Sonic announce Newton Chambers TCV Anglo-Scottish Car Carriers in N gauge!

Started by NGS-PO, April 27, 2023, 11:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGS-PO

If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

NGS-PO

If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

AndyRA

Oh well, it had to happen. My scratchbuilt TCV of four years back now about to make it onto the RTR scene. However, I don't think I'll be replacing it. I only needed the one for the Euston to Perth service. :D

If it looks difficult it probably is, but might as well get on with it anyway!

Layout :- West Coast (Southern Section)
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=2531;u=5731

Full story and pics at:-
https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastSouthernSection/

joe cassidy

Will those who put this at the top of their wish list please step forward.

I hope that Sonic did not spend too much on market research before launching this project ?

Bob G

Quote from: joe cassidy on April 27, 2023, 08:56:54 PM
Will those who put this at the top of their wish list please step forward.

I hope that Sonic did not spend too much on market research before launching this project ?
I sense a note of sarcasm. But you are right only 14 of these were ever built. Two rakes worth plus spares.
But there are two manufacturers making GWR Loriots and only two of those were ever built. Madness in my view.
Bob

joe cassidy

The market is so unpredictable.

All credit to those manufacturers who take a flier on an exotic prototype, especially Farish with their SECR C class 0-6-0.

My green C class is my favourite small loco and I'm looking forward to my pre-ordered SECR wagons.

Flange Squeal

NGS-PO

Quote from: martyn on April 27, 2023, 09:24:47 PM
Quote from: NGS-PO on April 27, 2023, 06:38:31 PM
Bingo!

Evidence of SouthWestern service TCVs

https://content-eu.invisioncic.com/y320084/monthly_2022_11/C877A307-AA2F-4E84-A8BA-D0193865131F.jpeg.7d23ce3936b02f4adae95fddd45de624.jpeg

The Rails announcement says that these later worked to the West of England. But well done for finding evidence.

Martyn

To a North-East Rivieran like myself, Newton Abbot is the West of England...😬

Best

Scott

NGS-PO

Quote from: Bob G on April 27, 2023, 04:54:19 PM
Quote from: NGS-PO on April 27, 2023, 12:25:14 PM
Quote from: Bob G on April 27, 2023, 12:14:56 PM
I wonder if Sam at Sonic had sight of the Heljan OO designs at all?

Heljan are making them for Rails in OO so I assume they (Rails) are commissioning Sonic to make an N version.

Ignore me, I thought the Heljan OO were a rails exclusive but it appears not. I'm not sure where I got that from then.

I thought you had inside knowledge...

Bob

No, sorry again, clearly not thinking straight!

Best

Scott.

NGS-PO

Steven B

Quote from: Bob G on April 27, 2023, 09:09:09 PM
But you are right only 14 of these were ever built. Two rakes worth plus spares.
But there are two manufacturers making GWR Loriots and only two of those were ever built. Madness in my view.
Bob

Small numbers don't stop models getting produced:
prototype Deltic (1)
Mk1 Pullman Bar (1) (The most common Mk1 Pullman (PSP) only managed a build of 15)
KUA flask wagon (2)
Mk1 RFO (11)
Class 28 (20)
Production Deltic (22)
Class 14 (26)

The Newton Chambers car carriers at least have the advantage that they look rather different to other bogie NPCCS. They'll be much more noticeable than a Mk1 GUV for example

Hopefully it'll do well for Sonic & Rails and it'll lead to more in the future.

Steven B

tunneroner61

To be pedantic there were 56 Class14s built. The initial order was for just 26.

Norman

Bob G

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £5.67
Below Goal: £94.33
Site Currency: GBP
 6%
May Donations