The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeDunn

Agrippa

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

MikeDunn

Not to her it wasn't  :D

Still ... it could be worse ...  Lad I worked with kept getting calls up to midnight from his manager !!!

Michael Hendle

Hi

I don't usually get angry :veryangry: but yesterday I got a letter from the bank I have been with for nearly 30 years,saying they have now decided that as I'm a pensioner,I'm not paying enough into a special Advance current account I have even though I pay £12.00 a month to use it.

They are going to close it in November and just put me into a ordinary current account,because my state pension and occupation pension doesn't cover the £1750.00 that I now need to keep it open,they have just bought in the minimum amount starting in November.

Mike

MikeDunn

I'd be very tempted to reply to them & accuse them of ageism, copying in Saga, local press and Watchdog ...

Northman

Michael - I am still working as a financial adviser and have looked at the HSBC Advance account since your post.  I cannot see what you are paying them £12 a month for anyway and you will probably be better off without the special account as to me the costs seem to outweigh any benefits.

Suggest you look at Santander 123 and move away from HSBC - serve them right.

Many people still seem to think that Banks appreciate your loyalty - they only appreciate profit.

daveg

As a pensioner, I can endorse the Santander 123 accounts as a useful arrangement.

The £2 monthly fee is easily recovered by the discounts on council tax and utility direct debits. I use the optional credit card exclusively for petrol where I get a 3% rebate on that spend. Brings the bill down a bit!

There's a calculator on the bank's website to see it it works for you.

Leave the rip-off bank as soon as you are able - Good Luck!

Dave G

Newportnobby

Last I heard, the Santander 123 account required a minimum of £500 per month to be paid in, so I'd move your account over from HSBC rather than get shanghai'd :D

Tdm

Over here in the Canaries - Santander Bank is one we wouldn't touch with a bargepole.
My wife who is President of our Community and is responsible for all the Finances uses several Bank a/cs to hold the Communities money, and the only one that doesn't seem to care and is the least efficient is Santander.
I believe they get more complaints about their services than any other Bank.

Personally my wife and I use "Solbank" here as they don't charge for the use of a current a/c, and actually give us a discount on every Direct Debit payment we make, crediting our a/c each month with a percentage of the value of Direct Debit payments made.

The only condition attached to this current a/c is that you have to have a certain amount of money transferred into it each month, and my monthly Occupational Pension from Gwynedd Council in Wales that is paid directly into this a/c more than covers this.

We still maintain an English Bank a/c as well, and that is First Direct - the Internet Banking part of HSBC, and have had no problems with them either.

daveg

I guess we must 'speak as we find' but I haven't had any problems in the UK.

Dave G

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: EtchedPixels on August 25, 2014, 07:18:12 PM
Yep - that's why I stopped using Hattons, they kept using Yodel even when told not too, and our Yodel delivery guy was so dull he didn't notice we had a doorbell even though I'd previously caught him and pointed it out forcefully.

Agree totally!  Why do they insist on hammering on the door when there is a serviceable bell push at eye level in the middle of the door! :veryangry:
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

daveg

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on September 01, 2014, 08:50:01 AM
Quote from: EtchedPixels on August 25, 2014, 07:18:12 PM
Yep - that's why I stopped using Hattons, they kept using Yodel even when told not too, and our Yodel delivery guy was so dull he didn't notice we had a doorbell even though I'd previously caught him and pointed it out forcefully.

Agree totally!  Why do they insist on hammering on the door when there is a serviceable bell push at eye level in the middle of the door! :veryangry:

Here! Here! Our local chap uses his signature/scanner gizmo as the hammer on the glass.

One day ......  :veryangry:

Dave G

Newportnobby

Whenever this situation arises I open the door, ring the bell myself and then just look at them. It seems to do the trick ::)

scotsoft

I too have a bell push at eye level in the centre of the door and very few people miss it.  One day last week there was a loud knock on the door, then the bell was rung.  I opened the door to see my regular postman grinning and proceeded to apologise for knocking saying he was having an off day.  I replied, I have off days every day  :D

cheers John.

daveg

Our postie is first class!  :D .

If he can't see my car parked on the road he leaves any parcels for me with my equally brilliant next-door neighbour. Saves me a half mile walk to the sorting office to collect anything.

Dave G

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations