The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam1701D

Terry Pratchett once wrote that if there is an afterlife, then he hopes pets will be allowed.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

grumbeast

Not as serious as some of the posts.

But our stupid city council here has decided that cats can no longer be allowed outside except on a leash (try training a cat to this when they're not a kitten!), so I have to listen to my poor little Jellycat cry and mewl to be let outside into the sunshine after a long winter.   She doesn't understand my explanations about these idiots and being a law abiding citizen I'm not inclined to break the law (all it would need is a nimby neighbor complaining).  All she wants to do is lie in the sun and jump around in the grass.   All this when we had a Cougar sighting not 100m from the house.. I think we have bigger Cat problems than my little black cat!!

With apologies to Dog owners here, but they seem to be the only *proper* pet for the authorities, there are dog walking parks, off leash areas (not for cats) concessions made, reporting required if you hit one etc etc, not to mention the fact that many (not all to be sure, but enough) dog walkers seem to think that you are ok with their barely contained 'Children' coming over and bothering you, sniffing everything, jumping around you etc etc.

Sorry, nothing against Dogs per se, but I'm getting really sick of this.   Time to go and try and build an outside 'Catio' under the deck so Jelly can get some fresh air at least

chrism

Quote from: grumbeast on April 07, 2021, 05:46:12 PM
Not as serious as some of the posts.

But our stupid city council here has decided that cats can no longer be allowed outside except on a leash (try training a cat to this when they're not a kitten!), so I have to listen to my poor little Jellycat cry and mewl to be let outside into the sunshine after a long winter.   She doesn't understand my explanations about these idiots and being a law abiding citizen I'm not inclined to break the law (all it would need is a nimby neighbor complaining).  All she wants to do is lie in the sun and jump around in the grass.   All this when we had a Cougar sighting not 100m from the house.. I think we have bigger Cat problems than my little black cat!!

Methinks your council is completely Dagenham East.

guest311

it's not the dogs that are the problem.....

it's the Idiot Dog Owners ....

I'd put a few down to encourage more responsibility from the rest...#
with a combat shot gun

but then, I'm a grumpy old  :censored:

dannyboy

@grumbeast
Well, I have read the post a number of times and it still seems to be saying that cats must be on a lead whilst out. Ridiculous! ???. I think @Only Me is correct.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

chrism

According to,
https://www.nanaimobulletin.com/news/nanaimo-councillors-vote-to-recommend-bylaw-that-would-keep-cats-from-roaming/

it would appear that the byelaw is more aimed at giving the council powers to more appropriately deal with problems as and when they occur than forcing resident to keep Tiddles indoors all the time.

However, I'll stick with Dagenham East

grumbeast

Quote from: chrism on April 07, 2021, 06:39:07 PM
According to,
https://www.nanaimobulletin.com/news/nanaimo-councillors-vote-to-recommend-bylaw-that-would-keep-cats-from-roaming/

it would appear that the byelaw is more aimed at giving the council powers to more appropriately deal with problems as and when they occur than forcing resident to keep Tiddles indoors all the time.

However, I'll stick with Dagenham East

Thats what I though initially, but from the councils Q&A we get this

Under the proposed bylaw, cats may be outdoors, however, they are not allowed to roam onto other people's properties. A couple of ways you can keep your cat outside and on your property is to keep them leashed or get a cat run or "catio".

Ever seen a cat on a leash?  Doesnt work.  Locally this is all down to a couple of Councillors who are real Nimbys.  This seems to be a thing in BC, with single councillors with an axe to grind seem to get their way. 

Newportnobby

Sadly I fear your lunatics have taken over the asylum ::)

Fardap

I believe cats in the UK are still classified wild so you cannot be held responsible for their actions, unlike a dog.

Seems madness in the extreme but I wonder where it all started... A local council member annoyed at cats in their garden?

railsquid

Quote from: grumbeast on April 07, 2021, 08:47:51 PM
Ever seen a cat on a leash?  Doesnt work.

Occasionally I see someone taking their cat for a walk on a leash in the general neighbourhood of Chez Railsquid, and it's not the first time I've seen a cat on a leash either, so it can work, but from general experience with cats those are outliers and yeah, as a general solution it's unviable.

chrism

Quote from: railsquid on April 08, 2021, 02:35:56 AM
Quote from: grumbeast on April 07, 2021, 08:47:51 PM
Ever seen a cat on a leash?  Doesnt work.

Occasionally I see someone taking their cat for a walk on a leash in the general neighbourhood of Chez Railsquid, and it's not the first time I've seen a cat on a leash either, so it can work, but from general experience with cats those are outliers and yeah, as a general solution it's unviable.

I've never seen a cat on a leash but when I worked at the Watercress Line some people halfway up Station Road, Ropley, bred polecats and often walked them up the hill and through the yard.

Cats on leashes reminds me of Jasper Carrott's jokes about why they don't have guide cats for the blind  ;D

Newportnobby

Maybe if cats were kept on leashes the Post Office tower would have survived it's destruction

Newportnobby

Just had an automated call from HMRC telling me they have an arrest warrant out for me.
Bring it on, I say. They'll never take me alive and I'll take a few of them with me :D

TrevL

Had one of those myself this morning Mick, came from a Liverpool number (0151), number now blocked.
I suppose it only takes a very small minority to fall for it to make it worth their while.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 08, 2021, 03:05:18 PM
Just had an automated call from HMRC telling me they have an arrest warrant out for me.

That's what you get for posting videos of poor puddy cats!  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations