The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Howlett

:laughabovepost:
Crucifixion ?. Line on the left one cross each.......
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Pete Mc

HST should be back with me sometime towards the end of the week so at least I'll have something good happen in what became a diabolical week.I'm off work until wednesday so hopefully the first part of the week will be a lot more successful than the last.

I've also got my twin speakered Deltic to turn my attention to as well.I've had the sound decoder a few weeks now but haven't had chance to do anything with it.Now I'm pretty much confined to barracks,theres no excuse not to get it finished.

I bought a Loksound decoder tester at the Peterborough show as well so before I snip off the plug I can give it a test on this and any subsequent decoders I buy,although this won't be for a while now but what this means is that I can put the odd hour in here and there on the layout.

Having no car though is rather a lot like having no legs.I know theres always public transport but I work in that area so I don't want to be using it in my spare time as well.

I also have a couple of cars and places to go and see some possible replacements,both of which are a short walk from home.

Pete
:Class37: :Class31: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Jerry Howlett

Just started watching the BBC2 programme on the Flying Scotsman, with Mrs "H" sitting down with me. Started raining and have lost all channels.

:veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

OwL

Sounds like you need the Angry thread instead :veryangry: :veryangry:, hope your channels come back soon. :thumbsup:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

EtchedPixels

Quote from: newportnobby on October 20, 2013, 03:19:58 PM
Quote from: 1936ace on October 20, 2013, 07:16:54 AM
hey pete, so will you be offering to cook his meals and wash his clothes then or will the taxpayer organise it for him :veryangry:

At least he will be of the streets

BArt

No, but us taxpayers have to pay to keep swine like him in the nick with comforts many families would like to have :veryangry:
Bring back chain gangs, I say
Prisoners in many jails do get to work, are often required to do it and receive peanuts for it. The've actually been very successful in reducing re-offending despite the government screwing up the setup several times.

You might be surprised to know that Timpson has 3 workshops in jails and that they have a huge success in getting people to come out of prison, continue to work for them and stay clean.

Even in maximum security jails they've had successes with the brighter cons. Those who can read well enough have been employed doing useful stuff like the grunt work converting books into braille for children.

At least the twit in this question is now in the nick, perhaps they can do something about his drink problem. In the mean time I imagine his wife is going to have lots of time to leave him especially when she realises all the assets she has (if married) are likely to be pursued by your insurer.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

keithfre

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on October 20, 2013, 05:18:09 PM
Just started watching the BBC2 programme on the Flying Scotsman, with Mrs "H" sitting down with me. Started raining and have lost all channels.

Don't fret, available on i-player soon!

cycletrak9

It amazes me that Sky can provide hundreds of channels, HD, 3D, instant replays, recording and playback, TV on your mobile etc, etc but they can't make their dishes waterproof. 

Dorsetmike

QuoteStarted raining and have lost all channels.

Good excuse to get on with some modelling and give Mrs H a Metcalfe  kit to make up 
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

keithfre

Quote from: cycletrak9 on October 20, 2013, 06:53:31 PM
can't make their dishes waterproof.
Have you tried tupperware <GDR> (sorry, couldn't resist)

guest311

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on October 20, 2013, 05:18:09 PM

say something nice to mrs H, she'll become happy / sunny and stop raining -- channels back  :thumbsup: :smiley-laughing:

MikeDunn

Quote from: cycletrak9 on October 20, 2013, 06:53:31 PM
It amazes me that Sky can provide hundreds of channels, HD, 3D, instant replays, recording and playback, TV on your mobile etc, etc but they can't make their dishes waterproof.
Trying to work out if you're serious ...  ???

Pete Mc

I've had satellite tv for some 16 years now so I know what you're talking about.I got the old analogue Sky back in 1997/8 then when they launched Sky Digital I was one of the first to sign up for it.Then in 2009,I upgraded to Sky HD+.As a long term user of Sky,what I do know is this,I only lose signal whenbits absolutely bucketing it down outside although it occasionally doesn't seem as though it is,if its raining torrentially in the direction the dish is facing,that makes a difference as well and it doesn't usually last for very long either.

Of all the channels that are on the Sky box,it seems as though the terrestrial broadcasters have the strongest signal which I find a bit odd because as its Sky,on a Sky box,you'd bet that the Sky channels would have the strongest signal.

Don't know why nor am I that bothered why it is but thats how it seems anyway.

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

MikeDunn

Quote from: Pete Mc on October 21, 2013, 12:16:14 AM
if its raining torrentially in the direction the dish is facing,that makes a difference as well and it doesn't usually last for very long either.
As someone who has had this stuff since it came out waaaaay back (I dread to think when :o !!!  I think we had a 16-channel receiver, even though there were only 4 (?) available at that point) this isn't news; but I can say that things have improved with possible the transmission but definitely the reception since the early days.

In a nutshell ... just like a tree growing up into the path of the signal can cause you disruption, so can weather when it rains hard somewhere in the signal path; it disburses the signal, initially causing the "sparklies" and (if the weather continues to deteriorate in the path) up to a total loss of signal.  Technological advances have meant that the receivers can cope with bad weather (hence we don't often see "sparklies" anymore, or lose signals very often), but truly awful weather still defeats it.

Not a lot you can do ... especially now terrestrial has gone  :(

Mike

Michael Hendle

:hellosign:
A light hearted angry  :veryangry2: :censored:,:help:how do I get the screw loose from underneath a n gauge Oxford Morris Minor van,the screw is so tight my screw driver won't shift it, :veryangry:I had a Morris Minor traveller by Oxford and the screw was loose enough to unscrew,looks like it will be a hacksaw job

Mike :NGaugersRule: :A1Tornado: Mike

scotsoft

Quote from: Michael Hendle on October 21, 2013, 11:16:58 AM
:hellosign:
A light hearted angry  :veryangry2: :censored:,:help:how do I get the screw loose from underneath a n gauge Oxford Morris Minor van,the screw is so tight my screw driver won't shift it, :veryangry:I had a Morris Minor traveller by Oxford and the screw was loose enough to unscrew,looks like it will be a hacksaw job

Mike :NGaugersRule: :A1Tornado: Mike

You could try placing the tip of a hot soldering iron on the head of the screw for a few seconds then try your screwdriver again, or plunge the Morris Minor into hot water for a few seconds then try your screwdriver again.

cheers John.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations