Fancy a Traverser?

Started by trainsdownunder, October 04, 2014, 02:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainsdownunder

I'm sure there is a link somewhere on here for this topic but can't find it at present.

Anyway video footage showing what I'm sure many of us would love to have for a layouts - space permitting !

This is all controlled by a single PIC. There are more videos listed to see more of the layout. Shame about the awful music !

http://youtu.be/IH37Bj4QqWM

Malc

Been on the MERG forum again Col?  I spotted this as well. It is a wonderful bit of kit, but the video is a bit slow.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daveg

Thanks for the link. Amazing stuff but how many of us could achieve (or afford) such incredible metal and electrical/electronic work?

Not me that's for sure! I'm excited when/if I get a whole loop of track running!

There are many impressive contributors to this great forum that I and others would love to emulate, whether that is loco building, kit bashing or scene makers.  I won't do a list but you should know who you are.  ;)

Inspiring - that's for sure.  :thumbsup:

Dave G

Newportnobby

I believe Tank's layout has a traverser with around 18 lines on it.

Malc

Has Tank got his motorised yet?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Geoff

One expensive piece of kit, and the room needed just for the traverser is probably bigger than my layout room, it does take me back 20 years when I worked for a company that made robotic automation, it looks like the same equipment and sensors have gone into it.
Geoff

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on October 04, 2014, 01:36:28 PM
Has Tank got his motorised yet?

No idea, Malc. :confused2:
I think he's too busy playing with his 5" stuff (oo-er, readers) :-X

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP