What are you modelling?

Started by guest2, November 26, 2010, 09:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Stuart B on June 20, 2019, 11:06:48 PM
Only 2 rules for Devex Junction - 1. I run what I like 2.  When the train is running, the bar is open (when the train isn't running the bar is also open).

@Stuart B
Love the rules ;D
I've trained my relatives to give me Rails of Sheffield vouchers for every birthday and Christmas. It takes the sting out of buying so much like I do.

Bealman

I'd just be happy with being presented with me Christmas presents at a bar.  Home is so boring!

(No places open on Christmas Day here)

That's one of the great things about living in Australia.....

temperance  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

chrism

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 21, 2019, 10:06:53 AM
Quote from: Stuart B on June 20, 2019, 11:06:48 PM
Only 2 rules for Devex Junction - 1. I run what I like 2.  When the train is running, the bar is open (when the train isn't running the bar is also open).

@Stuart B
Love the rules ;D

Especially Rule 2, that suits me a treat  :beers:

monkey_brains

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 21, 2019, 10:06:53 AM

I've trained my relatives to give me Rails of Sheffield vouchers for every birthday and Christmas. It takes the sting out of buying so much like I do.

Now that sounds like a good plan  :claphappy:
A keen modern image modeller in N Gauge, the latest creation I am working on is Cottingfield - an N Gauge Rule 1 Layout

Plotting has started on a DC controlled layout for the trains I can't easily convert to DCC North Wroxham - an N Gauge Modern Era Layout

Dizz

Last w/e modelled a couple of NGS container kits: experimented with some home-made "What's Neat This Week" podcast logos. 
I only have clear water-slide decal paper and wanted to see how white text comes out using a white back ground.  Also how well MicroSol would handle pulling the decal down onto the detail.

Littorio

Hi all, still new here and finding my way around.

I planed on doing a Southern themed early nationalised layout (1948-56) for which I have a Schools class and a B1 (some where loaned to Southern) there is also a visiting 0-6-0 GWR 64xx Pannier (cute little thing that I couldn't resist) that got lost  :uneasy:
I've only just brought some track so nothing is down yet but while away a couple of weeks ago I visited Gaugemasters engine shed and as it was my birthday couldn't come away without buying something, so now I have a Class 43 GNER HST with a couple of extra coaches, most definitely not Era 4!

There are at least one or two more Schools and a couple of Spam cans set for the future but I can also see a Class 66 and some other more modern diesels joining the layout.
Just starting out

chrism

Quote from: Littorio on August 18, 2019, 07:06:53 AM
I planed on doing a Southern themed early nationalised layout (1948-56) for which I have a Schools class and a B1 (some where loaned to Southern) there is also a visiting 0-6-0 GWR 64xx Pannier (cute little thing that I couldn't resist) that got lost  :uneasy:

With a little bit of modeller's licence that could be more than "just visiting".

In BR days, GWR Panniers (OK, 57xx rather than 64xx, but it'd be close enough) were used on the Portland branch out of Weymouth (plus boat trains through the streets of Weymouth),  ECS workings between Waterloo and Clapham Junction and on the Folkestone Harbour branch.

Littorio

Thank you Chrism, that's good to know. I have been reading up on Southern but I'm still finding my feet so to speak.
Just starting out

chrism

GWR Panniers at Weymouth would have been because they were there under GWR days, with both GWR and LSWR/SR lines running to Weymouth.

Folkestone and Waterloo were, of course, never GWR, but BR used the GWR panniers at those places because they needed something to replace older locos and there were plenty of panniers around.

Newportnobby

This map might help. GWR lines in red........(see attached)

Littorio

Thank you both and for the map.

Schools I know were express passenger for which I have some blood and custard coaches for, I'll also pick up some earlier SR green coaches, the B1 is mixed traffic but what about the Pannier, were they freight, passenger or mixed traffic?
Just starting out

chrism

Quote from: Littorio on August 18, 2019, 09:52:10 AM
Thank you both and for the map.

Schools I know were express passenger for which I have some blood and custard coaches for, I'll also pick up some earlier SR green coaches, the B1 is mixed traffic but what about the Pannier, were they freight, passenger or mixed traffic?

Mixed at Portland and Weymouth I suspect, obviously passenger for the boat trains through the streets.
Passenger for the ECS (Empty Coaching Stock) workings out of Waterloo.
Mixed, I suspect at Folkestone, including (definitely) banking boat trains up from the harbour.

Littorio

Chrism thanks.

Just did a quick interweb check and found the 64xx was fitted with gear for Autocoaches. GF do a blood and custard autocoach so it looks like I may get that for the Pannier and use the B1 for freight.

Thanks for your help, I've only been at this for two months before then all I knew about trains were that they ran on rails, came in different colours, some chuff others thump and some whine!

:thankyousign:
Just starting out

Bealman

If that's the case, then you are indeed doing well :thumbsup:

And serious about getting it right, which is great.  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Chris in Prague

BR SR also used ex-GWR pannier tanks in Devon and Cornwall of the 57xx variety, Exmouth Junction had some and there was a pair at Wadebridge, too. Again, as replacements for much older mainly ex-LSWR locos.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations