Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Just squeezing over that crossing, Ian!

Wot's in the spare bits box? Split gears?  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Nice buy. If only prices did match the class number.
Might brass off those multiple unit buyers, mind >:D

railsquid

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 01, 2021, 09:38:58 AM
Nice buy. If only prices did match the class number.
Might brass off those multiple unit buyers, mind >:D

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you with the Class 319 4-Car EMU 319004 BR Network SouthEast (Revised).

Newportnobby

To be fair that's full RRP and nobody in their right mind pays that..................................do they? :worried:

exmouthcraig

Another treat arrived today in the form of a quite exquisite TMC weathered Class 60!

The spotters had heard Colas had finally rostered one of Loughboroughs finest (in a re-engineered form) on the log working to Clifton Wood.

The grass bank beside the level crossing providing the perfect vantage spot for the snap happy troop

railsquid

Another domestic purchase:

Dapol Class 142 "Pacer" by Rail Squid, on Flickr

I do wonder how these kind of things find their way to Japan. Much less of a bargain than the Class 44 above, but cheaper than buying new from the UK, especially as the latest batch only appears to have DCC-fitted versions of this livery.

Looks OK to me, though I don't recall seeing the real thing much and best I can remember only ever went on one once.

gc4946

Some modest acquisitions of rolling stock:

Dapol 2P-006-002 Mk3 sleeper in Intercity Swallow
Dapol 2P-012-503 SR Maunsell BY in Southern Region green
Farish 374-415 SR PMV passenger luggage van in BR crimson
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

yellowblue

I bought the weed killer coach pack recently and then started looking around for the tankers, which I got last week.

I don't think I have a hope of getting the 20s, so I'm currently dragging them around with a 47 I recently bought but it's a nice little project to start with

Roy L S

:)Thought I had missed the boat on the latest version of the BR green Class 31, but found one in my local model shop. This is the one with the re-worked coreless motor chassis, Next 18 socket and speaker. Needless to say, a quick e-mail to John at You-Choos and it now has sound.

Lovely  :)

gc4946

Bought two more parcels vans

Dapol NB-023 Southern Rly CCT in malachite
Dapol for N Gauge Society LMS Stove R in LMS livery

here with my other 1947 era "Big 4" parcels/luggage vans, GWR Collett BG (Dapol for N Gauge Society) and LNER Thompson BG (Farish for N Gauge Society)
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

pinball

Well on the way to getting a full 2+7 Executive HST set now thanks to finding a load of new coaches going at a sensible price online.

I do think if forced to choose at gunpoint, this is the best HST livery (although I do like the BR Blue and Intercity swallow a great deal as well).

crewearpley40

pinball

Quote from: crewearpley40 on November 17, 2021, 11:34:40 AM
Glad you have found that iconic train paul

Cheers! Got the prototype and on the way to a full executive set, so although the blue / yellow is on the wishlist, I've got at least two HSTs to play about with, so can't complain at all. Best thing I ever drove, and it says something when mates and family members who have no railway knowledge or interest say "wish we still had those old trains with the doors you had to open the window to open, they were much more comfortable".

crewearpley40

Quote from: pinball on November 17, 2021, 11:39:31 AM
Quote from: crewearpley40 on November 17, 2021, 11:34:40 AM
Glad you have found that iconic train paul

Cheers! Got the prototype and on the way to a full executive set, so although the blue / yellow is on the wishlist, I've got at least two HSTs to play about with, so can't complain at all. Best thing I ever drove, and it says something when mates and family members who have no railway knowledge or interest say "wish we still had those old trains with the doors you had to open the window to open, they were much more comfortable".
I have been a Guard on those iconic trains and understand the IC swallow and BR Blue Grey are on the wishlist.  Bargain find

AndyRA

Purchased these two from the 'Pre-owned' section of Hattons last week. The Minitrix 27 was £29.00, and the 86 was only £33 ! I was convinced that the Dapol 86 would be a dummy one or a non-runner (although not advertised as such), but it was fully functional. However the reason for purchasing them was to convert the Dapol body to an 85, using the Minitrix chassis. The surplus Dapol chassis has gone under a Farish 87/6 conversion which had been out of service for sometime. Requires a bit of alteration for the Dapol chassis to fit the Farish Body, but it was worth it.

After six days of odd time used the finished articles wheeled out. The converted Dapol body on the Minitrix chassis, and the Dapol chassis under a Farish body.
Real bargain from my point of view :NGaugersRule:
If it looks difficult it probably is, but might as well get on with it anyway!

Layout :- West Coast (Southern Section)
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=2531;u=5731

Full story and pics at:-
https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastSouthernSection/

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations