippy on March 17, 2020, 03:18:47 PM
Following the  govermets advice the  adverts have been placed in self isolation to protect the at risk users of the forum.

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: pmsl

tutenkhamunsleeping

Great.  My stockpile of "Gary Gilmore's Eyes" should be worth something before long :D

dannyboy

But the adverts are not the only problem. The 'Donations' bit is also missing! If I log out of the forum, the log in page shows the adverts and 'Donations' bit. As soon as I log in, they disappear, so I can not make a donation!  :confused2:
David.

Papyrus

Mine's still the same as it was before - no adverts, but I do get the donations box.

Cheers,

Chris

guest311

Quote from: dannyboy on March 17, 2020, 03:23:34 PM
But the adverts are not the only problem. The 'Donations' bit is also missing! If I log out of the forum, the log in page shows the adverts and 'Donations' bit. As soon as I log in, they disappear, so I can not make a donation!  :confused2:

please donate 2 x bags pasta, 1/2 doz eggs and x2 loo rolls asap

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations