RevoloutioN REGENT class B tanks

Started by exmouthcraig, January 13, 2019, 10:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exmouthcraig

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Only tonight have we found information relating to the Regent oil refinery cattedown Plymouth and REGENT branded class B tanks.

Unfortunately finding out certain stuff made by farish is a nightmare to track down yet probably THE BEST tanks on the market in the livery WE need and im not going to get them  :'(

@red_death  @Ben A what on earth are the possibilities of me finding, I dont know say 15 to 20 of these? Are there ANY at all in the world???

I'm happy to bankrupt myself to get them, or at least persuade dad to blow a bit out of his pension bucket.

I wish we knew this 18months ago, if be sitting very smug knowing id got my rake ready to run

Does ANYONE have any info relating to some that might be available???

njee20

exmouthcraig

Bob G

ESSO fuel oil was also shipped by Crompton to Devonport from Fawley in B tanks, but presumably after Regent's facility closed, perhaps?

Do you know what routes the Regent oil took?

njee20

Quote from: exmouthcraig on January 14, 2019, 07:06:27 AM
Not that I can find on there

Not right now, but that's going to be your best source. A triple pack sold before Christmas.

Steven B

Have you contacted Ben and Mike direct?

They had some Class B's left at the start of the year - maybe they still have some?

http://www.revolutiontrains.com/extra-pendolino-sets-and-spare-class-b-tanks-for-sale-10am-2-january/

PLD

Quote from: Steven B on January 14, 2019, 09:06:22 AM
Have you contacted Ben and Mike direct?

They had some Class B's left at the start of the year - maybe they still have some?

http://www.revolutiontrains.com/extra-pendolino-sets-and-spare-class-b-tanks-for-sale-10am-2-january/

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/product/35t-class-b-tank-wagon/
Only one Esso and a couple of unbranded singles plus a few Texaco triple packs now left...

red_death

All we have left is on the website except for a few remaining spares/rejects etc.  I've just put up some more Esso triples as I'd forgotten that Ben also had a box with some in, no Regents unless I've got one or two in my cupboard. No chance that we will have 15-20 and all our stockists have sold out.

We weren't exactly shy about advertising these tanks over the last 18 months!

Cheers Mike

exmouthcraig

Indeed you weren't Mike, the only problem was us finding info relating to them. Up until last night we had no idea they ran over our area of metals so whilst we admired them we never knew we needed them  :veryangry:

Any plans to release the Class A tanks yet??

red_death

No plans to release the Class A tanks at the moment though I'm sure we will do them (and re-run some of the Class Bs at the same time possibly though Regent is unlikely as it wasn't one of the most popular choices I'm afraid).

Cheers, Mike

gram

edited - problem solved

exmouthcraig

Quote from: Bob G on January 14, 2019, 07:55:26 AM
ESSO fuel oil was also shipped by Crompton to Devonport from Fawley in B tanks, but presumably after Regent's facility closed, perhaps?

Do you know what routes the Regent oil took?

Our knowledge is that Regent refinery/store was at Cattedown, rakes were humped upto Plymouth Friary where they were worked across LSWR metals to exmouth junction sometimes via stops at Exeter riverside.

30 was the maximum in a rake due to 420 tonne weight limit at Torrington station

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations