Graham Farish soon to be delivered models is there a list available

Started by N_GaugeModeller, July 18, 2020, 12:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delboy

Quote from: Railwaygun on August 06, 2020, 09:34:19 AM
As it says in the picture, "Bachmann Collectors club limited edition"

It is a Collectors club model only. They often appear later on Ebay ( at inflated prices)

It was not listed on the Bachmann shop list quoted above.

(I'm NOT on commission!)

May have to join the Collectors Club as I am tempted to have it since it brings back memories as mentioned in a previous post.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Newportnobby

Personally I think it looks awful (exit stage left and runs for cover)
Why are the connecting rods a ghastly silver as opposed to the 'standard' issue version? See...
https://www.bachmann.co.uk/product/category/160/lms-stanier-8f-48608-br-black-%28early-emblem%29/372-162
Not only do you have to pay to join the Collectors Club but you then pay 15% more for a model.

Ollie3440

Quote from: Delboy on August 06, 2020, 09:27:28 AM
Quote from: emjaybee on August 06, 2020, 08:24:21 AM
Quote from: Railwaygun on August 06, 2020, 01:14:09 AM
LMS 8F lined Crimson - Late August delivery

I love me a crimson lined Stanier, but that just looks wrong. It's an 8F, it's supposed to be black.

The livery shown is exactly how the loco 8624 is preserved at The Great Central Railway. I had a Driver experience on the very loco a few years ago. It may be wrong but it does bring back wonderful memories for me.
q

Model is correct for when she first steamed at Peak Rail in May 2009 until approx early 2012 by which time she was at the GCR. She moved to the Great Central March 2011 but by early 2012 they had pit her as 48624 in BR Maroon. She reverted back to Black last year to end out her ticket alongside fellow 8F 48305.

Cheers

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Lankyman

No mention on here of the green/SYP Class 37 announced early July which I thought was due early next year but Rails just say "pending" and Farish say "Awaiting."
Ron

Delboy

Quote from: Ollie3440 on August 06, 2020, 08:25:48 PM
Quote from: Delboy on August 06, 2020, 09:27:28 AM
Quote from: emjaybee on August 06, 2020, 08:24:21 AM
Quote from: Railwaygun on August 06, 2020, 01:14:09 AM
LMS 8F lined Crimson - Late August delivery

I love me a crimson lined Stanier, but that just looks wrong. It's an 8F, it's supposed to be black.

The livery shown is exactly how the loco 8624 is preserved at The Great Central Railway. I had a Driver experience on the very loco a few years ago. It may be wrong but it does bring back wonderful memories for me.
q

Model is correct for when she first steamed at Peak Rail in May 2009 until approx early 2012 by which time she was at the GCR. She moved to the Great Central March 2011 but by early 2012 they had pit her as 48624 in BR Maroon. She reverted back to Black last year to end out her ticket alongside fellow 8F 48305.

Cheers

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Thanks for the clarification re dates. That ties in with my Driver Experience which I have realised was over 8 years ago. Where do the years go?
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

longbow

Please enlighten me as to whether the overhead wire warning insignia on the late BR version would have been seen in the south west.

Paddy

I am looking forward to a certain Class 55 called "St Paddy".

Wonder why?

:D

Kind regards

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

Milton Rail

:laughabovepost:

For the same reason I decided I had to have 47701 "Saint Andrew"   :angel:   :beers:
Thanks for looking - Andrew

My attempt at a box layout - Bogindollo

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50114.msg652980#new

tutenkhamunsleeping

N_GaugeModeller

i see the 8F which was showing expected Oct/Nov has now had its eta date removed, is that a good or bad sign  8)

NGM
There may be spelling and grammatical errors in my posts, I am Dyslexic so just think yourself lucky you can actually read what I have written.

I am also in the early stages of Alzheimer's and Vascular dementia so sometimes struggle with basic communication.

You don't need to point out my errors.  Thanks

Roy L S

Quote from: N_GaugeModeller on September 16, 2020, 05:19:46 PM
i see the 8F which was showing expected Oct/Nov has now had its eta date removed, is that a good or bad sign  8)

NGM

Who knows, I always get a bit of a sinking feeling when I see something like that, it's not as if there's no "previous" for models being mysteriously removed.

Hopefully it's nothing but a short delay in updating that field on the website...

Ironically I recently joined Collector's Club, but a maroon 8F? Never in a million years on my layout!

Regards

Roy

Delboy

Quote from: Roy L S on September 17, 2020, 02:11:19 PM

Who knows, I always get a bit of a sinking feeling when I see something like that, it's not as if there's no "previous" for models being mysteriously removed.

Hopefully it's nothing but a short delay in updating that field on the website...

Ironically I recently joined Collector's Club, but a maroon 8F? Never in a million years on my layout!

Regards

Roy

I have ordered the maroon 8F since that is the exact livery and loco I had my loco driver experience in some 8 years ago on The Great Central Railway. Apart from the shiny rods that is.
I do wonder if the release, now due in October or November means the other scheduled liveries may be pushed further back to maybe next year?

Snowwolflair

Sunglasses  8) for the 8F valve gear, that's going to need weathered.

Delboy

Thorpe Parva

8F ETA now back as Oct/Nov on the Bachmann Website. EFE Mermaids also Oct/Nov.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations