The Adventures of Globibahn

Started by Globibahn, January 17, 2021, 09:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe cassidy

Globibahn

Quote from: Jim Easterbrook on March 24, 2022, 04:43:17 PM

Totally unrealistic scenery that would never pass muster as a model.

Agreed - I think it needs more PVA! :laughabovepost:

Interesting, no doubt I will also get a chance to visit the same location.

Globibahn

Seen several of these jolly little IFA lorries around.

Think they would make an ideal first lorry? :smiley-laughing:

joe cassidy

Made under licence from Tonka Toys ?

Globibahn

Had a little rail excursion to Bad Schandau today - situated on the Elbe, right on the Czech border.

I took the train from Neustadt Sachs to Pirna, then the S-Bahn Pirna to Bad Schandau along the Elbe. Bad Schandau is an interesting station with some freight activity going on, S-Bahn activity and the CD EC from Prague to Hamburg via Dresden actually makes a flying stop here.

Returning home I took the little DMU from Bad Schandau to Sebnitz, where I changed for another regional train to Neustadt Sachs. This return route was extremely pretty in terms of countrside, with gorges, streams and woodlands.

The EC pulling in at the platform.

Interesting to see Czech script on a DB DMU.

Indeed, is "my life not yours!!" :D

I know there are those on this forum who can interpret evey single bit of this information.... ;D

mika

Thanks, Matt.
Looks like you're having a great time.

When my wife and I returned from Prague a few (or more) years ago, our loco (Czech class 372, for those taking notes) broke down in Bad Schandau. We had to be rescued by a 101 which had to be brought in from Dresden. As this took some time, we could have taken a good look at the surroundings of the station, had it not been night... :doh:
Funny thing is that the the 101 then pulled the 372 and the train to Dresden, where the Czech loco had to be shunted out, which resulted in being even later.  :goggleeyes:
Anyway, it's a nice part of the country.

Best,
Michael

Globibahn

Quote from: mika on March 28, 2022, 04:56:17 PM
Thanks, Matt.
Looks like you're having a great time.

Best,
Michael

Cheers Mika.

LOL, I probably wouldn't recommend Bad Schandau station as being Europe's top night-life spot to visit!!! :worried:

Globibahn

I got up bright and early and caught the train to Dresden this morning, as I wanted to check out a yoga studio in the city, which turned out to be very good!

Passing through the HB, I was delighted to see my favourite passenger train, namely a CD Railjet. This one comes from Graz and travels via Prague and Dresden to Berlin. A journey I will need to be making making on board of one!! :angel:

It's actually notable, that I haven't yet seen much in the way of 101-hauled DB ICs. Or even ICEs for that matter. There is a stadler-type IC2 at the HB quite regularly, can't remember where it goes though.

Hiawatha

And, again, the Taurus is coupled with the wrong end to the coaches. :veryangry:
Peter

Globibahn

Quote from: Hiawatha on March 29, 2022, 05:06:08 PM
And, again, the Taurus is coupled with the wrong end to the coaches. :veryangry:

Oh, I did not know about this! :-[

Jim Easterbrook

Quote from: Globibahn on March 29, 2022, 05:09:56 PM

Oh, I did not know about this! :-[

A quick Google image search suggests it happens about half the time, as you'd expect.
Jim Easterbrook
"I'm an engineer, not an artist!"
"Amoro, emptio, utiliso!"
Personal website. / Photos on Flickr. / Blog.

Hiawatha

This is hurting my eyes almost every day. ;)  I have commented about it earlier elsewhere:

Quote from: Hiawatha on September 13, 2021, 08:35:45 AM
Quote from: Gordon on September 13, 2021, 12:26:22 AM

And, as is almost always the case, the locomotive is coupled the wrong way around to the coaches. :veryangry:

If you order locomotives with an asymmetric livery then make sure that it is coupled correctly. And if this is not operationally possible – then, dear ÖBB, only order locomotives with a symmetric livery. ::)
Peter

Dave_K

Just a failing of real world design. If someone had stopped for a moment to think about it...

Globibahn

Crumbs, you are quite right! How did I never notice that! :thumbsup:

Hiawatha

QuoteA quick Google image search suggests it happens about half the time, as you'd expect.

No, it happens about 80% of the time. These are fixed rakes, so they should try to have them turned around correctly or bin the asymmetric livery (like the CD did with their non-railjet Tauruses).

https://www.elektrolok.de/news/news.php?news_id=7825
Peter

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations