The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Quote from: class37025 on October 29, 2021, 05:37:45 PM

probably because both armies still stuck in the queue for the drive through  :D

Can you imagine the queue? Even the (neutral) Irish Army has over 7000 personnel!
Having said that, did I not see similar sorts of queues in the UK a few weeks ago?
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

NOT for Macdonalds, I'm sure  >:D

isn't a 'neutral' army a contradiction in terms, a bit like 'peacekeepers' with .50 cals on their apcs ?

mind you, a .50 is a real peace keeper in the right circumstances  :hmmm:

Flange Squeal

The real peace keeper is of course vodka. A booze retailed so cheaply it keeps vast masses of socially perturbed civilians suitably sozzled until it's time to go back to work.

guest311

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 29, 2021, 11:18:36 AM
Quote from: Flange Squeal on October 29, 2021, 10:33:53 AM
Maybe NATO should combine forces to operate a multi-national chain of drive-thru coffee restaurants. Something akin to Costa or Starbucks.

:sick:

don't tell John @Trainfish that, he thinks I am treating him when I buy him one, before relieving him of funds for kit he doesn't want or need.  >:D

mind you, they charge me 5p for a cardboard cup for my coffee which I then chuck in the bin [the cup not the coffee].

wonder if they would give me my coffee in my Greggs reuseable mug if I took it in, and without the surcharge  :hmmm:

Newportnobby

Quote from: class37025 on October 29, 2021, 05:26:25 PM
what would my number be then, Mick @Newportnobby ?
would scale go up to three numbers  :-[

No, I think 11 should be the max. After that, the sin bin (you know the way >:D)

Newportnobby

Having ordered my favourite railway calendar for next year I was informed delivery by Royal Fail would be Saturday. Needless to say it arrived yesterday while I was out and the card through my door showed 'Side of house behind drain pipe'.
Sure enough, there it was out in the open with a forecast of pissistent rail all day. Luckily we'd only had a few drops of rain before I found it or it could have been wrecked.
The neighbours both sides were in all day ::)

Malc

At least it wasn't on the roof, Mick.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on October 29, 2021, 09:37:05 PM
At least it wasn't on the roof, Mick.

True, Malc. I live in a bungalow in case I get anything delivered by Yodel :D

lil chris

I put my Roland Piano up for sale on FB market place last night. Within mins I had a so called buyer, he did not tell me where he was and his English was suspect. He agreed the price and said because he was working he could not collect and he would send UPS with the money in a envelope, they would collect the keyboard. I got suspicious when he did not seem bothered the piano is not in a box. Next I get a message from alledgedly  UPS saying the buyer is paying me £100 more than the selling price, you guessed it they want the £100 up front for insurance, not falling for that one so cancelled. So my time wasted plus FB cancelled my ad saying they wanted  me to prove who I am for security, so not very happy.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

thebrighton

Yodel update now they've actually acknowledged they have both parcels. Both say that at 8.09am they were being loaded and at 12.06 were out for delivery, both with Dave. Great news but just wondering why one says estimated delivery date is today and one is tomorrow. I may have to ask Dave when/if he arrives.

stevewalker

Recently I commented on how my eldest son had difficulty getting his Covid-19 jabs (just under 18, eligible at 17-3/4, but impossible to book in anywhere until 18 and so unable to get his second jab in time for going to university.

Then my middle son was missed out from his jab at school (just turned 16, so 95+ % of his year were vaccinated, but not those that had already turned 16 and I had to take unpaid time off to take him to a walk-in centre).

Before half-term, they were vaccinating my youngest son's year. They asked parents to sign for it before-hand, although it would also be offered to those that had not signed, if the child wanted it. They should therefore have had a good idea of numbers - especially if they vaccinated those that had signed first and then offered it to the rest - but they ran out, even though he had a booked time for an appointment.

They set a new date of today for those that had not been able to get it last time. Again they had run out by his appointment time. We have now been told to take him to a walk-in centre. Most will not take under 16s and so the choice is limited and will involve some travel. We can only access them during my work hours or on Sunday ... but I will be away on Sunday. So it looks like another unpaid afternoon off :(

Just to add to it, I will be eligible for a booster from 2nd December, but it is impossible to now book ahead for it ... as the system won't let me make a booking until I have actually reached that date, so I may then only be able to get an appointment for a week or two later.

Why are they so  :censored: disorganised!!!??? There is clearly no joined up thinking about the whole thing.

Malc

Took my wife to get her 3rd shot (I had mine 6weeks ago). We made an appointment for 11:30 today. Of course they announced that anyone can get one so the queue at the centre was huge. No notice was taken of pre-bookings. PIA.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Yes, that sort of thing happens here, too. Bloody annoying.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

The Q

the government may have announced that walk in jabs are available...
But not here in Norfolk the aren't.. the authorities weren't ready for the announcement and the first two such places will open on Monday.. for an area of 2047 square miles...

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations