What are you modelling?

Started by guest2, November 26, 2010, 09:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doltic

I'm planning of going somewhere late 70's - early eighties. Any excuse to have big diesels running, like the Deltic or maybe a HST in the future.

Planning to run a double-track high speed line somewhere through the flat, and then end it in some sort of larger station, though the choice is still out on that - I need to see how much space I get allocated for my little train obsession by the management
Deltic nerd.

now owns a BR01.

1148Nick

It's BR green for me, boring old diesels but at least I have more luck than with the steamers! Having said that I do have one Merc. navy, Clan line, purely because I was fortunate enough to get up on the footplate while it was in Victoria station prior to a excellent day trip.

Newportnobby

Nowt wrong with green/maroon/desert sand/golden ochre diesels to my mind :no: :D

Markthetog

Having recently moved to Surrey with my interest in railway modelling revived after 30 years by my 10yr old Stepson I'm building a fictitious layout between Reigate and Guildford set in 1964. A very lucky random choice given what an oddity the area was at that time. Loving learning more about the area and era. Scratch building Betchworth Lime Kilns over Christmas.

port perran

Welcome aboard Mark.
Not really my area but I do know that The Guildford area was most interesting towards the end of steam.
Was it 77014 that strayed down that way from the NE and stayed put?
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Markthetog

Quote from: port perran on December 12, 2019, 07:35:50 PM
Welcome aboard Mark.
Not really my area but I do know that The Guildford area was most interesting towards the end of steam.
Was it 77014 that strayed down that way from the NE and stayed put?

It was! Sadly not until '66 (dammit) but a wonderful mix of steam and diesel between the electrified lines in the '60's. As someone that's lived most of his life in GWR and S&D territory it's all proving a wonderful insight into the history of the area, I'm constantly being taken off on hours-long tangential research into things that have no bearing on the layout whatsoever!

Chris in Prague

BR Standard 3MT 2-6-0 No. 77014 had an interesting history. After being an ER loco. until 1964 it was moved to the LMR 8E Northwich on November 1964 before its infamous transfer to the SR at 70C Guilford in April 1966 from where it was withdrawn in July 1967. Guildford certainly had some interesting allocations over the years.

honestjudge

I'm chopping up a Peco tunnel entrance, and with some embossed plasticard and casting equipment, will be making a 2ft viaduct. :hmmm:

Shiney Sheff

I took inspiration from this thread a while ago.

.https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=22623.0

It's taken quite a while to gather all the requisite bits together but I now have them, (the Farish bogies were the things that kept eluding me ) so hopefully over the holiday period I will be making a start.

Bob

PGN

I'm building a Great Northern brake van from the BH Enterprises etched kit.

This one's pretty rough and ready ... the next one I build will be better!
Pre-Grouping: the best of all possible worlds!

I would rather build a model which is wrong but "looks right" than a model which is right but "looks wrong".

chrism

I'm testing the track on Broughton before gluing it down - running all my locos with suitable trains in both directions both forwards and backwards at varying speeds.

In between (i.e. while one is doing a series of circuits) I'm starting to look at the level crossing gates mechanism whilst, in the back of my mind, considering the best (simplest) way to make the wagon turntables for the goods yard.

Bullmastiff1

Hi all.

Recently I've bought a lay out. Do I need to change the track for DCC?

Thanks.

jpendle

Quote from: Bullmastiff1 on January 25, 2020, 02:57:19 PM
Hi all.

Recently I've bought a lay out. Do I need to change the track for DCC?

Thanks.
No

Regards

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Bullmastiff1

bridgiesimon

10 wagon kits on the go at the moment -

a set of 5 Railtrack autoballaster wagons

5 ATM KTA pocket wagons.

All great models and going together really well so far.

Best wishes
Simon

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations