The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

Suffering with a bladder infection again. It happens every 4 -6 months. The problems with being diabetic that they don't tell you about
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on June 13, 2014, 02:50:41 AM
Suffering with a bladder infection again. It happens every 4 -6 months. The problems with being diabetic that they don't tell you about

Sorry to hear that, Malc, and hope it gets cleared up soon :thumbsup:

MikeDunn

Quote from: Malc on June 13, 2014, 02:50:41 AM
Suffering with a bladder infection again. It happens every 4 -6 months.
Just a thought (you may already do this ...) but do you regularly have cranberries ?  Either juice, the berries themselves, or a supplement ?  It may help, as it has natural antibiotic properties ...

Oldun

I'll second the above  :thumbsup:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Geoff

I have to say I had to goto the toilet in the middle of the night until I stopped eating oranges, not sure if that had anything to do with it, but I just tried coming off different things until something worked for me.
Geoff

Malc

Thanks guys, but I have been having 1/2 glass of cranberry last thing at night for about a year. It has to be the low sugar type, otherwise, being diabetic, it makes me get out more. The antibiotics usually kick in after a couple of days, otherwise I will miss going out for dinner with friends on Saturday

Ozymandias

Hope you feel better soon, Malc!
"Look on my works, Ye Mighty, and despair!"

MikeDunn

Quote from: Malc on June 13, 2014, 10:30:40 AM
1/2 glass of cranberry last thing at night
Might be worth increasing to a half-glass in the morning as well ...

Newportnobby

Went to the local timber merchant this morning to get some ply for the backscenes/boxing on my small layout. I was told someone had gone home sick and that they'd call me just after lunch to let me know it was ready. Fair enough, I thought. I'm in no great rush.
Left it till 3.15pm - no call - so I went back and the lass in the sheet material section said it had been cut but then the guy who cut it went home sick before he could call me ::)

(a) She's lying (badly)
(b) Their staff are mainly Belgian or Algerian :-\
(c) Not sure I want their ply as there may be an epidemic illness on it :worried:

My money's on (a)

MikeDunn

Given the area you live in - mine's on all 3 !!!   :o

Bealman

Malc... I've always found a beer antidotal but it doesn't do a lot to help going to the loo in the middle of the night  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Seem to be suffering another plague of tiny red spider mites ::)
They tend to congregate on white uPVC but as that's what my conservatory is mainly constructed from and my main layout is in there, carnage is occurring.
I dare say if a train runs over one it won't do too much damage to the train, but the little critters do seem to explode as a red blob :goggleeyes:

No - I have no sympathy for the blighters either >:D

guest311

got an e-mail from Hattons this afternoon, order processed  :thumbsup:

pack of 4 Dapol coupling springs price 60p  :thumbsup:

total charged to my card ----- £4.60  :veryangry:

got straight onto 'chat' and had a whinge, and they reduced it to £2.60 and refunded the other £2.  :thumbsup:

what I can't understand is how it got to £4 in the first place, when they quote £2 for less that 130 grams.

just waiting to see how big a box it arrives in, and how much bubblewrap and air bags I can add to the pile in the cupboard  :hmmm:

Oldman

Doctors.  Had blood test booked for 0930 and they were already running 1 hour late. They only opened at 0800. :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :censored:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Malc

They know your appointment time, so why couldn't they ring you and tell you to hang on at home a bit?  My doctor isn't too bad on the waiting front. Once when it was 45 mins, they apologised because some one had had a heart attack in the consulting room. Usually you go in with one complaint, but by the time you've spent 30 mins in close confines with 20 other people, you come out with 6 other complaints. Rant over, I'll get me coat.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations