Peco Way Gauge

Started by rg1, January 14, 2012, 12:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rg1

I'm using the way gauge for spacing track. On straight sections this is simple enough but when you come to a curved section where there is a 3rd radius with 2nd radius inside of that, do I need to increase the gap to allow for carriages to pass each other un-hindered?

Thanks
Rob

The pen is mightier than the sword (and easier to write with!)

Sprintex

Depends if you're using Setrack or Streamline spacing, and also the stock you intend to run. Obviously 75' MK3 coaches or long bogie wagons will have more chance of clashing than shorter MK1 coaches and small wagons.

If using streamline spacing then it may be best to pin the track down temporarily and test with your longest coach/wagon. If two can pass each other satisfactorily then carry on, else you'll have to allow a little bit more clearance as I did  :)

Maybe someone will be along that's actually experimented with this, all my tight curves are hidden so spacing wasn't an issue  ;)

Paul

rg1

I've only got a DMU that I can try at the moment. It seems to be ok using the streamline spacing but I intend running goods as well so maybe use streamline setting on straight runs and increase it for curved sections. Just to be on the safe side.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and easier to write with!)

michael

Quote from: rg1 on January 14, 2012, 01:49:52 PM
I've only got a DMU that I can try at the moment. It seems to be ok using the streamline spacing but I intend running goods as well so maybe use streamline setting on straight runs and increase it for curved sections. Just to be on the safe side.

Thats what Ive done on my layout, most of the nasty tight corners will be covered by bridges and tunnels anyway so no one will know the gap gets bigger.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations