Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ditape

[smg id=30946 type=preview align=center caption="##1"]

My latest ebay bargain a Dapol 121 bubblecar £72 as compared to over £100 in the local shop,it runs exceedingly well on DC just waiting for a chip to arrive to have it running on Snoozebury :)
Diane Tape

johnlambert

Nice 121, Di.  I have several Dapol 121/122s although I still need a plain blue 122 and a blue/grey 121/122. 

Yet_Another

Turns out my WHSmiths 20% off voucher also includes Modelzone stuff, so I thought it would be rude not to.

Even though it's from the wrong side of the country, apparently they got to Liverpool, which is close enough for me.

I absolutely love the way it runs  :heart2:

Still no layout yet. This is on the little running in oval I've managed to put together.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Ngauging

I bought this Farish DCC fitted class 108 on eBay this weekend.

7P5F

Quote from: Arrachogaidh on October 29, 2015, 12:06:54 PM
60532 arrived today from Hattons. Nicely packaged and secure in bubble-wrap.

[smg id=31019 type=preview align=center caption="BP"]

It`s a lovely model,these new Farish models are really great.The only thing is,the valve gear is set in back gear,still,we can`t have everything.

Ray.

Hailstone

Quote from: 7P5F on November 01, 2015, 06:33:03 PM

It`s a lovely model,these new Farish models are really great.The only thing is,the valve gear is set in back gear,still,we can`t have everything.

Ray.
looks more like mid gear to me, and these would be at 15% when doing about 60 on the level, which is pretty close to mid gear

Regards,

Alex

7P5F

No,it`s definetly back gear,the bottom of the die block is fully forward!.

Ray.

Hailstone

what are you calling the die block? (there are usually 2, one on each side of the expansion link, which connect to the radius rod, which if in full forward gear would be at the bottom of the expansion link and in back gear at the top.

Regards,

Alex

7P5F

Yes,sorry,of course it`s the expansion link,the die block runs in a radial slot.Ishould have known having built a couple on my 5" gauge locos!.

Ray :D

MinZaPint

Quote from: Ngauging on November 01, 2015, 06:14:49 PM
I bought this Farish DCC fitted class 108 on eBay this weekend.

Very nice, now that's what I call Superelevation  :D
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

gc4946

I traded in some of my OO scale stuff for seven Farish steam era wagons

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

marco neri

Last arrive from Ebay....sold "as used" but fondamentally it's new and never ran..
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

austinbob

Quote from: marco neri on November 03, 2015, 09:58:24 PM

Last arrive from Ebay....sold "as used" but fondamentally it's new and never ran..

That's a great picture Marco.  :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

marco neri

Quote from: austinbob on November 03, 2015, 10:00:36 PM
Quote from: marco neri on November 03, 2015, 09:58:24 PM

That's a great picture Marco.  :beers:

Many thanks...a lovely model from Dapol...and good runner... :beers:
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Les1952

Both A2s now run in-
60537 BATCHELOR'S BUTTON has now a late crest on the tender, which has been coaled.  Nothing more done to it as it is to become either 50528 or 60530, depending which plates turn up.
60532 is now 60538 VELOCITY , a North-East stalwart (I decided not to do 60526 this time).

the second pic shows Velocity after light weathering.  This was often one of the cleaner A2s....  I'm not sure whether it ever had red nameplates but those are what the N-Gauge Society had in stock.

Les

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations