The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrippa

I lost my BT connection, the fault was a connection box inside the house, but it was fixed without charge by
BT which I thought was quite good. My internet is on BT as is my phone, the biggest problem is navigating their website which is not very clear or user friendly for my purposes.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Geoff

Engineer just been it was a faulty Openreach DSL box and no charge yippee, great service well done BT.
Geoff

FeelixTC

Quote from: Geoff on March 13, 2014, 12:05:39 PM
Engineer just been it was a faulty Openreach DSL box and no charge yippee, great service well done BT.

Due 'Before 1.00pm' and sorted by 12.05pm? You've done very well Geoff; last time I called BT out, they said they'd be round sometime between 8.00am and August.

Newportnobby

Great result, Geoff :beers:

Quote from: FeelixTC on March 13, 2014, 03:01:43 PM

Due 'Before 1.00pm' and sorted by 12.05pm? You've done very well Geoff; last time I called BT out, they said they'd be round sometime between 8.00am and August.

Reminds me of a guy in Moscow who ordered a gas cooker from the showroom. They said delivery would be in 6 months time. The Muskovite just replied "Will that be morning or afternoon?" The showroom salesperson looked astonished and asked "Does it matter?".
The reply came back "Yes - the electrician is coming in the morning" :-X

4x2

I've had a stinker of a afternoon.... :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

My car's gearbox has been noisy for a few weeks (gearbox on order but hard to come by...) and today it finally got serious, as it got so hot it started smoking !  :doh: Addmittingly, I feared this may happen but put the blinkers on and ignored the possibilty. I then did a 70 mile round trip and it decided to bite me in the butt...  :help:

I did top the up the gearbox yesterday, it is possible i may have overfilled it but i'll have to look into it (!) when I get the chance. I just hope I can still drive it to work until the new gearbox arrives.....

P.S. What is it with modern microwaves ???
It takes 1 min for my hotdog apparently... 2 mins later the cheese is barely melted, but put a pan au chocolate in there and in 10 secs and you could weld with it !!! Older microwaves just seem so much better - where 700 watts meant 700 watts, not eventually by candles  >:(

If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Kipper

I know this is the angry thread, but I have good news - my second blood test was OK. Now have to wait until May, when I get another blood test at the hospital, and a week later see the Oncologist, who will give me their result (and the latest update on my cancer "all clear"). Phew!

Skyline2uk

:D

Most excellent news Kipper...over to the happy thread with you!

Skyline2uk

Sprintex

Quote from: Geoff on March 13, 2014, 12:05:39 PM

Excellent news Geoff :thumbsup:

Paul

Newportnobby

Quote from: Kipper on March 13, 2014, 08:15:06 PM
I know this is the angry thread, but I have good news - my second blood test was OK. Now have to wait until May, when I get another blood test at the hospital, and a week later see the Oncologist, who will give me their result (and the latest update on my cancer "all clear"). Phew!

Seriously good news so far, Kipper, but surely you want this in the Happy Thread? We need more Happy posts as the thread is way outnumbered by the Angry Thread. :worried:
Let us know if you want it moved :thumbsup:

Cooper

Have just received some HAA wagons from 2 different local model shops ordered off the internet. Shame they were described as Freight brown and all turn out to be EWS. Not a very happy badger! Why can't shops put proper listings on their websites? I even phoned them to check and they both said 'yes, they're freight brown'. Think in future I'll stick to the big box shifters who haven't yet let me down...

Newportnobby

Quote from: Cooper on March 13, 2014, 09:25:50 PM
Not a very happy badger!

Don't mention badgers please! :no:
I wrote my first ever car off on one and years later caused over £600 to another of my cars on one :doh: :'(

Cooper

Quote from: newportnobby on March 13, 2014, 09:30:40 PM
Quote from: Cooper on March 13, 2014, 09:25:50 PM
Not a very happy badger!

Don't mention badgers please! :no:
I wrote my first ever car off on one and years later caused over £600 to another of my cars on one :doh: :'(

Sounds like you should have been helping out on that cull they tried Nobby! :-)

Sprintex

Bealman

Who's a sick puppy then  :laugh3:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Kipper

Brilliant Sprintex. Used to have that on my work computer, but it got wiped the day before I left (ruddy I.T.). Will have to get it downloaded again.  :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations