Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrippa

Yeah, my postie is pretty good also. One of my neighbours tried to get
an Argos credit card in my name and put my name as care of their address
but the postman delivered the letter from Argos to me which was declining
my application ! Recently I bought a wagon on Ebeast and the idiot seller
sent it to a mixed up version of my address , but the postie met me in the
street near the PO and said I think we have a package for you.

So well done the posties!
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

ozzie Bill.

What a foul,  :censored: week. Got retrenched last Friday - knew it was coming, but the reality only hit me once I got the last pay check. Spent weekend and start of week in bed with flu, shakes and all that rubbish. Got a speeding fine in the post, $300 + 3 points (newly changed limit, so what was 55 in a 60 zone suddenly becomes 55 in a 40 zone. Go figure). Fridge packed up - $400 to repair. Got an infected cyst that then erupted so now on antibiotics, then got a puncture on way to chemists to collect script. Just a perfect flaming week, glad it's over. Here's hoping next week is marginally less bad. Sorry for vent, but sometimes need to get the SOTL. Cheers, Bill.

Bealman

Bill, that is a horrid week. Everything seems to come at once... like buses.

Chin up, mate. I'd be appealing that traffic infringement. You never know, they might listen. At the very least it gives you more time to pay it.  :thumbsup: :beers:

All the very best with the job issue.

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

ozzie Bill.

Thanks George. Yes, I will be appealing, but not this week, like as not they'd double it the way my lucks going!! :D Might leave it til next week ;D. Cheers, Bill.

Newportnobby

Sorry to hear about such a bad week, Bill :(
Hope things improve on all fronts very quickly :thumbsup:

Malc

So sorry to hear of you woes, Bill. As my pal Graham says"if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all" I think it fits in your case.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bob Tidbury

As one of my mates says it's better to be P....d of than P....d on, but I do sympathise hope you get the speeding  fine sorted, I did when the same thing happened here in Wycombe when the opposite happened speed was 30 mph  I got done at36 mph on a Tuesday then the limit went up to 40mph on the Wednesday, a lot of people went to the local paper and because of that we got the fine cancelled. Hope that will happen for you.
Bob

Ozymandias

In my hurry to get my boy's bike out of the garage I removed the hairy, dusty blanket it's covered with (to stop it getting covered in overspray from painting locos) and put said hairy, dusty blanket down again.... right on top of my freshly-second-coat-glossed B12. Grrrr!!  :censored:

Now where did I put the Nitromors...?
"Look on my works, Ye Mighty, and despair!"

jonclox

:veryangry:   MOT. brake pads and service today etc.  £400+the dreaded VAT.
No more model expenses for me this month  :'(
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Skyline2uk

Quote:veryangry:   MOT. brake pads and service today etc.  £400+the dreaded VAT.

:goggleeyes:

That's a bit steep! Is that including all 4 pads?

But hey, look at it this way, brakes are sort of important on your car and one day you may be glad you had the pads done.

Of course, that may not be of much comfort to you right now.....

Skyline2uk

Sprintex

Sounds about right to me if paying garage labour rates - MoT and service could top 200 quid alone, then set of pads (cheap) and another hour or so's labour (expensive) ;)

Paul

Oldun

You think you have problems :uneasy:

Picture is what they do with a D3 Discovery to change a turbo & cambelt. It's the easiest way apparently.
As to price - I think a second mortgage should cover it.
[smg id=15783]
Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Malc

The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daveg

Not quite the 'body off restoration' we used to talks about!  :worried:

Dave G

Sprintex

Quote from: Only Me on September 13, 2014, 11:22:36 PM
That cheap eh?  My car just needed front and rear brakes doing, £659 all in ... Think yourself lucky!! Plus two tyres at £450 for the pair, hence me avoiding Tings :(

Front brakes (discs+pads), two rear shocks and two tyres on the Fiesta - £280 plus some grazed knuckles :D

Paul

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations