The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprintex

Can't complain too much Bob if it's 19 years old and only just failed, especially for a Fiat ;)

Clare's Fiesta is only 15 years old and she spent £200 on welding for the MoT, plus a new windscreen (excess only - £50), and bought a new battery for the winter at £90. Two weeks ago it threw a tappet and lunched the cylinder head on the A1, beyond economic repair now  :'(

Luckily with us both changing jobs I can drop her off and pick her up for now, and we have a classic car to sell to provide funds for a replacement, but otherwise we'd be stuffed  :worried:

Paul

Bob Tidbury

Sorry to hear of your problems Paul and I hope Clair is Ok things like that can sometimes be nasty ,but also its nice to know I'm not the only one with bad news .and as you say my car was 19 years old and never failed up till now ,as someone who knows about cars if I said it needs a new trailing arm new brake pipes  two new tyres not because of the tread but the side walls on the inside are perished with age so I couldn't see ,,that plus other minor things you will understand it's not economical to get it repaired .
Regards
Bob

steve836

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on November 21, 2016, 02:19:17 PM
Sorry to hear of your problems Paul and I hope Clair is Ok things like that can sometimes be nasty ,but also its nice to know I'm not the only one with bad news .and as you say my car was 19 years old and never failed up till now ,as someone who knows about cars if I said it needs a new trailing arm new brake pipes  two new tyres not because of the tread but the side walls on the inside are perished with age so I couldn't see ,,that plus other minor things you will understand it's not economical to get it repaired .
Regards
Bob

Ignore the tyres, Bob, they are a consumable spare. The brake pipes shouldn't be too expensive, and after 19 years are about due to be replaced, so, really it's down to the trailing arm so I would be inclined to say , better the devil you know. The cost may be slightly more than the car is worth if you wanted to sell, but an otherwise reliable motor is worth hanging on to, and, who knows, it might start to increase in value.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

railsquid

Glad I don't have or need a car (every time I click on that "order" button).

Now, computers... Evil nasty things, grrrr. I really wish I could travel back in time a decade, and cast a spell on the people who decide things, and say "keep it like this and just fix the bugs and make it faster, no new fancy stuff" (and I don't even use Windows...)

Sprintex

Quote from: steve836 on November 21, 2016, 02:48:55 PM
Quote from: Bob Tidbury on November 21, 2016, 02:19:17 PM
Regards
Bob

Ignore the tyres, Bob, they are a consumable spare. The brake pipes shouldn't be too expensive, and after 19 years are about due to be replaced, so, really it's down to the trailing arm so I would be inclined to say , better the devil you know. The cost may be slightly more than the car is worth if you wanted to sell, but an otherwise reliable motor is worth hanging on to, and, who knows, it might start to increase in value.

That's exactly what we thought, hence spending to get it through the MoT. Trouble is there comes a time when you have to consider that what it needs NOW could only be the start of what it might need before the next MoT, and the next . . . ;)

Paul

stevewalker

Well, managed to fix the boiler yesterday and have abandoned attempts to remove the immersion heater - I may try again at the weekend, may try an Essex flange to fit a second heater or may just abandon it and rely on the boiler for now.

Meanwhile, in the middle of last night, our eldest son complained of drips falling on him in bed. Yes, water was dripping from the light fitting! I am hoping that the heavy rain and strong winds drove water up the flat roof, up under the tiles of the pitched roof and then it worked its way back down to the light over a few hours - if its more serious than that, I may just have to go away and cry  :'(

Bob Tidbury

This time Im in the right thread .I am angry.
For some reason my Facebook messenger just won't load all I get is a blank white screen I just hope I havnt lost all the photos of my grandaughter .
Facebook itself is working ok so is everything else .
Has anyone else got a problem ?
Bob

Malc

Was mooching in a Christmas shop in the local shopping centre when I noticed a young kid who was grizling. As I walked by, he stopped crying and started smiling. His dad said "he thinks you are Santa Clause". Just because I have white hair and beard!!
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daveg

Quote from: Malc on November 23, 2016, 12:51:59 PM
Was mooching in a Christmas shop in the local shopping centre when I noticed a young kid who was grizling. As I walked by, he stopped crying and started smiling. His dad said "he thinks you are Santa Clause". Just because I have white hair and beard!!

So it was you that'd 'borrowed' my red jacket!!  :P

Dave G

Malc

It was either that, or the sledge and 8 reindeer parked outside.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daveg

Quote from: Malc on November 23, 2016, 02:08:34 PM
It was either that, or the sledge and 8 reindeer parked outside.

I understand.

Never tried getting a sledge and 8 reindeer through the front door, Always used the back one. It's wider!  ;)

Dave G

dannyboy

Just because I have white hair and beard!!

If you have got white hair and a beard, it's about time you changed your picture!  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: dannyboy on November 23, 2016, 09:26:51 PM

If you have got white hair and a beard, it's about time you changed your picture!  ;)

Says the dog!

However the dog is much better looking , I have seen the real Danny boy...

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on November 23, 2016, 09:26:51 PM

Not possible. That's Malc's winter plumage. ;D

dannyboy

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on November 24, 2016, 12:41:20 PM
I have seen the real Danny boy...

Ouch, so cruel  :'( It was the bacon buttie that made me look like I did, (York visit joke for those that went in October  :)).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations