Red Imp Railways

Started by kirky, November 27, 2017, 05:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

I am resurrecting an old thread, but felt I needed to sing the praises of 'RedImp'. A couple of weeks ago, I ordered a few bits, including the portable site office, but because of the system, (not sure whether it was ebay or RedImp), I had to use the Argos Click & Collect service, along with a UK address. The items going to Argos arrived promptly with no bother, but the item going to the UK address never arrived. I emailed Ricky at RedImp and I ordered another item. Without any quibble, Ricky agreed to replace the missing item and to putting it in with my new order. When I picked up the new items today, I saw a plastic bag containing some familiar looking bits. Sure enough, on checking the workbench, the 'missing' items were there  :-[. I did not realise, but Ricky had put everything in the one envelope.  :doh: I emailed Ricky, grovelling appropriately and asked how he wanted me to pay for the duplicate items. He has refused to accept any payment. Now that is what I call customer service and I can not praise the ethics that Ricky has enough.

Incidentally, the portable site office is the one shown on Averingcliffe, used by the security officer Danny -

and contrary to some of the above comments, I am sure I used plastic cement for construction.

Addit: When I make up the third portable site office, I will make a note of what I do and add to this post.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

andy911john

I wondered if anybody has an email or phone number for the Red Imp guys?

I am in the US and for a variety of reasons I can't get an order placed. (US eBay account etc.)
I know they typically don't ship international - I have a UK address I can use.

Any help appreciated.
Andy J

ntpntpntp

@andy911john  are you also on the N Gauge Forum Facebook group?  Pretty sure Rick Bainborrow on there is the man behind Red Imp.  Of course he might also be a member on here but there's more than one RickB   :)

You could also just try the Contact Member option on ebay?
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

andy911john

ntp.,
Thanks as always for your reply.

I tried to message the seller but I can't do that without registering on UK eBay.  I can't register because UK eBay already knows my address through the US eBay site...
(I don't do Facebook...too much time spent working in the valley!)

Tried to place an order but I think the combination of a UK Ship To and a US Bill To causes a problem - order never completes
At a bit of a loss  :(
A

andy911john

Yahooo!
I tried a couple more times on UK eBay and eventually the page reported "order was placed".  I also just recieved an email confirmation.

I guess the inter web is busy at the moment..

So, I need to let my sister know that there's a package coming for me..

Thanks for the help.
A

ntpntpntp

Quote from: andy911john on May 01, 2020, 04:36:39 PM

I tried a couple more times on UK eBay and eventually the page reported "order was placed".  I also just recieved an email confirmation.

I guess the inter web is busy at the moment..

Ah good, let's hope it turns up.

Yes bits of the net are struggling, especially the Hornby website - it took me a few hours last night to get a pre-order for a "Captain Tom Moore" loco to actually work all the way through without timeouts and crashes.  I think I've only ordered one  :D
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

gavin_t

Bringing this topic back up as I have built my 2nd kit of theirs and am again very impressed.  Lots of detail, fairly priced, clear instructions and some nice touches like grooves for the walls etc to sit in so everything is nice and square  :)

Porta cabin and skips

Security Hut for my yard area is the latest. Paint needs more work yet...

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations