Fowler 0-4-4 Thank engine

Started by Celtic, December 07, 2019, 10:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic

Hi all - no idea where to post this so am starting here; if I'm barking up the wrong tree, please can someone redirect me?

I am wondering if there is an 0-4-4 model available. I can't find one in N gauge at all; OO yes, but not N. I'm prepared to try buold9ng a kit, but scratch is beyond me at the moment.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful. Without one, my preferred layout and era are somewhat stuffed.

Thanks in advance.

Hugh

PeteW

Dapol did an M7 0-4-4 - there are a couple on eBay at the moment.

tunneroner61

I don't think there is a kit for such a Fowler tank available per se.

Dapol do a M7 Southern tank. You could try Shapeways to see if there is a 3D printed body for the Fowler that would fit the Dapol chassis.

HTH Norman

Celtic

Thanks chaps - I'll try ebay & Shapeways.

(Also must correct myself - it's a Johnson 0-4-4 I'm looking for).

H

Capri_sam

You can buy a lot of suitable parts to convert the M7 into a passable 1P from n brass parts, alongside some filing, filling and plasticard (particularly around the cab and bunker, and front splashes if I remember correctly) - I've had one on and off the workbench for a couple of years and whilst the resulting loco is a little over scale it looks ok from a distance.

Celtic

Stairways $855.00. Maybe I'll go with running whatever locos I want, can etc.... Or have a go at it myself. I mean, what's the worst that could happen...

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations