The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevewalker

The NHS's "hand-on" staff are not always that good either!

When my wife was still able to work, she was a Registered Mental Health Nurse and also a Registered General Nurse. In one department that she worked in, there were five nurses and social workers, plus a manager. My wife was the only part-timer, working half the hours of the rest.

One day a senior manager visited and no-one was there ... not too surprising, as they were a community team. The same happened next time. The senior manager started to look a bit closer at the department and found that my wife was seeing more patients than the full-timers. Further investigation revealed that three of the full-timers were stating that they were seeing patients in the offices at a different hospital, but they were actually spending days out shopping or visiting coffee shops!

The two social workers moved to another council before they could be disciplined, while the nurse was returned to the department she'd been seconded from and told to pay back around £10,000.

The fourth, a nurse, was the only one you could feel sympathy for. He was logging on at home and then, soon after, taking his dog for a long walk. However, he was struggling mentally at the time, as he'd just gone through a nasty breakup and been diagnosed as HIV positive - he was the only one that they sacked.

The department manager who was overseeing this fiasco was moved to another department ... and promoted!

Meanwhile, the department was wound up, my wife was moved to another department and she was forced to spend another 12 months fighting for her position, as they had had her on the wrong pay grade for some time and had "conveniently" lost the paperwork submitted to correct it, so were only offering her jobs below her proper grade and were threatening to get rid of her unless she accepted one of them. This was only resolved when she involved a solicitor.

Newportnobby

I must admit being told every now and then by a medico I'd maybe feel better if I lost a little weight.
This just makes me feel like responding "From what I see a good 80% of your nurses are clinically obese. Is this a good advert for your mantra?"

Bob Tidbury

My answer when Iget weighed at a hospital and told Ime over weight is no I am just a bit short for my weight .
And I agree with Mick nurses are usually very skinny or over weight .
Bob Tidbury

Calnefoxile

How  :censored: long does it take to sell a house in a private sale between 2 people???

I lost both my parents in the last 18 months and have therefore inherited the family home, I found a buyer almost instantly, the daughter of my parents neighbour.

Simples we thought, there's no chain, the Buyer gets survey for Mortgage done in a week, I get all the necessary paperwork my side done, i.e Energy Survey, Grant of Probate etc. and then we have to introduce the bottleneck  :censored: Solicitors!!!

We are now into the 5th week and apart from me answering some questions about the searches, of which I had to guess as I've not lived in the house for 40 years, nothing!! Nada!! Doesn't even look like we're anywhere near getting this completed!!!

Sorry just getting frustrated at Solicitors obviously trying to justify their extortionate fee for doing bu88er all quickly!!!!

:veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Neal.

The Q

A friend has just completed her purchase... It took her several months and she was a cash buyer having already sold her previous house.. At one point her solicitor included details of the wrong house in the survey!!

The most junior member of staff often not even a real solicitor actually does the house enquiries and most of the work, The solicitor just signs it off..

Newportnobby

I've been in the same boat as Neal as our Mother passed away in April. The difference is, with 2 sisters there are 3 Executors and one doesn't have internet. Like a nutjob I volunteered to be the main point of contact and have found it astounding just how bad solicitors and other hangers on can be. We also had contracts made out to the wrong address etc and had to point this out to them.
It seems when they want info you have to jump but their communications are, quite frankly, appalling. For everything, I've had to confer with my sisters and get their signatures on countless pieces of paper (and they're like herding cats). Here we are 20 weeks later. The estate agent says contracts were due to be exchanged last Thursday but haven't actually confirmed that, and completion is due tomorrow.
Then I'll submit my invoice >:D

stevewalker

With the way prices are going, I hope that you priced your time in model railway items and not pounds  :)

Skyline2uk

I apologise to anybody who works in the industry but the entire home buying and selling business is full or utter utter morons.

The last lot we used to sell ours couldn't find the details of the land rent company.

I literally had to take the name I gave them, Google it for them, and give them the contact details.

And then the ***** charged me!

Shower of ******

I feel your pain @Calnefoxile / Neale

Skyline2uk

dannyboy

I realise that this is nowt to do with house selling/buying, but it goes to show that nowt changes. Many many years ago, when my first wife and I were going through the divorce, we had to go to Court so the Judge could be satisfied with the arrangements for the maintenance etc., for our son. Now bear in mind the fact that our son was not a teenager when we started the divorce proceedings. The conversation at Court went something like this -
Judge: "Is there just the one child of the marriage?"
Me: "Yes your Honour"
Judge: "And has an arrangement been made for the childs welfare?"
Judge: "Hang on, is the only child of the marriage 18 years of age next month?"
Judge: "Of course I am satisfied then - why has it taken so long to get to Court?"

I had, at one stage, complained to the body that regulates Solicitors over the delays and my Solicitor was instructed to halve his bill.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Skyline2uk on October 03, 2022, 10:44:07 AM
I apologise to anybody who works in the industry but the entire home buying and selling business is full of utter utter morons.
Shower of ******

Couldn't agree more. Bunch of parasites doing as little as possible for as much as possible.
If only selling my Mother's property was as easy as selling her car ::)

geofff

This was a few years ago now, but we eventually sold my Mum's home after she passed. There was an equity loan/mortgage on the house and the solicitor drew up a statement of the sale and was going to pay me the whole value of the sale - ignoring the repayment of £80,000 to the equity loan company. I've yet to find a competent solicitor.

Malc

When my father passed, my mother wanted to pay off the mortgage as it was only a small amount. The solicitor told her to stop paying and he would sort it out. When I went home 6 months later, my mum was getting letters from the mortgage company about missed payments. My father left a will and didn't have a big estate but the solicitor was taking ages to put it through probate. I had to go down and have a few words with him to sort it out. He didn't like it when I gave him an ultimatum to clear everything up before I contacted the Law Society.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Dorsetmike

What a waste!Just received this box from Hattons which contained 1 packet of rail joiners, surely an envelope would have done the job? Plus Royal mail's tracked 48 service took 7 days including a diversion to Bicester.

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

dannyboy

Just be thankful that you did not ordered two packs.  :). I ordered 3 bottles of supplements last week. One bottle came Friday, in a box measuring about 10" x 10" x 8". A second bottle arrived today, in a similar size box and the the third bottle has yet to be despatched, so presumably that will be in a similar size box. The bottles measure about 3" tall by 2" in diameter.As you say, what a wastet.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

geofff

Quote from: Dorsetmike on October 10, 2022, 01:36:57 PM
What a waste!Just received this box from Hattons which contained 1 packet of rail joiners, surely an envelope would have done the job? Plus Royal mail's tracked 48 service took 7 days including a diversion to Bicester.

Need to justify the cost of the postage and packing

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations