The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

Oh  :poop:!

That's a helluva chunk of cash from anybody's' point of view.

Sympathies Mick

Dave G

Dr Al

Quote from: paulprice on October 14, 2015, 10:13:54 PM
Well a thought I had another bargain Jubilee to add to my collection, but it arrived today and it does not work.....HELP

Have you connected power up direct to the motor? If it's a new Farish one the drawbar contact wires can often get bent such that they don't quite make contact (even it they look like they are. Worth a look...

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Skyline2uk

:o

Nobby really sorry to hear that.

Hope it does get sorted by next week, with minimal fuss.

Small silver lining is that it didn't fall in / off.

Skyline2uk

steve836

Sorry to hear of your troubles ,Nobby, any chance of locating the cowboy, taking him to court and getting him to cough up?
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Newportnobby

Thank you to all who have offered their sympathies. I can't go after any builder as, at the end of the day, it is one builder's word against another's. However, the way it was explained to me it would appear the soft edges were fitted incorrectly. Looking at the extent of the damage it would seem the problem has been going on for much longer though.

Quote from: Malc on October 15, 2015, 02:44:39 PM
At £7500, I take it you live in a bungalow so have no one to go halves with.

It's a semi detached bungalow, Malc. Not sure why anyone would want to go halves if they don't have any issues with their roof ???

Looking on the bright side, I didn't trade my car in for a new VW diesel :laugh:

paulprice

Quote from: Dr Al on October 15, 2015, 05:50:03 PM
Quote from: paulprice on October 14, 2015, 10:13:54 PM
Well a thought I had another bargain Jubilee to add to my collection, but it arrived today and it does not work.....HELP

Have you connected power up direct to the motor? If it's a new Farish one the drawbar contact wires can often get bent such that they don't quite make contact (even it they look like they are. Worth a look...

Cheers,
Alan

Alan

your a star, the locomotive is alive, alive, alive  :D :D :D :D

Dr Al

Quote from: paulprice on October 15, 2015, 11:48:24 PM
your a star, the locomotive is alive, alive, alive  :D :D :D :D

Time to move to the happy thread  :D  :D :D
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

MalcolmInN

Quote from: newportnobby on October 15, 2015, 02:42:55 PM

It's just got a whole lot worse :doh:
More rotten battens and holed felt have been found and the upshot is I need a complete re-roof.
Looking on the bright side, I didn't trade my car in for a new VW diesel
Oh dear ! It seems we have more in common than the state of our hearts !
This is what happened after a whacking great hole appeared in mine
(showing approx 1/10th of the job ! previously shown in the "Crazy Weather" thread )
I traded in an unused car as part payment for the roofing job !
(no VW dealers were hurt in the transaction :)  )

jonclox

:-[ :-[ Stop laughing ......... Its not funny but I decided to have a nice long relaxing bath this morning. Plenty of time to soak, clean and ponder everything  :ngauge: and the world. Now I didn't go to sleep. I just relaxed and meditated. Fortunately I had ............ as usual taken cordless door bell alarm and 2 types of inhaler in the bathroom with me.
Eventually the water got to cool for comfort and it was time to empty the bath and get dry and dressed......here follows the non funny bit !
I was stuck. My legs were nothing better than jelly and even with the bath having grab handles I just couldnt grab and pull myself up onto my knees and get myself organised.
In the end I called Ann up and between us I managed to get out.
No baths will ever be the same again  >:(
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Malc

Could have been worse Jon, a pal of mine was luxuriating in his corner bath. When it was time to get out he hit the little lever by the taps to drain the water. This lifted a plunger in the middle of the bath and his 2 dangley bits got sucked in. He had to try and pull himself free against the suction, as dropping the plunger could have had disastrous consequences. His wife heard the screaming and dashed into the bathroom, to find him standing there, white as a sheet and shaking.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on October 17, 2015, 03:30:52 PM
Could have been worse Jon, a pal of mine was luxuriating in his corner bath. When it was time to get out he hit the little lever by the taps to drain the water. This lifted a plunger in the middle of the bath and his 2 dangley bits got sucked in. He had to try and pull himself free against the suction, as dropping the plunger could have had disastrous consequences. His wife heard the screaming and dashed into the bathroom, to find him standing there, white as a sheet and shaking.

OMG!!!!!
I'm so pleased I only have a shower unit :o

Pengi

I remember years ago this article in the New Scientist about men getting certain bits of their anatomy caught in vacuum cleaners.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

jonclox

Quote from: newportnobby on October 17, 2015, 08:54:25 PM
Quote from: Malc on October 17, 2015, 03:30:52 PM

OMG!!!!!
I'm so pleased I only have a shower unit :o
We also have a shower unit over the bath but theres nothing like a long hot soak in the bath  :thumbsup: It gives one a chance to think about 'things' and putting the world to rights  :)
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

ozzie Bill.

Don't know where this fits rightly, whether angry - at myself - or happy at the result. Stuck an electric drill through my finger and bumped the boney thing inside. Hurt a fair bit, so my adoring wife took me to A&E and they kept me waiting 2 hours, which is fair as there were people there who were really ill, I mean, one guy had a jolly bad headache LOL.
Still, gorgeous blonde Doc, from Kent, fixed me up, so all's well. Now reduced to typing with only one finger, as the misadventure has temporarily ruined my other typing finger. Still I type slowly anyway as I know a few of you read very slowly. :laugh3: :D :angel:
Cheers, Bill.

Caz

Ouch, hope it heals up quickly as I hate reading slowly!   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50%