The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonclox

:( :doh: :censored: *$")_&$£ Just had to start taking the 1st course of steroids this autumn. Last dose I took was back in July and I was hoping to get into next year without starting off again   :-\
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Just been for an ultrasound on my neck. Quite why I had to drive a 60 mile round trip in the rush hour to Blackpool I don't know, as they do ultrasounds at Chorley Hospital which is just 5 miles down the road. They could then have sent the results to the consultant in Blackpool.
I guess everything is done for their convenience and not the public :unimpressed:

Oldman

Jon you have my sympathy, just got back from the quacks with prescriptions for a 6 week course of steroids and a 6 week course of Carbocisteine plus Buprenorphine patches for 4 weeks
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

paulprice

Why are we moaning about a free health care system  ??? ??? ???

Newportnobby

Quote from: paulprice on November 20, 2015, 09:22:47 PM
Why are we moaning about a free health care system  ??? ??? ???

Because when you think about it, it's not free. Where do they get their money from?

daveg

Our NHS is in a bad state and there some horrible mess-ups as at times reported here, but:

When I think of how much I would pay, even at the discounted rate for my 8 different meds and regular check-ups, I remain grateful.

Hope those of us who are currently unwell get better very soon.

Dave G

dannyboy

In Ireland, we do not have a 'NHS'. There is what is called a medical card that gets you free or partially free treatment, but that is means tested. When I visit the Doctor, it costs me €35, (about £25 at todays exchange rate), just to see him/her and, where I live, it is one of the cheapest places in Ireland to see the Doctor. If I want a repeat prescription. it is €25, (no seeing the Doctor). My monthly medicine has recently come down to €13 - it was €27. When I first went to the hospital for a test, a number of years ago, I had a medical card. So far, the 'powers that be' seem to think I still have one  ;). I dread to think what my bill would be after 2 biopsies and numerous visits to the Hospital for other tets! A lot of people have medical insurance, but that can cost thousands for a family  :o. Dental and optical care also has to be paid for. A lot of people go into Northern Ireland as, even going private, it is cheaper than the south.  :goggleeyes:. Still, at least I am reasonably fit and well - good luck to those of you who have your various ailments - I am quite fortunate really. David.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Collected my Mum from Manchester airport this evening. I arrived at 17.15 and left the car park at 18.25. Cost - £9.00 :o
:veryangry2:

acko22

Nobby - Good trick for you if you ever have to pick anyone up at Manchester Airport.

Park at Heald green station for free and a 2 pound return on the train only 3 minutes away.
Thats what I always do there is a train every 30 min during the day just as much hassle as actually parking in the airport and cheaper!!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

JasonBz

That works OK till the points fail at Heald Green Junction.....

Trust me, Ive been there :D

acko22

Lol well I didnt say its fool proof lol.
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

JasonBz

That may have been as far back as the 99 Rugby World Cup...I know there was a lot of Seth Efricans on board aiming for a flight to Jo' burg....

acko22

Now I bet they were angry  :P

Newportnobby

Quote from: acko22 on November 30, 2015, 11:03:45 PM
Nobby - Good trick for you if you ever have to pick anyone up at Manchester Airport.

Park at Heald green station for free and a 2 pound return on the train only 3 minutes away.
Thats what I always do there is a train every 30 min during the day just as much hassle as actually parking in the airport and cheaper!!

Nice solution but not really practical for Mum and myself due to medical conditions prevailing.
It's either the car park or she'd have to get a taxi at a cost of some £40-50.

jonclox

AHCHOOOOOOOOOOOOO >:(
Joined the other family members with the first cold of the season.
I am not amused  >:(
AHCHOOOOOOOOOOOOO >:(
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP