There's lots of locomotives still didn't released for n gauge...

Started by Le Night ferry, July 07, 2023, 04:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Night ferry

Since n gauge marketplace is growing, lots of locomotives are made into n gauge.
But some of them are not in n gauge(excluding 3d printing/brass model/kits/Del prado).
Which locomotive/railcar do you want to see as n gauge?
It could be LNER P2, GWR's Great Bear, LMS Patriot, SR's King Arthur or Lore Nelson.
Maybe SNCF's steamers(Hornby, please make Jouef sell n gauge!!) or Italian, Eastern European and Russian locomotive.
I've seen some Australian n gauge models, but for steam it is scarce...
Or maybe new version of old models, like Grafar's Rebuilt Merchant Navy or Con-Cor's American locomotive(They were made by Kato. Hope to Kato make sime of them after Big Boy).
Wow, still many locos want to be n gauge!
Wow, still many l

Dorsetmike

Any SR 4-6-0 as I've said many times on this forum and others
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Le Night ferry

Quote from: Dorsetmike on July 07, 2023, 04:40:10 PM
Any SR 4-6-0 as I've said many times on this forum and others

It's quite surprising that still no sr 4-6-0 fo Dapol or Farish...

Newportnobby

As I'm not really physically able to build stuff myself I'd love to have a RTR 'Lion', 'Falcon' and 'Kestrel' but I just can't see such prototypes being reproduced. I'll be OK steam wise when/if the Bulleid light pacifics and GWR Mogul happen

Chris Morris

That's easy
GWR King
GWR County
GWR Mogul ( this is a surprising omission from current range as it was the most numerous GWR tender loco and could be seen on almost any type of train)
GWR 94xx
GWR 47xx - an excellent loco for passenger trains on a summer Saturday, perhaps not so useful as a "night owl" freight loco.

And now Union Mills have stopped
GWR Dukedog
GWR City of Truro
GWR 2251

Oh, and a 45/46
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Le Night ferry on July 07, 2023, 04:25:37 PM
Maybe SNCF's steamers(Hornby, please make Jouef sell n gauge!!) or Italian, Eastern European and Russian locomotive.

Hornby own the Arnold N gauge range which includes French, Italian, German and other European types.  They have DR (former East-German) models.

A lot of Russian stuff would be broad gauge, so a bit of a compromise to make at 1:160 on 9mm track.  Some of the old 1970s Piko models (very cheap and simple) represented broad gauge stock I think.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Le Night ferry

Quote from: ntpntpntp on July 07, 2023, 06:07:21 PM
Quote from: Le Night ferry on July 07, 2023, 04:25:37 PM

Hornby own the Arnold N gauge range which includes French, Italian, German and other European types.  They have DR (former East-German) models.

A lot of Russian stuff would be broad gauge, so a bit of a compromise to make at 1:160 on 9mm track.  Some of the old 1970s Piko models (very cheap and simple) represented broad gauge stock I think.

Arnold released 141r and hope to make more sncf steams.
Piko-Although they are toyrish, they covered lots of Eastern European trains. Waiting for making east european trains...

mika

Quote from: Le Night ferry on July 08, 2023, 01:18:45 AM
Piko-Although they are toyrish, they covered lots of Eastern European trains. Waiting for making east european trains...

Be careful here. Modern Piko locomotives are of very good quality and have nothing to do with those from GDR times, which were products of their time.
But then, modern Piko does not offer Eastern European trains.
Fleischmann had a RZD M62: https://www.fleischmann.de/fen/products/locomotives/diesel-locomotives/725276-diesel-locomotive-m62-rzd.html
and Kühn had the C(S)D class 372 locos: https://www.elriwa.de/Kuehn-95012-E-Lok-Rh372-Knoedelpresse-CD-Ep.V/A163859

These are, admittedly, all locos which had German equivalents and would therefore sell on this quite large market.
I am surprised that neither Minitrix nor Arnold have released a Russian ICE3 variant (Sapsan). But I don't see that coming in the foreseeable future.

Best
Michael

jmupton2000

Class 25/3 would seem the obvious one in BR Diesels, Farish have the appropriate modern chassis under their Class 24 and earlier body style 25 but still insist on pumping out the ancient Poole Era tooling 25/3 for some reason.

Adam1701D

Dapol have the GWR Mogul and Battle of Britain underway, as well as quite a few bits not yet ready to announce.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

mrobs2002

Quote from: Adam1701D on July 11, 2023, 04:37:11 PM
Dapol have the . . . Battle of Britain underway . . .
Aye, what is it now? 11 years since being announced?

Bob G

Quote from: jmupton2000 on July 11, 2023, 04:12:07 PM
Class 25/3 would seem the obvious one in BR Diesels, Farish have the appropriate modern chassis under their Class 24 and earlier body style 25 but still insist on pumping out the ancient Poole Era tooling 25/3 for some reason.

Before Covid, at TINGS, someone from Farish said they were milking the 24 and 25/0 and 25/1 body shapes as most punters wouldn't know the difference. But if someone came along and suggested they might do a 25/3, Farish would dust off the design and get a new body out before the competition.

Now I don't believe that Farish know how to jump far enough to do that, given their delays on re-releasing much needed Mk 1 coaches, but their apparent disdain for the punters of this world did surprise me. Most small boys and girls who are into trains would know the difference, and that knowledge is retained until we drop dead.

I too would like a 25/3 to modern standards.

Bob

Dorsetmike

I still think that no Southern 4-6-0 is the most glaring omission. How many here would buy one - or more?
There are enough 4-6-0s for the other companies, so surely there must be some suitable chassis in terms of wheel diameters and spacings and valve gear.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Adam1701D

Quote from: mrobs2002 on July 11, 2023, 05:20:23 PM
I understand the frustration from both the Dapol and N Gauge modeller perspective. I do not want to say too much until we actually have something physical to show but what I have seen so far looks amazing.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Bob G

Quote from: Adam1701D on July 11, 2023, 05:34:24 PM
Quote from: mrobs2002 on July 11, 2023, 05:20:23 PM
I understand the frustration from both the Dapol and N Gauge modeller perspective. I do not want to say too much until we actually have something physical to show but what I have seen so far looks amazing.

I can guarantee that if @Hailstone has built a kit of it, then it will come to fruition!

Bob

PS can you persuade Joel to release the High-Window Maunsells in BR(S) Green and in Crimson-Cream? You can't go around "punishing" your southern client base for not buying the least marketable livery that you decided to launch the model in by not releasing any more in the more sellable liveries (oh and don't bring up the original maroon Gresley issue. The reason we didn't buy them is that the bogie spacings were hideously wrong, not because they were not wanted).

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations