The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

The term refers to any steam locomotive and is often used by forum members. My one Dapol loco is an LNER B1 and it runs smooth as silk.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Jonny

Quote from: mickeyflinn on January 28, 2015, 10:34:17 PM
I have some recent experience with DCC Supplies;

1. Green class 22 from the milk tanker set, bought directly from Dapol in December - it died a couple of weeks ago, contacted Dapol by phone who asked me to contact DCC Supplies. Phoned them, and was e-mailed a free-post returns label almost immediately. This has now been repaired and on it's way back to me (will report on quality of the repair when I get the loco back).

2. Ordered a centre wheel set for my A4 'Wild Swan' as the quartering was out on one of the wheels. Managed to rotate the affected wheel almost into its correct position very shortly after ordering the part, so submitted a 'ticket' asking them to cancel the order. This was acknowledged within a few hours and the order was cancelled. Now here comes the problem - I am still waiting for my Paypal refund 2 weeks later; contacted them asking where my refund was, 'can take up to 10 working days' was the reply. I've already contacted Paypal and started a dispute because I don't see why the refund shouldn't be automatic when an order is cancelled.

I agree there.  In this day and age it should be instant.

My father had an A4 repaired by dccsupplies. (rivet broke on valve gear)Lets just say a two year old wielding a hammer could of done a better job.It only got sent back to them because it was still in warranty. 

Jonny.
Live each day as if it's your last

As one day you may be right.

Carlisle to Silloth. 1854-1964
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlisle_and_Silloth_Bay_Railway

Stewart_Dickin

I sent DCC Supplies another message about my unanswered "tickets"
Now I have a Ticket number for my unanswered Ticket number inquiry.
Clasic  :laughabovepost:

Stew

talisman56

Quote from: Stewart_Dickin on January 29, 2015, 08:02:01 AM
I sent DCC Supplies another message about my unanswered "tickets"
Now I have a Ticket number for my unanswered Ticket number inquiry.
Clasic  :laughabovepost:

Stew

A bit like the message I got from Windows once: "An error occurred while processing a previous error..."
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Tdm

Quote from: GeeBee on January 28, 2015, 11:53:47 PM
Just spent the last 5 days feeling like death warmed up finally got through to Doctors to be informed there is a virus going the rounds, the district matron turned up to take my weekly results took one look at both myself and Pam called for a doctor who promptly diagnosed severe chest infections result both of us on Antibiotics and Steriods no work on the railway for at least a fortnight

I know how you feel and hope you get better soon.
Could well be the same virus that found it's way down to Essex when we were there a couple of weeks ago as the misses and I are still not right nowwe are back in Tenerife, and the misses too is on steroids and anti-biotics, but for some reason the Doctor gave me anti-histamines instead of anti-biotics (which haven't worked) so going back to see regular Doctor again this afternoon as it was a stand-in we saw last time as our own Doctor was ill!

Can't blame the Health Service here as you get appointments next day without a problem at a time of your own choosing, what I am not happy about is that every time we visit the U.K. we always seem to pick something up that makes us ill on our return, but I think it is the Aircraft that are at fault as they are just recycling germs all the time.

Tom U

Sorry to hear of your ongoing problems, best wishes that you both get back to good health soon.
If the infectionis really a virus, I am not surprised that anti-biotics are not working...anti biotics don't work on viruses!!

To be fair to airlines (and aircraft designers), any location where a large number of people are huddled in close proximity is going to be a "bug" transmission opportunity.  Modern airliners have to recirculate a certain percentage of the cabin air, but they have a high flow air circulation system that routes the air through large HEPA filters that are serviced and changed regularly.

Just a personal note - 3 or so years ago I returned home to Chiang Mai from my annual visit to UK, and after a day or so was feeling very rough, so went to see the doctor.  Some tests were done and it was found I had typhoid!!  Now as I am certain that my son and his family are not typhoid carriers (!) I can only assume I picked it up in the LHR lounge or on the aircraft.

Tom U.

FeelixTC

Quote from: Tom U on January 29, 2015, 12:34:16 PM
To be fair to airlines (and aircraft designers), any location where a large number of people are huddled in close proximity is going to be a "bug" transmission opportunity.  Modern airliners have to recirculate a certain percentage of the cabin air, but they have a high flow air circulation system that routes the air through large HEPA filters that are serviced and changed regularly.

The quality of air on planes is much poorer now that they are non-smoking. True story.

Tom U

Felix, I have to disagree with you there, but in the interest of not further derailing Bob's Dapol thread,  I think I should not pusue it here.  It would be interesting to take this topic to a new thread as we have quite a few aviation folk on here (Desert Hound and B767 come to mind) and the public perception vs industry input would be illuminating.
Cheers,
Tom.

FeelixTC

Quote from: Tom U on January 29, 2015, 01:33:24 PM
......I think I should not pusue it here........

I think you'll find you just did!  :scowl:

talisman56

:veryangry:  :veryangry:  :veryangry:

Just popped out for a few minutes to get a paper - the postman visited while I was out and left a card saying I have a delivery - the only thing I'm waiting for at the moment is a parcel of Maunsells from Kernow. Was he waiting round the corner for me to go out???? Can't get the parcel until tomorrow now!

:veryangry:  :veryangry:  :veryangry:
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Malc

I was expecting my City of Birmingham from Hattons before Xmas and got a similar card, but about excess postage. When we got to the post office, it turned out to be an oversize card that they had only put a standard second class stamp on. Cost me £1.20 . If I'd known who it was from, I would have told them to keep it.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

mr bachmann

got a puncture to-day on the way home , in the dark ..
not bad you say , yes but its a Robin ... :veryangry: :censored: (front wheel)

jonclox

Got my bi-monthly trip to GP tomorrow  :( 1st question I usually ask him is if I am dead yet?
It can take him time to check me out and then say 'not yet but......................' so its fun time tomorrow  :worried: :worried:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

daveg

Quote from: jonclox on February 02, 2015, 04:29:00 PM
Got my bi-monthly trip to GP tomorrow  :( 1st question I usually ask him is if I am dead yet?
It can take him time to check me out and then say 'not yet but......................' so its fun time tomorrow  :worried: :worried:

Full sympathy there Jon but don't forget to come back and let us know what the doc's answer was!  :D

Dave G

Newportnobby

I've been suffering with a chest infection/bronchitis or summat for 2 months now, while my quack conducts various experiments on me (Mengele springs to mind :uneasy:). Last week, for some reason, she said I was to be referred to a cardiologist :worried: (gulp)
I was telephoned today to be told I could have an appointment for 23rd March (as if I was being done a favour) ::)
My retort that I hoped I'd still be alive to make the appointment didn't go down very well.
:veryangry:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations