Thankyou for all the help and advice.

Started by petercharlesfagg, October 12, 2014, 12:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercharlesfagg

Friends,

It just goes to show how great people can be in helping others.

As you are aware I have been trying to purchase an HST locomotive and I am overwhelmed with the offers, the advice and the general camaraderie amongst our members.

So to Paul (especially), Alan (Dr. Al), RussellH and Robert Shrives, a real thank you for being patient even though it all came to naught!

I have decided to shelve the idea of the specific loco but would like to acquire one that was used with the HST coaches but not specifically the HST locomotive.

I think (I may be corrected) that possibly the Class 47 may have been drafted in from time to time, but I may be wrong?

Warmest regards to all, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Dr Al

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on October 12, 2014, 12:11:35 PM
I think (I may be corrected) that possibly the Class 47 may have been drafted in from time to time, but I may be wrong?

The buffered versions of the Mk3 stock have been hauled by many different locos, including class 47s.

For example, this Virgin set:

http://sulzerpower.com/147810llanfairfechan090904_1D87_andywilliams.jpg

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations