Starting Youtube Channel Help

Started by Denemarken, October 08, 2014, 06:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denemarken

Hi all, I've decided to start a Youtube channel to record the building of my TMD layout. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice where to start do I begin with the building the baseboard or just the track laying and modelling side of things?

I would like to do other video's like kit builds as a newbie and reviews too. Like a first look sort of thing. Not sure how often I would be able to do videos at best possibly once a week on my day off or something like that

So many idea and questions, Thanks for reading  :beers:
Ready To Learn & Thank You For The Warm Welcome

Malc

I agree with Only Me, but you need some idea of what you want to build to determine the size of your baseboard.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Only Me on October 08, 2014, 09:11:27 PM
I think its definitely good practice to build a baseboard before trying to lay any track 😜

:laughabovepost:

Now, being serious, there are loads of YouTube vids specifically about building baseboards, laying track etc but if I were you I'd video every stage of your layout as it happens. Keep it short & snappy so as not to bore the arpants off everyone. You could always film different stages and edit them before posting them as one 'update'.
To test how people react to your vids you could maybe post one to Photobucket* and then from there to here and ask for opinions.
One day it will be great for you to look back on it/use it for reference.

* other hosts are available

Agrippa

With YouTube the trick is to keep things moving, like the movies otherwise you might as well post a series
of stills on the forum. A few days ago I watched  a Youtube  review of the Farish train set with the Deltic loco
and some coaches. It lasted about 12 minutes, much of the video included a closeup of the box showing the
contents inside. After about 9 minutes of waffle the train finally made it to the tracks.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Denemarken

Thanks for the help guys, Guess we'll see if im monotone lol. Its a small layout only 3x1 baseboard has arrived from Model Railway Solutions. Think I'll skip that bit and go from laying track and go from there. If theres any advice you think I need just comment on yhe channel currently getting it set up.

Definatley from comments already keep videos shortish and not drone on for hours ;)

Thanks again  :beers:

Chris
Ready To Learn & Thank You For The Warm Welcome

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations