The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardBattersby

Quote from: R M Williams on October 04, 2011, 09:19:12 PM
But I thought that all 61m in UK do railway modelling!!

I'll second that!  :o
Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

poliss

They do, but only 2% admit to it.

4x2

The only thing that brasses me off is... DEL PRADO !!! >:( >:( >:(

Somebody, please for the love of god (i'm not religous by the way...) ban this plastic tripe asap ! How dare they call it N gauge, when you can't even put it on a track without creating a short  ??? ??? ???

If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

scotsoft

I have an Acer laptop that won't connect to the internet so I have taken everything off that I want to keep onto an external HD.
Retrieved the backup cd's from my desk where they have been safely stored after having been pestered by said laptop to do a backup after I bought it.

The "insert very strong expletive" thing will not recognise the cd's as having a backup on them and now that I am seething with Celtic fury (I feel like painting myself blue) I don't know what to do as I am so furious I am not thinking sanely.  ???  >:(

Tomorrow will be a nice day - I am sure  ::)

longbridge

The very reason I made the switch to a Linux OS three years ago, oh so easy, turn printer and modem on insert Linux OS disc and it will find everything itself, no having to find, download or load drivers.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Kipper

After many years of Microsoft I finally gave up and, needing a new laptop, plumped for a Mac. Very expensive but I do save a bit each year on not buying anti-virus, and it doesn't keep slowing down for updates.

poliss

jonclox

'Kibri'  >:(
Anybody else think its building kits are wayyyyyyyyy off scale?  :(
I seem to have to cut everything down to make it look more realistic
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

EtchedPixels

Quote from: jonclox on October 07, 2011, 09:20:42 PM

I'm not convinced they are wrong - a lot of European buildings seem to be a bit bigger than our shoeboxes, especially these days.

You could I guess use the Z scale ones ?
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bikeracer

I have two Canon inkjet printers which were really good the last time I used them,probably about two years ago,but when I had to have a new PC I never bothered to install them on it.

Wanting to print card models out and not wanting the chance that the ink might run with an inkjet I decided to buy a Canon LBP 5050 laser colour printer rather than install one of my inkjets and find the nozzles blocked up.

The annoying thing is that each time I switch it on to print just one page it goes into a three minutes long recalibration and colour correction routine after it's printed this one page,this whirring and whining is really annoying each time I use the printer.
Even though it hasn't been used since it's last recalibration when I switch it on it still prints my one page and then recalibrates again.
I've recently put four new toner cartridges in,but when they run out I'll bin this printer and buy a different make.

I wonder why all the reviews I looked at never mentioned annoying feature.

Anyway onto the angry part, I contacted Canon and basically said I was not happy with this laser printer constantly recalibrating.....the reply went into great length to explain about what happens with their INKJET printers.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

zwilnik

Quote from: poliss on October 07, 2011, 08:27:27 PM
Macs are not immune to viruses. http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/insrv/it/antivirus/applemac.html

They're not immune to social attacks and trojans (both of which are based on the user specifically allowing the malicious code access) or specific direct hacks but there's no such thing as an actual OS X virus in the wild. There are java and flash virii that can help gain access for a Mac hack, so it's always a good plan to make sure you're up to date and don't disable anything on the firewall you shouldn't but generally Mac virus checkers are a waste of space and do more harm than good.

You're better off being careful and not opening attachments without being certain who they're from and what they are (critical on any OS), disable Flash or use a plugin like ClickToFlash to make sure Flash based components don't trigger automatically (which cuts out most of the crappy ads too ;) ) and disable Java unless you actually need it for something.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Zwilnik on October 12, 2011, 03:25:46 PM
You're better off being careful and not opening attachments without being certain who they're from and what they are (critical on any OS), disable Flash or use a plugin like ClickToFlash to make sure Flash based components don't trigger automatically (which cuts out most of the crappy ads too ;) ) and disable Java unless you actually need it for something.

This really says it all for the current state of play in the Windows world, and I expect similar patterns for other things

http://www.net-security.org/malware_news.php?id=1863

Note that Adobe is a whopping 48% of this thanks to Reader/Acrobat/Flash bugs - and Flash is not the worst of them.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

EtchedPixels

More camera blocking scum, this time they really should be ashamed of themselves.

I trundled into our local Tesco to find that yet again they had raw meat, cooked meat and other products all lumped together in the one 'bargains' block. This is despite pointing out to senior staff that it's unsafe.

So I thought I'd collect the evidence for Tesco HQ, but oh no Mr security man would rather not have the evidence on record and proceeded to block my camera lens with a packet of grapes even though I was clearly only taking a photo of the evidence. More disturbingly the staff member nearby didn't even *understand* why it was a problem. Do they not train their people in basic food safety ?

Anyway he's peeved me sufficiently to make a formal complaint to the council food safety people, and I'm going to be keeping a close eye on it and phoning them if I see another one so they can dash in and fine the scumbags.

Trouble is from what I've seen - this isn't the only Tesco (or indeed supermarket) whose staff are doing this.

Tank

I used to work for Morrisons, and staff are trained, but after a few weeks they just don't care!  You are allowed raw and cooked in the same area, but cooked meats must be on the shelf above by law.  A common problem that we had was that customers would empty the shelves to find what they wanted and it all ended up on the bottom shelf with the raw meats!  Still, I'm sure some stores just put out the reduced items in any fashion like you say.

jonclox

Quote from: EtchedPixels on October 11, 2011, 11:58:34 PM
Quote from: jonclox on October 07, 2011, 09:20:42 PM

I'm not convinced they are wrong - a lot of European buildings seem to be a bit bigger than our shoeboxes, especially these days.

You could I guess use the Z scale ones ?

:-[ :-[ Thanks for your answer It is infact Z scale model buildings that with  I am finding 'overscale' as I mess about with things in that scale.  ;)
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP