The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionwing

Quote from: newportnobby on July 02, 2015, 10:07:25 AM

I took the car in to have the scrape repaired and paid £120 rather than even contact the insurance company as they place all such calls on your record. Needless to say I later ended up with the inevitable "We gather you've been involved in an accident........" type phone calls which can only have resulted from the repairer informing these leeches :veryangry:

Insurance companies...license to print money for me!

They seem to apply whatever logic suits when trying to justify a premium.

Surely it should be based on risk and not sales targets, profitability and generally "how much can we get away with".

For my wife's car (a five year old 1.4 Citroen - don't judge) we are paying more than we did for a Peugeot 205 GTi (1.6) we had over ten years ago.  This is despite living in a lower crime rate post code with off street parking and the best part of twenty years driving experience!

Richard - Stop before the buffers!

paulprice

Just got back to the office after 2 days away.........NOT GOOD

daveg

Quote from: paulprice on July 07, 2015, 09:39:07 AM
Just got back to the office after 2 days away.........NOT GOOD

There's only one cure PP - Retire!!

Well, it worked for me  :claphappy:

Hope your week improves. ;)

Dave G

paulprice

Im too young to retire

Sprintex

You're never too young to retire, just not rich enough to do so early ;)

Paul

Bealman

I avoid the angry thread 'cos I  don't think it's healthy to be angry. However Sprintex  has just prompted me 'cos I  know he's  carhead....  ;D

Brand new car that was shunted up the backside was supposedly fixed today. Paid money, took home, went to club for a beer, taxi home, Mrs Bealman says there's something wrong. Car not fixed.

Sure enough, whole panel popped off and loose. Now off I go tomorrow, a fair way away from home and like 2 degrees on an Aussie winter morning to have the inevitable argument.

Why do these people do it? Get it right in the first place!  :veryangry:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Sprintex

Quote from: Only Me on July 09, 2015, 12:54:13 PM
New car 320 miles on the clock, just returned from what was always my best "good" hand car wash.... Scratch on wing....

Wash it yourself you lazy so-and-so  :P

I know the feeling too George  :(

Took my work-hack Fiesta for two new tyres yesterday and check the tracking - simple enough? Ooooooo no  ::)

Drive out of tyre centre, steering wheel on the wonk by about 20 degrees! :scowl: Back into tyre centre, tracking checked again, bloke says it's spot-on. So why is my steering wheel wonky when it wasn't before hmm?? Can't explain that (funnily enough!) so took car home. Now as usual I don't trust ANY garage so I double checked the wheel nuts were torqued right - three were, the locking one wasn't - BOTH sides. Checked the spare wheel cradle under the boot was tightened - it wasn't. Finally double-checked the tyre pressures were correct - one was right at 35PSI, the other one was 40PSI  :no: Once I'd l'd set it back to 35PSI mysteriously half of that steering-wheel-wonk disappeared :D Just been out there with a couple of spanners and steering wheel is all straight again in five minutes :thumbsup:

And people think I'm mad when I drive 50 miles each way to get my cars MOT'd every year - worth it to me because it's my cousin's garage and he's the only person I can trust to do it properly and not try to sting me for things that don't need doing!  ;)

Paul

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Sprintex on July 09, 2015, 01:02:08 PM
Quote from: Only Me on July 09, 2015, 12:54:13 PM
New car 320 miles on the clock, just returned from what was always my best "good" hand car wash.... Scratch on wing....
Wash it yourself you lazy so-and-so  :P
:laughabovepost:
In 5#*+y of motoring I have never ever used a car wash !
Does that make me unique, or just skinflint ? :)

PS I would not know how,
and these days I baulk at the tyre-air pumps and their slots demanding money or tokens,
so I do it myself with foot pump, well doc. tells me I need excersize :)

DELETED

This weeks trauma:

I have been with my current motor insurers for about 8 years and had about 10 cars / 10 policies with them and they've always been cheaper.  However, I tried to make contact by phone to discuss a policy change 16 times so far this week and just gave up as always been put on hold and now I give up -another company got the policy for the car I bought today. New car has a dashboard warning light on (should just be an exterior bulb) -so much for MoT's -should have been fixed.  Grr.

woodbury22uk

Quote from: lionwing on July 02, 2015, 12:11:29 PM

Insurance companies...license to print money for me!

I found a way to get my once-upon-a-time travel insurers to pay.

I had my wallet stolen in Paris as we were on our way to the airport for our flight home. The choice was 1) Report to local police and miss the flight or 2) Catch the flight to reduce the cost of the claim and appeal to the insurer's good nature. My claim included a statement claiming that I had mitigated the loss by coming home directly and not costing more for an overnight hotel and new flight tickets.

Turned out that the insurers did not have a better nature and declined the claim because the theft was not reported to the French police.

So one morning I called the insurers from a busy station with lots of background noise and, using my best breathless agitated voice, reported that I had had my wallet stolen. I gave them the two options and they chose "catch the flight".  I then came clean about the ruse, and they agreed to pay the original claim. I even received an apology, and they waived the excess,
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Newportnobby

Nice one, Mike. Hoisted the buggers on their own petard :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Quote from: newportnobby on May 31, 2015, 04:55:14 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on April 17, 2015, 09:01:11 PM
Had a heart test involving a treadmill/radio-active injection this morning.

This was followed up with another one 4 days later and then nothing, zilch, nada until yesterday morning when I got a letter inviting me to have tiffin with the cardiologist consultant.................on the 13th July 2015 ???
From the beginning of December last year the problem has not gone away yet it will be 7 months until I get results from the 'expert'. I am quite sure there are more needy folks than I of his time but, by heck, it's dragging on. I guess I have to console myself with the fact it can't be anything too serious or they'd have called me in sooner :hmmm:

Appointment with the consultant at 17.40 to day so got there at 17.25 and then had to wait until 18.30 to see him, although it wasn't the guy who usually deals with my case, so I had to wait while he read my notes on the computer or fell asleep (still not sure which he did). I did ask if he wanted me to carry on reading my book while he did whatever he was doing. I'd had my weight and blood pressure taken when I first went in and he said my blood pressure was high, to which I replied "I'm not surprised after that wait"
I now have to wait 4-6 weeks to have an angiogram and then see him again in 4 months time.
Just wondering whether to tell 'em where to go and, if I peg out, I peg out.
I'm sure I'd get better service from the crem :veryangry2: :veryangry2: :veryangry2:
:dighole:

MalcolmInN

Quote from: newportnobby on July 13, 2015, 09:22:16 PM
to have an angiogram
I peg out.
Greetings everyone,
anybody wondering why i have not posted anything for a few days even though my username has been loged on since Friday ?
Well the lights were on but no one was home !
Fri morning I had a little jolly via a scenic route with special effects by the novelty ambulance company residing on 999 ! Followed by a stay at her Maj's pleasure at one of her Royal Infirmaries.
And boy did I feel infirm !
All arranged for me by a kindly paramedic, at whose feet I fell and his chums :)
followed swiftly by an angiogram and "Ho! we'ed better do something about that " angioplasty.
Then all the docs went off for a weekend break, back this morning to say "you can go home now".
So I'm still here, just !
Try that approach npn :)

Kinda delayed The Hunting of the Snark   Jabberwocky   Jabliteboard a bit though :(
Not sure when the mojo will return either.

Newportnobby

Sorry to hear about your weekend in the krankenhaus, Malcolm, and hope you feel better very soon :thumbsup:

daveg

Commiserations to Mick and Al re their recent cardio 'events'.

Been there. Want to buy a slightly used T shirt?

Three angiograms so far and it remains a 'no go' re stents or anything else, so I take a bucket of tablets each day. One big blighter is to help prevent another TIA, or worse.

Doc told me that those on the chemical trail last equally as long as those having tubes replaced/hardware inserted, so I am quietly grateful for that.

Take it easy you guys, you're needed here!  :beers:

Dave G

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations