Possible big sell off

Started by Vonk, September 12, 2016, 11:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonk

Not sure this is the right place for this right now but.... I was hoping to salvage some of my father's old stock and DCC convert it but after much thought and discussion with people I think the best will be to have a big sale. It is mostly "big 4" era LMS and GWR stock and most would have been second hand when purchased by him. Most has not had a proper run for 15+ years so will be sold as seen but it has all been stored in various boxes in the original boxes supplied by farish and peco.

what I may do is go to one of the big stores who do purchase stock and get a price off them and at least I know what the least I will get is. After that I will compile a list of all stock for sale and post it here for you all to get first chance to purchase. I may then try that auction site so many people use and finally I will go and sell to a store. I wonder is this something people may be interested in or would I be better to cut out the hassle and sell as a big bulk batch.

There may also be some kits and other pieces which I won't have an interest in but someone here may be able to think of a good use for.

My layout thread - Blackstone

Newportnobby

I guess probably the biggest issue will be removing everything from the box to check its condition so for rolling stock are all buffers present etc and for locos do they run OK and are they in good nick.
Finally, whether selling them on the forum N'porium or Fleabay you're going to have to take pics of everything.
At the end of the day you might decide it's all too much hassle and as long as a dealer will give you what you consider acceptable (and it will be low), cut your losses and just go for it. Any little gems just keep or sell for higher prices elsewhere (here or Fleabay)

NeMo

I do believe that the N Gauge Society will help sell on collections held by deceased members. Not sure where I read that though!

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

paulprice

Paul Evans

would certainly be interested most of my own stock is of that vintage

silly moo

There is also a version of N'porium on Facebook.

Mito

I could be interested too especially in the bits and pieces. Why not just make a list and sell as described?
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Sprintex

Quote from: Mito on September 12, 2016, 09:12:52 PMWhy not just make a list and sell as described?

Selling on the general forum isn't allowed, would all have to be listed individually in the N'porium.

Paul

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations