The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croxy

Quote from: Agrippa on January 24, 2014, 12:26:44 PM

Just like Springtime in Scotland  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

cheers John.
[/quote]

And sometimes summer ! :(
[/quote]

It's funny......they used to call it an "Arctic Air Mass" when this weather pushed in.....but I suppose that isn't dramatic enough so now they have to call it a

POLAR VORTEX

I suppose that just sounds far more dramatic......I just call it cold......and tonight the wind is gusting up to 90 KMH.....yup cold....good night to hibernate....  :)

:whiteflag:
If you like it run it......

QLD KID

:hellosign: Couldn't agree more Dumb T V for Women seems to be a World Wide Disease and one of the reasons I started building my Layout again. Works for me I even have the Garage air-conditioned now, a must in Far North Queensland so it all worked out in the end.
Enjoy your Trains. Cheers, Denis.
Never take Life too serious we are never going to make it out alive.

jonclox

:veryangry: :veryangry: Last night leckie power went off. Stayed off long enough for us to think torches etc. Came back on after about 15 minutes. Just long enough to upset the PC which promptly dumped every single password that I had lovingly set up.
Now fuming as I try and remember them all and reinstall them  :veryangry: :veryangry:
By the way don't worry I remembered this one and got back in  ;D (clever or what?)  :angel:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Good to see how your memory's priorities lie, Jon :D

jonclox

Quote from: newportnobby on January 25, 2014, 02:33:49 PM
Good to see how your memory's priorities lie, Jon :D
I think I shall now replace all my passwords with an extremely rude word or phrase.
John A GOM personified
Ruleoneshire

REGP

That's it Jon, just think of the word you say when you can't remember the password and use that!

If that's not long enough just repeat it.

Ray

ParkeNd

Quote from: REGP on January 25, 2014, 04:22:07 PM
That's it Jon, just think of the word you say when you can't remember the password and use that!

Ray

One of the required password formats at work required a minimum of 27 characters to access an HR function. That needed either a poem or a short prayer for a password !!  Don't know any 27 character swear words - but then a rude phrase would have done I suppose.

Newportnobby

Quote from: ParkeNd on January 25, 2014, 05:40:47 PM

Ray

One of the required password formats at work required a minimum of 27 characters to access an HR function. That needed either a poem or a short prayer for a password !!  Don't know any 27 character swear words - but then a rude phrase would have done I suppose.

:o
I have to assume that 'Alphabet1' wouldn't work then :no:

ParkeNd

Quote from: newportnobby on January 25, 2014, 06:30:38 PM
Quote from: ParkeNd on January 25, 2014, 05:40:47 PM

Ray

Strange that one didn't appear in the survey of passwords published in one of the newspapers this week. It did include though as the no1 most common password "123456". An old lady (older than me that is) in front of me in Waitrose a few months back keyed a PIN of "0000" which is great for a numeric keypad.

:o
I have to assume that 'Alphabet1' wouldn't work then :no:

Bealman

Packaging. Grrr. I know that we want our models to be well protected - especially when they are being posted or sent by courier, but I find getting them out of the box to be very problematic.

What has prompted this is that I had a devil of a job getting my prized Class 42 'Goliath' out of the box recently, and managed to leave a buffer behind in the box in the process. To make things worse, I noticed another one missing off the other end - and I think that is probably in the vacuum cleaner.

I endeavour to take great care with my models - especially at Aussie prices (A$209.95 for the Warship from a hobby shop when I was in Tasmania - 110.64 Pounds), but I don't see why they can't put a little finger indent in the foam to facilitate a more delicate removal.

There. That's me grunt for the day.  >:(

Does anyone know if I can get replacement buffers?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Croxy

Quote from: Bealman on January 28, 2014, 12:38:25 AM
Packaging. Grrr. I know that we want our models to be well protected - especially when they are being posted or sent by courier, but I find getting them out of the box to be very problematic.

What has prompted this is that I had a devil of a job getting my prized Class 42 'Goliath' out of the box recently, and managed to leave a buffer behind in the box in the process. To make things worse, I noticed another one missing off the other end - and I think that is probably in the vacuum cleaner.

I endeavour to take great care with my models - especially at Aussie prices (A$209.95 for the Warship from a hobby shop when I was in Tasmania - 110.64 Pounds), but I don't see why they can't put a little finger indent in the foam to facilitate a more delicate removal.

There. That's me grunt for the day.  >:(

Does anyone know if I can get replacement buffers?

I feel your pain.....although I haven't had that happen to me yet, I feel it is only a matter of time. Sometimes they are very difficult to remove from the packaging.....

:veryangry:
If you like it run it......

jonclox

:veryangry: Messrs Yodel  :veryangry:
Our house name is clearly displayed in 2 places but they still need to phone us (in broken English) to ask where we are
John A GOM personified
Ruleoneshire

MikeDunn

Does "at the end of the phone talking to you ?" not work  ???

DrBlue86

Quote from: jonclox on January 28, 2014, 02:36:05 PM
:veryangry: Messrs Yodel  :veryangry:
Our house name is clearly displayed in 2 places but they still need to phone us (in broken English) to ask where we are
An idea for that is to find out your lat/long reference no. Or use an os 6figure grid reference

Malc

What really annoys me is the number of phone calls on my mobile about unclaimed PPI, or accidents at work. I have 33 of them blocked, but still get others popping up. :veryangry:
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations