Dapol Class 58 lighting problem

Started by REFaust, September 25, 2011, 08:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REFaust

Hi All

Just ran the Coal Sector Class 58 I bought from the Dapol stand at TINGS and have a lighting issue :(

It's running with both light clusters showing the same..one direction both sets of forward lights, in the other both sets of red rear lights. I've identified the problem end but it doesn't seem possible to invert the plug so it has to go back.

Have left a message on the Dapol facebook page, will await a response.

Seems I'm fated to be unlucky with Dapol locos. My Britannia is still with them being repaired, though my other 58 in Railfreight and the Class 153 are fine.

R E Faust

:Class31: :NGFWagonTour:

MJKERR

I've had this same issue with several other of my DCC locos which suggests the electronics are fragile and fail
I seem to have all kinds of combinations
None, one, two, or three white lights
None, one or two red lights
Both white and red lights

Looks like I will shortly be canabalising or repairing some models, I've already had to replace two BachFar Class 66 PCB (as the unit comes complete)

Guy

I've had a similar problem with the Farish Bachmann 57s. I've hard wired DCC Chipped all three and after some running, all three work fine in one direction (both sets of lights) and have failed in the other direction, i.e. intermittent to no lights.
This has applied to the Virgin, the FGW and the Freightliner versions.
One of my 2 108s has had a similar failure, fine in one direction, lousy in the other.  :thumbsdown:

REFaust

Well I sent a message to Joel via the Dapol Facebook page and he asked me to email him. I did and he sent me instructions on how to return the faulty Class 58 to them (via Freepost).

This morning (about 5 days after dispatching the original) I received a replacement. Very good service and MUCH better than my experience with the faulty brit, which I'm still waiting to get back. Very happy with how this has been handled  :thumbsup:

Will run the replacement around the test track this evening but the experience seems to indicate that the Facebook page may be the most effective way to have issues sorted out quickly. BTW just to reiterate I bought the faulty one direct from Dapol at TINGS, not through a retailer :)

R E Faust

:Class31: :Carriage:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations