Farish new announcements 2016/17

Started by bluedepot, February 29, 2016, 08:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy L S

Each to their own Matt. I am a fairly recent convert to DCC and only just taken the leap into sound (3 locos so far). I have found that sound brings life to the layout in a non-visual way.

The point I was making is that innovation is to be expected. Many will take the plunge with Nunney Castle as their first DCC sound loco and the price is very competitive. I suspect we may see other RTR sound fitted locos sooner rather than later - possibly even a variant of the 40 (I'm not quite clear about this from what I have read).

Sure, for those who want this model of Nunney Castle non-sound it must be frustrating but Bachmann must be pretty confident they can sell 1000 of them and at that price I'm sure they will.

As you say, for those who don't want the sound there are still three other choices.

Roy

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Roy L S on March 02, 2016, 10:37:08 AM
Each to their own Matt. I am a fairly recent convert to DCC and only just taken the leap into sound (3 locos so far). I have found that sound brings life to the layout in a non-visual way.

The point I was making is that innovation is to be expected. Many will take the plunge with Nunney Castle as their first DCC sound loco and the price is very competitive. I suspect we may see other RTR sound fitted locos sooner rather than later - possibly even a variant of the 40 (I'm not quite clear about this from what I have read).

Sure, for those who want this model of Nunney Castle non-sound it must be frustrating but Bachmann must be pretty confident they can sell 1000 of them and at that price I'm sure they will.

As you say, for those who don't want the sound there are still three other choices.

Roy

Remember there will be lots of people who want the other three castles with sound, so I look forward to body swapping.

railsquid

Quote from: Skyline2uk on March 02, 2016, 08:15:59 AM
Ah the agony of choice!

I thought the DCC first Castle would remove an option for my next purchase, but seeing the non-DCC ones puts that choice right back.

Have fancied a "Rule 1" steam loco for a while, Castles being my favourite.
Ah, if there are some non-DCC ones that's much better, somewhere I got the impression the DCC/sound one was the only option. I have a plan which might well involve a Castle in a vaguely prototypical way, but haven't done much research yet. Not going to throw my toys out of the pram if the exact model I "need" isn't available though.

Karhedron

Quote from: railsquid on March 02, 2016, 10:56:00 AM
Ah, if there are some non-DCC ones that's much better, somewhere I got the impression the DCC/sound one was the only option. I have a plan which might well involve a Castle in a vaguely prototypical way, but haven't done much research yet. Not going to throw my toys out of the pram if the exact model I "need" isn't available though.
Same here. Whilst I like the look on Nunney Castle, a regular DC early-crest Castle will be fine for me.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Mr PJ

Quote from: 47845 on March 02, 2016, 12:09:52 AM
Quote from: bluedepot on March 01, 2016, 10:47:25 PM
What do the night mail and day at the races train sets comprise of???  anyone know?

Night Mail: 47522 Doncaster Enterprise, Parcels BG, Parcels POS
Races: Green 3mt, 3x green horseboxes

Personally I want to shrink the two 00 sets. Especially the military set

47522...same body as 47535 (flush headcode both ends). Will it be in the apple green livery? I think an OO special edition was produced of it in this condition. Just outside my time period, being outshopped in October 87 :-\
But would be tempting...

Cheers
Paul

bluedepot

I don't like that moss green livery so hoping it will be res livery as no new tooling 47 in that livery yet. not sure if 47522 was ever in res though.

it would seem daft to have it in parcels red and grey as already a 47 47474 done. that green livery is not v common or attractive or popular(???) so would be an odd choice for a train set.

Tim

Skyline2uk

Pictures on Gas Cupboard Facebook page show new Farish set with parcels Green 47.

Skyline2uk

Portpatrick

Thinking 319, this morning I saw one, in London Midland livery, coming over the level crossing at North Watford halt on the Abbey Flier line.  I live less than 10 minutes walk from it and had not noticed they were no longer using the 321s on that service.  So perhaps i could justify one to complement the 350 I bough as a memorial to some 35 years commuting Watford to Euston!

woodbury22uk

Quote from: Portpatrick on March 02, 2016, 01:50:44 PM
Thinking 319, this morning I saw one, in London Midland livery, coming over the level crossing at North Watford halt on the Abbey Flier line.  I live less than 10 minutes walk from it and had not noticed they were no longer using the 321s on that service.  So perhaps i could justify one to complement the 350 I bough as a memorial to some 35 years commuting Watford to Euston!

Someone linked to a video of the LM livery set working the St. Albans branch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmIpUBtpSqQ&feature=youtu.be

A plain white liveried one turns up in some of the videos too.

So who will commission the LM livery?
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Adam1701D

I suspect the LM livery appeared a little too recently to fit into Bachmann's plans but I agree it would make a lovely commission to accompany the forthcoming Revolution 321, Pendolino, Farish 350 and Electra 323.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Portpatrick

Quote from: captainelectra on March 02, 2016, 02:06:23 PM
I suspect the LM livery appeared a little too recently to fit into Bachmann's plans but I agree it would make a lovely commission to accompany the forthcoming Revolution 321, Pendolino, Farish 350 and Electra 323.

Over to you for some nice overlays, Adam!!?

GrahamB

Quote from: talisman56 on March 02, 2016, 08:26:57 AM
Why couldn't they have done that with the older 2EPB instead of, or even together with, the brand new tooling 319, which doesn't 'go' with the existing EMU stock available from the same stable (4CEP)? I could have a few 2EPBs, and even try bashing a pair into a 4EPB...
I agree. An EPB would have made good sense. Even a refurbished 4 CEP. But a 319?
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

BramptonBranch

Will the RTC livery class 24 be just a continuation of the Modelzone ltd edition or something "new"?
You can never have to many Warships!

SD35

Quote from: BramptonBranch on March 02, 2016, 09:27:41 PM
Will the RTC livery class 24 be just a continuation of the Modelzone ltd edition or something "new"?

It looks like a weathered version of the original with the painted name.

Adam1701D

The 319 is probably the best choice of 2nd Generation EMUs due to its go-anywhere nature and is a welcome, if surprising release. I'm really surprised that a 2-EPB or other SR Slammer hasn't appeared to follow up the CEP, which has been a success.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations