The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calnefoxile

Quote from: talisman56 on August 08, 2016, 11:27:41 AM
Quote from: Mito on August 07, 2016, 10:59:08 PM
The Dutch rider who fell today is OK.

I wouldn't call three fractured bones in the lower back 'OK'...

In comparison to the potential alternative, I think with 3 fractured bones she got off relatively lightly. I saw the footage and my immediate thoughts were that she'd broken her back, the way she hit the edge of that storm drain at that speed  :worried: :worried:

Regards

Neal.

austinbob

Quote from: newportnobby on August 08, 2016, 10:54:48 AM
I tend to agree with you there, Bob, especially when you get both BBC and ITV1 screening the same Euro 2016 footie final, the only difference being the 'pundits/experts'. That one really gets me mad :censored:
Having said that, have the soaps been affected? The main time I tend to notice schedule changes is when I am looking forward to progs about antiques or quiz shows.
The soaps are usually affected, not that I watch them of course!! (at least not more than once a day). Not sure about the quizzes and antique shows, although I have noticed bargain hunt shifts around a bit.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Calnefoxile

It's not just TV, it's the same on the Radio, Take Radio 5, and Radio Five SPORTS Extra.

Now I am a Sports fan, I watch/listen to Cricket, Football, Motor Sport, I cannot stand Tennis and am only mildly interested in The Olympics & Golf, but why oh why do we have to have Live Wimbledon, Golf, Olympics on Radio 5 Live when they have a dedicated channel for sport, the clue is in the name Radio 5 SPORTS extra where the Cricket is, now I know it's only on DAB but surely most people these days have Digital radio in their homes. Just about everyone has Digital TV which includes the Radio Channels!!!

:veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Rant Mode Off

Neal.

Bealman

You get the impression that I don't like Serena Williams, then, Mick?  :P
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Road cycling is dangerous, especially on the most spectacular types of course, and also especially when making descents in the rain. However, I feel the design of the outer edges of the roads used were just not suitable.
Richie Porte - double fracture of shoulder blade
Vincenzo Nibali - broken collar bone
Sergio Henao - pelvis fracture
Annemiek Van Vleuten - 3 fractured vertebrae

Webbo

Remember when we in the west used to get our knickers in knots over the east Europeans using the army as employment for their athletes? Now the Olympics is a professional free for all. If tennis is in, then so should George's friend and idol Serena be accepted with grace. Personally, I find that that the continuous repetition of the same all hacks in the international tennis circuits as boring as canine faeces - the main reason I won't be watching Olympic tennis.

Webbo

Snowwolflair

I think the Olympic Committee know what they are doing.

They are counting on a lousy medal haul for the Russians.

I am also convinced they are going to test the hell out of the team.

The team attending are either no dopers or dopers who are under such scrutiny they have had to stop doping over a year ago!

Already Russia is falling behind on the medal table, lets see what happens.

NB there is a joke in Russia at the moment about how stringent the new doping test regime at the Olympics are.

"Russian 100m athletes are going to be tested every 10m during the race".

Just as well they aren't coming thats a lot of  :censored: to produce.  :D

Newportnobby

Quote from: Webbo on August 08, 2016, 12:16:31 PM
Remember when we in the west used to get our knickers in knots over the east Europeans using the army as employment for their athletes?

Aye. I'd have hated to see the Russian beach volleyball team in those days :sick2:

austinbob

Off the Olympics topic....
Thought I'd go down to Didcot this afternoon to take a few piccies of static locos etc. Got to Junction 11 of M4 ready to drive down to A34 for Didcot and... guess what.. After negotiating that disaster of a roundabout at Junction 11 around 3:00pm, drove down the sliproad to M4 only to come to a complete standstill - traffic stationary on the M4 as far as you could see.
Checked on mobile for M4 traffic (ok I know we're not supposed to use mobiles when driving but I wasn't moving anyway.) Traffic news said crash between junction 12 and 13 and M4 was closed after Junction 12. Took me an hour and a half to get to Junction 12 so I could turn round and go back home (in the rush hour of course).
Now why O why couldn't they put a notice on junction 11 roundabout telling people the M4 is closed so they don't all drive down the sliproad like lemmings into a guaranteed 1 1/2 hour wait - not to mention the chaos when they actually get off the motorway.
I sometimes despair at the total incompetence of some of the people who are supposed to be managing the infrastructure of this country and the lack of information us poor motorists are given. Especially when we are told to avoid the area on the radio - after the event of course.

Rant over.
:veryangry:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Sprintex

Quote from: austinbob on August 08, 2016, 07:24:48 PM
Checked on mobile for M4 traffic (ok I know we're not supposed to use mobiles when driving but I wasn't moving anyway.)

So the fact that major accidents are all too frequent on the M4 between junctions 8 and 14 you didn't think to check the traffic BEFORE setting off? ;)

I know I would !! :D

Paul

austinbob

Quote from: Sprintex on August 08, 2016, 07:29:43 PM
Checked on mobile for M4 traffic (ok I know we're not supposed to use mobiles when driving but I wasn't moving anyway.)

So the fact that major accidents are all too frequent on the M4 between junctions 8 and 14 you didn't think to check the traffic BEFORE setting off? ;)

Paul
You're probably right Paul, I could have checked but there were dozens, hundreds of people hurtling down that slip road. A sign on J11 roundabout would have solved the problem. Instead we had a sign half way between J11 and J12 saying M4 closed at J12. Very helpful don't you think? :beers:

Bob Austin

Sprintex

Quote from: austinbob on August 08, 2016, 08:10:46 PM
Quote from: Sprintex on August 08, 2016, 07:29:43 PM

Paul
You're probably right Paul, I could have checked but there were dozens, hundreds of people hurtling down that slip road. A sign on J11 roundabout would have solved the problem. Instead we had a sign half way between J11 and J12 saying M4 closed at J12. Very helpful don't you think? :beers:

That would involve that increasingly rare commodity "common sense" though Bob :no:

Paul

daveg

Sympathies for all those stuck, for whatever reason, on motorways. Learning that a junction or stretch is closed once you're on is so very annoying.

These days I try and check the Traffic England website  http://www.trafficengland.com/ before setting off on an M-way trip. OK things can happen the instant you log off but ....

Dave G

Newportnobby

If I use the satnav built into my Ford Siesta it informs me of traffic problems as soon as I hit 'start' running the program. If I am part way through a journey and an accident occurs it informs me there is a traffic hold up ahead but this info usually comes just as you enter the roadworks or join the back of the queue :veryangry: If I don't use the satnav I'm taking pot luck on traffic and, like Bob, would have been incensed by the lack of thought given to the public by the Highways department concerned.

steve836

I find the digital signs rather annoying, When driving up the M11 from London to Cambridge I fail to see the relevence of hold-ups near Bristol, but my pet hate are the ones that say junction no xx is 15 mins away. It tells me nothing without saying how far the junc. is. If its 14 miles away it means no hold-ups traffic moving freely but if its only 5 miles away there's trouble ahead!
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations