what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

I look forward to the results of your....

Quote from: chrispearce on September 19, 2019, 11:28:46 PM
Plotting, planning, scheming, searching goggle earth for possible locations for my 'Plan'.

crewearpley40

Rebuilding after damage caused after landlord builder did bad. Redoing boards wiring

Ted

Quote from: ntpntpntp on August 11, 2019, 09:00:39 PM
Milestone day in the construction of my loco depot module boards...

I'm getting heartburn just looking at all that!  :D
Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

chrispearce

At last I am in construction mode. I am building the vertical elements of the frame which will support my layout.

There will be 4 of these with horizontal spars connecting each pair. There will be castors on the underside of the bottom piece of wood, the front set will be lockable. I will use the space between each pair of legs for storage. I will start a construction thread when I have more to show as the "Maen Quarry Railway (Cornwall)" progresses.
Some situations in life are like dairy cows. When you see 'em you just gotta milk 'em.

chrism

Currently waiting for the ballast to dry on Torver, testing Woodland now the droppers are all in and the track fixed down and trying to work out how I can get 41 wires into a 37 way d-sub connector - i.e. can I drop four of them (probably, I may have gone OTT on uncouplers for Woodland) or do I need to have a 9 way connector as well?

ntpntpntp

Currently making good progress on adding the overhead to my German loco depot.   I've taken two weeks holiday to get this done, it's got to be ready for next April  :D    One of the pair of boards is fully installed with catenary including over pointwork and a single slip. more slips to do on the other board <groan>

I think my little companion misread the label on the box!
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

chrispearce

Some situations in life are like dairy cows. When you see 'em you just gotta milk 'em.

Dorsetmike

Currently trying to overcome the effects of not downsizing enough when I moved here just over 4 years ago; as well as the excess furniture etc I also have an accumulation of other items built up during last years course of radio therapy which knocked me back somewhat, me get up and go just got up and went!. The secomd bedroom I intended to use as a railway room has gathered so much junk you can hardly get in he door without moving numerous boxes etc. Why is it so hard to throw things away? Methinks a severe case of "that might come in handy" syndrome is in there somewhere.

I have almost managed to clear and reorganise a work bench area, so some overdue work may soon recommence.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

chrispearce

Quote from: Dorsetmike on September 25, 2019, 03:07:48 PM
Currently trying to overcome the effects of not downsizing enough when I moved here just over 4 years ago; as well as the excess furniture etc I also have an accumulation of other items built up during last years course of radio therapy which knocked me back somewhat, me get up and go just got up and went!. The secomd bedroom I intended to use as a railway room has gathered so much junk you can hardly get in he door without moving numerous boxes etc. Why is it so hard to throw things away? Methinks a severe case of "that might come in handy" syndrome is in there somewhere.

I have almost managed to clear and reorganise a work bench area, so some overdue work may soon recommence.

I hope the R. Therapy is/was successful. I certainly understand 'accumulation syndrome'. We try to be wise and thrify but it always comes back to bite us! :doh:

Dorsetmike

Quote from: chrispearce on September 25, 2019, 03:18:57 PM
I hope the R. Therapy is/was successful. I certainly understand 'accumulation syndrome'. We try to be wise and thrify but it always comes back to bite us! :doh:

Fingers still crossed yes, it was a growth on a vocal chord, hence loss of voice, periodic checks have found no further cause for alarm, theyve now gone to 4 monthly from 2.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

chrispearce

Quote from: Dorsetmike on September 25, 2019, 04:56:58 PM
Quote from: chrispearce on September 25, 2019, 03:18:57 PM

Fingers still crossed yes, it was a growth on a vocal chord, hence loss of voice, periodic checks have found no further cause for alarm, theyve now gone to 4 monthly from 2.

Excellent news!

Ted

My first attempt at weathering a loco.

I don't have an airbrush so hand blending is taking a long time!

Not finished. I'm installing sound tomorrow and then with chassis in place, there will be lower grime added to complete.

Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

chrispearce

crewearpley40

stunning

i would add weathering to the exhaust grille, the round piece on the vents

AndyRA

Just finished off making a Twin Deck Car carrier (TCV) out of some leftovers from my spares box.

Finished item at work on the layout

Basic parts roof, underframe, and ends

Ends, roof and underframe stuck together. Lower well deck sides stuck to the underframe with some balsa wood strengthening.

Plasticard sides added before filing ends flush with sides

The ends have had the original detail removed, and some bits of plasticard added. Body was painted all over rail grey first, then masking type applied to do the rail blue parts.

Shortening some bogies to fit.

Finished item in use. Didn't have the right transfers to finish, so improvised from some old Pressfix letters.

Andy.
If it looks difficult it probably is, but might as well get on with it anyway!

Layout :- West Coast (Southern Section)
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=2531;u=5731

Full story and pics at:-
https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastSouthernSection/

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations