Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Well let's see some pics, then! Awesome spree!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

No Sonic 56xx?
And the re-released Dapol class 27 might creep into this year.
Not that I'm trying to spend your money for you :no:

Tonye

Today , Just received my two EFE Shark Brake from TMC , well pleased with the weathering. Still waiting for the 56xx .

Tony..
Tony .H

kardkits

Quote from: N_GaugeModeller on March 16, 2021, 08:27:17 AM
All bought in the last 12 months

Farish STD Class 3MT
Farish STD Class 4MT
Farish STD Class 5MT
Farish C Class
Farish 8F
Farish Ivatt 2MT
Farish Coronation
Farish Class 08
Farish Class 14
Farish Class 31
Farish Class 37
Farish Class 55
Farish Class 108
EFE Class 17
Dapol 9F
Dapol Class 22
Dapol Class 26
Dapol Class 33
Dapol Class 52
Dapol Class 121 Power & Dummy
Dapol Class 43 HST & Full rake of coaches
Now I have seen the list I really must stop, good job there is nothing new arriving this year  8)
NGM

You could maybe make a start on some of the Union Mills offerings

N_GaugeModeller

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 16, 2021, 10:43:38 AM
No Sonic 56xx?
And the re-released Dapol class 27 might creep into this year.
Not that I'm trying to spend your money for you :no:

Nope no Sonic 56xx for me, a bit sacrilege I know but I don't like GMR locos, other than the Panniers.

Didn't know about the 27, that I might be tempted by.

All mine was not quite the outlay it looks, as I decided to step away from sound fitted locos, do sold my entire fleet on eBay, and got such good prices I was able to not only buy their replacements in non sound fitted but was also able to double the number, do technically the list above actually cost nothing, as the sound fitted locos had already been accounted for.

It was nice to have a splerg without the wife moaning about what I am spending.

NGM
There may be spelling and grammatical errors in my posts, I am Dyslexic so just think yourself lucky you can actually read what I have written.

I am also in the early stages of Alzheimer's and Vascular dementia so sometimes struggle with basic communication.

You don't need to point out my errors.  Thanks

silly moo

Foxhound

Quote from: silly moo on March 21, 2021, 02:15:23 PM

New Dapol Terrier Gipsy Hill runs very well.

:NGaugersRule:

OOF! That's handsome, and I don't even do 'Kettles'...
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

DarrwestLU6

Quote from: N_GaugeModeller on March 16, 2021, 09:04:05 PM

All mine was not quite the outlay it looks, as I decided to step away from sound fitted locos, do sold my entire fleet on eBay, and got such good prices I was able to not only buy their replacements in non sound fitted but was also able to double the number, do technically the list above actually cost nothing, as the sound fitted locos had already been accounted for.

It was nice to have a splerg without the wife moaning about what I am spending.

NGM

That is clever. Some advantage from e-bay madness! https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1459.msg706439#msg706439] [url]https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1459.msg706439#msg706439[/url]
Hogwarts to King's Cross - My layout under construction: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=43358.msg536504#msg536504

Newportnobby

My triple pack of RevolutioN Cemflos has arrived............

Wunnerful!!

Ben A

Hi Newportnobby,

Thanks for the kind words about the Cemflo wagons, I am glad you like them.  I also want to acknowledge the part played by the NGF, because without it neither these models, nor the earlier Class B tankers, are likely to have happened. 

Both came about as a result of well-reasoned and comprehensive cases put forward on this forum by @Bob G and @NGS-PO, so thanks to them too and to all those that pre-ordered to generate the funds necessary to progress the models from pipe-dream to product line.

Anyone who didn't know about these, or wasn't able to pre-order for any other reason, may not have missed out: we will have some stocks available direct from Revolution on a first-come, first-served basis.

cheers

Ben A.

Alcazar

I was hoping to put a secondhand Farish LNER O6 here (as chassis for a Foxhunter Robinson LNER O4), but the dealer could not find it. So when looking for an alternative on his site I found these:

and this (I think it is the GEM kit):

and this (DB BR65) might donate its chassis for the O4:

The vans are a bit high, so I'll see if I can lower them; the 7F is also a tad high and I need buffers, vacuum pipes and couplings. The BR65 doesn't run, but a Union Mills GCR tender would solve the problem if it is due to the motor. All for €110 plus postage - can't complain.

Peter

Newportnobby

Sounds like a bargain. The NE bogie wagons are old Poole Farish ref 3302 and do look to be sitting high on the bogies compared to the pic in my 1983 catalogue.

Bealman

Yeah, I've got one, and it sits high on the bogies.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Alcazar

It's because the "pizza cutter" wheels would foul the underframe on tight curves. I have some replacement spoked wheels that look very good and will give a little more freedom in reducing the height.

Peter

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations