screenshot from youtube

Started by guest311, September 12, 2019, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

might be the wrong place to post this, but if so please can a mod mover it to where it should be.

recently invested some ill gotten gains in a couple of diecast models of the German Biber AVLB, and the plan is to model one in traveling order, but I'd like to model the other as 'in action' laying it's bridge.

I've found and watched several videos on youtube of these in action, but I was wondering if it is possible to pause a clip, and then print the 'photo' to enable me to see more clearly what I need to do to bodge construct this model.

basically I need stills that I can have on the workbench, but how do I do it  :helpneededsign:

njee20

Press the print screen button on your keyboard (often "PrtScn" top right, above insert), paste into whichever image software you like.

guest311

many thanks, I'll try that and report back.

where is the ID-10-T manual when you need it  :-[

guest311

Philip.

Click PrtScr Button

Open "Paint"

Click Crtl + V buttons

works for me  :thumbsup:

guest311

WORKED  :claphappy:

only problem was as I have two screens on the tower unit, I got both screens on the print, but I can either change the settings to just one screen, or try on the laptop.

either way, many thanks.

guest311

Quote from: rogerdB on September 12, 2019, 02:19:04 PM
Try Shift + PrtScr.

tried that, and ctrl + print scrn, but neither worked.
thanks anyway.

RailGooner

Quote from: class37025 on September 12, 2019, 02:29:47 PM
only problem was as I have two screens on the tower unit, I got both screens on the print, but I can either change the settings to just one screen, or try on the laptop.

In Paint, hit 'Rectangular Selection' (Home > Select > Rectangular Selection) and select the area you're interested in (click+hold left > move mouse > release left) and then hit 'Crop' (Home > Crop). :beers:

guest311

:thankyousign: @ RailGooner

SWMBO has me detailed for the next couple of hours, but I'll do that this evening.

njee20

ALT+PrtScn will only screenshot the active window (not monitor).

Paint is so useless with large images I paste into Powerpoint and crop appropriately, then save as an image.

ntpntpntp

I tend to use an old third party program "Snagit" which lets me select the area of the desktop to capture, but if i use prtscrn key then yes I just open Paint and paste it in to be cropped. Works fine with my multi-screen large desktop.

Always try and run the youtube at highest resolution / full screen, that way you get the best capture. If it's a bit blurry then you can always downsize in Paint.

I usually use the Windows 10 photo editor to enhance photos, but just recently the auto-enhance slider seems to have stopped working so I have to use the manual colour/brightness sliders.  (it seems from reading on the 'net that windows updates breaking the auto-enhance in this app is well known!)
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Newportnobby

On my laptop I click on 'Start' and then 'Snipping Tool' and it allows me to select how much of the screen I want to save

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations