The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.Carter (BiG-T)

Quote from: lil chris on November 19, 2016, 09:21:54 PM
                                      "It turns out they've stopped selling them  :very angry: "
Has anybody else noticed this with supermarkets. You go every week and buy something and suddenly they do not have what you want, "Oh sir we have stopped selling those" It happens all the time at my local Asda.....  :veryangry:
The other favorite is 'There's no call for them so we have stopped selling them, but we can get them in to order'...... I buy them every week so how can there be no call for them!

Tony C

joe cassidy

Quote from: Bealman on November 19, 2016, 10:03:28 PM
Both my local supermarkets here in Aus have stopped selling those nice little one serve packets of cereal. Can't get 'em anywhere.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune with the bike, Skyline2uk, but as everyone says, at least injuries were not involved.

I'd like to have words with the so and so who knocked my phone off on Friday night. Having lost one down very same loo earlier this year, I took it out of my pocket and put it on the cistern.  Left it there, and when I realised 5 mins later and went back for it.... gone.  :censored:

It has not been handed in, nor does it answer when I ring it. Looks like another new phone - the difference being I have lost all contacts and literally hundreds of photos which were on the SD card. Probably have to get a new number as well, which in itself is a right royal hassle.

Not having much luck with phones this year!  >:(

I there are no embarassing SMS messages in your phone George  :worried:

stevewalker

Quote from: Bealman on November 19, 2016, 11:04:31 PM
That sounds most interesting. How about posting some details in the electronics section, please?

I will do once I get a little further.

I had hoped to do more this weekend, but I seem to have spent most of it rushing around and wasting time.

I went this morning to get a new thermostat for the immersion heater. Got home and found the design had changed (despite the catalogue and website showing the existing design) and the new thermostat won't fit the old immersion ... no-one stocks the old design. Went back for a refund and bought a replacement immersion and a spanner for it. Struggled to get the spanner on the old immersion and in the process the top of the tank "popped" down. Eventually found that the brand new immersion heater spanner is slightly undersized and won't go onto either the old or new immersions! Back out again, another refund. Box spanner alternative not in stock. Went to another shop and got a spanner there. Have been totally unable to shift the old immersion - not helped by the weakness of the tank top where it has "popped" down!

Now very annoyed and frustrated. I will probably give up for now, use a kettle to heat some water in the morning, work a half day and pick up bearings for the boiler fan motor in the afternoon. I don't think I can face another go at the immersion tonight!

daveg

Grief! How frustrating is that?

Hope your blood pressure is returning to normal and that tomorrow you can get things sorted.

Dave G

Malc

Good grief, Steve. A day and a half! Try some WD40 on the threads. Leave it for a while and have another go. Failing that, use a blow torch to heat it up.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

DELETED

Arrg I'm having a bad fortnight with a few things.  There is a jinx on me when I buy something as it's unusual that something doesn't have to go back because it's faulty.

Spent 2 weeks chasing a seller on ebay for a newdual SIM rugged IP rated phone for work -long story but turns out to be a dodgy seller in China, not UK as advertised.  Finally got new phone today from RM depot (open on Sundays!), RM guy hadn't followed protocol which didn't help.  Bought a second SIM card at £10 as am trying to explore anyone better than O2, put both my sims in the phone and it only recognises SIM card slot No 2 whatever SIM is fitted.

Tried a few things -both SIMS OK then looked inside at the card slots in the phone .......SIM card slot number 1 has 3 contacts missing on the PCB.  No wonder it doesn't recognise the SIM.

So 2 ebay cases raised so far and a 3rd reported for seller giving fake information and shipping outwith ebay policy.  This is going to take weeks to resolve I think.  Makes me even more adamant I will NOT knowingly buy (and I stopped selling) anything from outside UK now. It's not worth the hassle these days.  Late del and OK -faulty goods but seller has just lied through their teeth at evey stage and I can't take that.

Rich

Newportnobby

I don't think some companies actually know what customer service is.
My Philips HD Freeview box with hard drive memory has developed an annoying but not unsurmountable problem so I got onto their website and sent them a message detailing the problem. I got a reply stating they were looking into it and I'd get a response from their techies within 4 working days. Did I heck as like :unimpressed: Fired off another message asking whether they could actually count days on their fingers.
Some of my rellies want Trafford Centre vouchers for upcoming birthdays and Christmas so I tried to order 3 birthday type and 3 Christmas type but couldn't find how to do it without placing 2 orders and copping for 2 lots of postage at £5.49 (how the hell does it cost £5.49 to send out 3 vouchers in the post?). There is a live chat facility on their site so I sent a message asking for help. 24 hours later - zilch, nada, nothing - so obviously there is no living person attached to their end. Again, like Philips, I sent them a message to their 'Help' department but again got no reply. In the end I did manage to find a way to do what I wanted to do and at least had to pay just the 1 x £5.49 postage for 6 vouchers.
Before someone asks why I didn't just ring them up - I like to get responses from companies about their products in writing.

dannyboy

Quote from: newportnobby on November 20, 2016, 09:20:50 PM
I like to get responses from companies about their products in writing.

I also like to have something in writing - things can not be disputed if I have it in writing!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bob Tidbury

We havnt got an UNHAPPY THREAD so I will have to post here
My 19 year old Punto has just failed its MOT for the first time on two things ,but there are a lot of advisories on it so I  think its time to say goodbye to it .
I don't use it that often so it will be a lot of expense for it just to sit on the drive we still have Vals car so she will have to lend it to me or take me if I need to go somewhere .
Never mind we will get a refund on the tax and insurance so it's not all bad news.
Bob

NinOz

To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Bob Tidbury

So we have Mick , I must have missed that ,just read the link you and NinOz put so I expect one of the mods will move my post to the correct place .
Bob

Malc

It's more fun if they leave it where it is, Bob.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bob Tidbury

It might be fun to you Malc but not from where I am ,it now means unless Val lends me her car or takes me somewhere I'm now housebound.
There is no way we can afford another car.
Bob

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations