The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bikeracer

I bought a couple of things via paypal and I've sent them back and they have returned the money to my paypal account,paypal have put a hold on it and when I try to get into paypal using the link in my ebay all there is is a blank page.

The only way I can get into paypal is by using Google,when I try to log in my log in details are rejected.After jumping through several hoops I got into a chat session in ebay,the person there said that paypal holding my money was nothing to do with ebay. :veryangry:

She then posted a link to paypal,but as usual its just a faq session and if the problem doesn't come under the choices that are available it seems pretty useless. :veryangry:

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Tank

Quote from: Bikeracer on February 21, 2013, 08:14:42 PM
I bought a couple of things via paypal and I've sent them back and they have returned the money to my paypal account,paypal have put a hold on it and when I try to get into paypal using the link in my ebay all there is is a blank page.

The only way I can get into paypal is by using Google,when I try to log in my log in details are rejected.After jumping through several hoops I got into a chat session in ebay,the person there said that paypal holding my money was nothing to do with ebay. :veryangry:

She then posted a link to paypal,but as usual its just a faq session and if the problem doesn't come under the choices that are available it seems pretty useless. :veryangry:

Allan

How annoying!  I've been there so many times. :veryangry:  Paypal are really helpful on the phone and can sort your account out immediately.  A pain having to phone, but it really is fast.  I was emailed once saying that my account was suspended awaiting information (I'd already used the account for 9 years) and I would hear from them within 48 hours reactivating my account.  Well, I emailed them a few times, then two weeks later I called them and they sorted everything out within a minute.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Bikeracer on February 21, 2013, 08:14:42 PM
chat session in ebay,the person there said that paypal holding my money was nothing to do with ebay. :veryangry:

Usual problem I find - they employ staff on the far side of the globe who are quite frequently it seems clueless, and any who are can't help anyway because the system won't trust them.

Rewind a bit

- Clear the web browser cache/cookies (or use a different browser 8))
- Go to paypal
- See if you can then log in
- If not follow the "lost my password" link and reset it via email.

If there is a hold on the money then you should still be able to log in, it's just they are sitting on the money until it's cleared/settled (which shouldn't take long if the seller refunded it of choice).

Paypal is ebay if you follow corporate ownership lines but not for staff or most other purposes.

Phone may not help - Paypal certainly only used to give phone numbers to people who used it lots.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bikeracer

Further to my previous post,I can log into paypal now.

Did that and see that paypal have held my refund back while they review it. :veryangry:
To me that's just another way for them to have the use of the money for a bit longer,I cant get them to answer my query as to why its on hold because the refund has not been completed yet,talk about going round in circles.

Allan :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Calnefoxile

Got a further update from Hannants yesterday regarding the no paints in the post saga from Royal Mail.

Message. Regarding the problems we are having posting out paints we are sorry but there is no good news. We have been told that this situation will not change and has originated from the airlines and also applies to surface rates as they cannot guarantee the parcel will not go by air at some point it it's journey. We cannot send enamel paints and a few other items like Zap glues etc unless it goes by ParcelForce who are more expensive than Royal Mail. We get no pleasure or money from this because it goes to ParcelForce. Our website has been modified so if you put any items in your cart that Royal Mail will not take you will only see the ParcelForce rates. We are aware that there are a few other shops that can still send paints and we have been told they are not allowed to either and it is only because they have not been spotted yet and over time they will also be stopped. We advise you to buy as much paint as you can from your local model shop, at shows, my post from anyone who can still send it or, of course, from us and have it sent by ParcelForce. Stock up now. We are continuing to look for a firm that will take enamels. If you know any please do let us know....

Regards

Neal.

Pengi

Quote from: Calnefoxile on February 23, 2013, 11:26:46 AM

Got a further update from Hannants yesterday regarding the no paints in the post saga from Royal Mail.

Message. We advise you to buy as much paint as you can from your local model shop, at shows, my post from anyone who can still send it or, of course, from us and have it sent by ParcelForce. Stock up now. We are continuing to look for a firm that will take enamels. If you know any please do let us know....

Regards

Neal.

This seems grimmer than I first thought - I'd not appreciated that the local model shops might also be affected by this too.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

EtchedPixels

Thats what you get for flying post around instead of using trains ;)

I wouldn't expect model shops to have big problems. Lots of the freight shippers and couriers routinely deal with large quantities of non-air products including acetone., phone batteries and the like, all of which are a good deal more hazardous than pots of paint.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bikeracer

I think the problem with using air transport could well be due to the air pressure getting less as the plane goes higher, and the extra ground pressure of the air in the paint tins forces the lids open.

About forty years ago when I was into slot racing it happened a lot to bottles of goop from the States until they realised what was causing the bottles to go..pop.

Allan

EtchedPixels

Its considered a fire risk, and exploding cargo on a plane is very very dangerous, while cargo fires on a freight train are merely a real nuisance.

Alan

Bikeracer

Following on from my problem about getting a refund from paypal,I did manage to contact them yesterday and received the following reply today................

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

I am Arra and I will do my very best to make sure that you get all the required help regarding your concern.

Let me inform you that your refund for the amount of £5.00 and £41.84  will be credited to your PayPal balance on the 27 February 2013.

Allow me to explain why refund is placed on "temporary hold."

As I can see payment made was funded by your bank account. Please take note requests of payment using a bank account is not automatically charged from your account as it goes through clearing process which may take from 5-7 working days. In order for the seller to get the payment instantly, PayPal funds the transaction while waiting 5-7 working days for the bank to clear money requested, therefore refunded or cancelled transactions will be on temporary hold. Funds will be credited to your balance once it clears from your bank.

Requests made to a bank can not be cancelled, your account will still be charged and you just need to wait 5-7 business days before money is cleared and be credited to your PayPal balance. You may use it to fund future transactions (balance in your PayPal account is automatically used first to cover purchases) or transfer if back to your bank account ( log in to your PayPal account and click " Withdraw").

We appreciate your cooperation and patience with this matter.

I am glad I was able to help you today. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to email us back.

Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Yours sincerely,
Arra
PayPal

Allan

Newportnobby

A straight reply.
Geddit? Straight as an Arra?
Oh, please yourselves - I'll get me coat :-[

daveg

Quote from: newportnobby on February 24, 2013, 02:50:15 PM
A straight reply.

Have you forgotten to take your medication, again?  ;)

Dave G

Bikeracer

I know he takes those little blue pills so he doesn't roll out of bed at night. :o

Allan

Lawrence

Quote from: newportnobby on February 24, 2013, 02:50:15 PM
A straight reply.

I think you will find that several of us have it ready for you  ;)  ;D ;D

Bikeracer

Sometimes I play on my Xbox and I'm now not going to pay for any more downloadable addons.

All down loads have to be purchased with tokens which are purchased first,the minimum amount is 500 tokens,so if I want a download costing 800 tokens I have to buy a 1000 tokens leaving me with 200 tokens credit.So I've actually paid more than the cost of the download.

If Microsoft can take the correct money to buy tokens,why can't they take the money for the download and not bother with tokens.
Bill Gates has enough money without me adding to his coffers.

Allan

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations