The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeDunn

Quote from: Bealman on December 14, 2015, 10:03:12 AM
I'm struggling with the switching of your contollers. In between going to Christmas  functions!
Which F-key are these found on  ???

daveg

Quote from: MikeDunn on December 14, 2015, 10:28:16 AM
Quote from: Bealman on December 14, 2015, 10:03:12 AM
I'm struggling with the switching of your contollers. In between going to Christmas  functions!
Which F-key are these found on  ???

Sorry Mike. That detail's on a 'need to know' basis.  ;)

Dave G

Bealman

Anyone who wants to fly out to Sydney are welcome to stand in for me at a couple that I don't really want to go to!  :worried:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

jonclox

:veryangry: Dapol fails again !
About 18 months + ago I put my name down for the 2 class 73 Pullmans from G.masters.I was happy to wait the 6 months or so for them to be produced and come into stock but every month or so the goal posts are moved and now theres no sign of delivery  till end of March (2016). Ive got the carriage stock, track and even the baseboard and some scenic just waiting for the planned Jan. delivery date but feel really cheesed off to be let down again.
:veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

daveg

That's a major disappointed Jon. Like you, I have all the other rolling stock sitting their boxes.

Last update (September '15) I had from GM had said January. How come so late in the day they now say March?

Not consolation to you after such a long wait but my order place just last March so looks like a 12 month lead time for me. The added danger is that there's even more time to spend the allocated cash elsewhere.

Dave G

Newportnobby

Could it be Dapol have realised they wouldn't get the stuff on a ship before Chinese New Year, in which case I believe the delay is approx 8 weeks? :hmmm:

silly moo

Waiting for locos is really frustrating especially if you want to get or give one as a Christmas or birthday gift. The Farish Merchant Navy seemed to take ages to arrive. Mine got more and more expensive as time went on due to exchange rates. When ordered the rand was 13 to the pound, when I actually paid for it was 18 to the pound. I suppose I should be thankful, the rand is now 23 to the pound! I won't be buying many new locos in future.

MalcolmInN

Quote from: silly moo on December 18, 2015, 10:57:50 AM
the rand is now 23 to the pound! I won't be buying many new locos in future.
Eeeek, that's not good, you have my /our sympathy.

I dont suppose a comment like " wait for a new Finance Minister " would go down very well at the moment ? :-X

daveg

Quote from: MalcolmAL on December 18, 2015, 12:24:15 PM
Quote from: silly moo on December 18, 2015, 10:57:50 AM
the rand is now 23 to the pound! I won't be buying many new locos in future.
Eeeek, that's not good, you have my /our sympathy.

I dont suppose a comment like " wait for a new Finance Minister " would go down very well at the moment ? :-X

'This job terminates here. All change!'  :doh:

Dave G

silly moo

We are certainly having fun and games here so I'll make do with what I have at the moment. It's vcertainly not dull here  :D

MalcolmInN

Quote from: silly moo on December 18, 2015, 12:31:32 PMcertainly not dull here
You must be a Monty Python fan, ",,,, the bright side of life"
altogether now . . .
:D

steve836

Looks like  a good time to visit. Lol. Still that exchange rate must make you randy.(where have all the emoticons gone?)
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Newportnobby

Never mind angry. I am absolutely fuming the  :censored: BBC has ended its coverage of Formula 1 3 years early due to cost cutting.
It always seems to me that motor sport gets the chop more quickly than any other.
Channel 4 is taking over the coverage though whether this means Suzi Perry et al (whoever he is) will be moving over I don't know

austinbob

Quote from: newportnobby on December 21, 2015, 08:18:26 PM
Never mind angry. I am absolutely fuming the  :censored: BBC has ended its coverage of Formula 1 3 years early due to cost cutting.
It always seems to me that motor sport gets the chop more quickly than any other.
Channel 4 is taking over the coverage though whether this means Suzi Perry et al (whoever he is) will be moving over I don't know
I expect we'll get a new bunch of cheapo presenters and adverts every 15 minutes.
It was bad enough when we only got to see 10 live races for free. Now we're gonna miss all the good bits for the adverts.
I'm definitely not going to pay for Sky coverage. Probably like loads of other people. This could be the start of the end for F1.
:veryangry:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations