Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

I have to agree that it is bad manners to ignore a PM, or an email that is asking for help or information etc.  I presume you know that the person concerned is receiving the PM's. I have been corresponding with a newish member of the forum for a couple of weeks by PM and latterly by email and even if I can not immediately reply, I reply as soon as I can. Likewise, the forum member also acknowledges my PM/emails. I too, must have been dragged up correctly.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

RailGooner

I've served in HM Armed Forces to defend the free and liberal society we enjoy in the UK. I've worked in the NHS and currently work in higher education, both themes that benefit this society. You see, I love this society of ours. Sure it has flaws and imperfections, but there's no other society I'd rather be a member of!

But what the :censored: is it coming to when this happens?

Please: this is a societal matter and not a political matter!

railsquid

RIP Thomas the Tank Engine, the poor blighter has developed a North American accent. Apologies to anyone from/in North America, but it's just wrong.

Newportnobby

Still trying to shake off what I believe to be a bout of bronchitis and now, this morning, something in my left calf has gone and I'm limping around like a limp thing with a gammy leg.
This getting old stuff really sucks :(

javlinfaw7

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 25, 2019, 01:09:34 PM
Beats the alternative

Malc

Quote from: javlinfaw7 on May 25, 2019, 02:02:04 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on May 25, 2019, 01:09:34 PM
Beats the alternative
As George Burns said when Michael Parkinson asked him what it was like being 98.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

JBQFC

more bad luck for me the wife Clare is now in hospital
she went to the doctors this morning as she had a abscess on her behind that was very painful
doctor sent her to A and E they drained the abscess but she needs a small op to seal up the hole to stop it filling up again

John

dannyboy

I hope it's a quick job John and she is soon on the mend. I take it you have one of those swimming rubber ring thingys waiting for her? ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

JBQFC

Quote from: dannyboy on May 28, 2019, 08:53:58 PM
I hope it's a quick job John and she is soon on the mend. I take it you have one of those swimming rubber ring thingys waiting for her? ;)

yes just had a phone call to say she is having it done at 10.00
she will be out today but will not be able to drive till tomorrow so as i don't dive that means a taxi home
so her car will be in the hospital car park for 2 day so the parking bill is going to be £££

John

Bob Tidbury

JBQFC  phone the car park people and tell them what's happened and if you can get confirmation note from the hospital and MAYBE common sense will prevail and you won't have to pay , Other wise you will have to sell your locos to pay the bill .Our hospital car park is now £3-50 an hour min charge .
Bob Tidbury

Snowwolflair

If you are AA or other with recovery they can probably help.

stevewalker

Even if they do charge you for the whole period, most hospitals have a much lower per day rate for in patients, but often don't publicise it. You usually have to go to the car parking desk or security and ask.

JBQFC

Quote from: stevewalker on May 29, 2019, 10:20:03 AM
Even if they do charge you for the whole period, most hospitals have a much lower per day rate for in patients, but often don't publicise it. You usually have to go to the car parking desk or security and ask.

i phoned the hospital and yes they do have a cheap day rate for in patients Phew

John

Malc

Got to go for a colonoscopy tomorrow. Just about to start the course of laxatives. Not really looking forward to it.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daveg

Good luck with that @Malc:worried:

Dave G

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations