The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

With me, it was always the 1/2" AF. I could be using it, lying on my back under the car and it would somehow magically appear on the workbench, without me moving.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

MinZaPint

It's when you've rebuilt the engine and it's ticking over a treat and you find a nut or bolt on the bench  :veryangry:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

EtchedPixels

Quote from: MinZaPint on September 15, 2013, 06:23:33 PM
It's when you've rebuilt the engine and it's ticking over a treat and you find a nut or bolt on the bench  :veryangry:

Even better is putting an extra component on someone elses workbench when they are not looking  ::)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

mereman

For about 4 years I did some clubmans motorcycle racing. Which meant stripping the bike down often. I always had a washer or two left over I think the bike was a few grams lighter when I finished racing :D
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

daveg

Quote from: EtchedPixels on September 15, 2013, 06:28:38 PM
Quote from: MinZaPint on September 15, 2013, 06:23:33 PM

Even better is putting an extra component on someone elses workbench when they are not looking  ::)

:laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:  >:D

Dave G

Michael Shillabeer

Quote from: Michael Shillabeer on September 03, 2013, 08:18:50 AM
RIP Nokia 1871 - 2013

It's a sad day with the announcement that Microsoft is buying Nokia - the Nokia that an ex-Microsoft employee ran into the ground :(

That ex-Microsoft employee is now tipped to become head of Microsoft...

Michael

He's returning to Microsoft with a massive bonus...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24171520#

Michael

EtchedPixels

Here's hoping they make him CEO of Microsoft
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

EddieA

OK I did try searching before posting as I thought this might come under Peters Law or the like (or this should maybe in a new 'Guilty' thread...)

Why is it that I have in the past gone 'down town on my own' ie into the City where I stay of on the outskirts of on many times and not run into anyone I know?

But as yesterday if you are in the company of a member of the opposite sex who might not be the one you are not 'expected to be with' (ahem) you meet several people you know?

Totally inoccent but the rumours are already flying :(
"I owe the discovery of Uqbar to the meeting of a mirror and an encyclopaedia".
(Jorge Luis Borges - 'El jardin de senderos que se bifurcan' 1941)

Kipper

Happened to me once, on a course in London, with one of the girls from the office. Met my youngest son's ex-girlfriend, who was just walking the opposite way down the street. The course was for a week, and when I got home (pre mobile phones), I got the third degree - even though she knew I was on a course "with someone from work"!!!! If I had had a mobile then, I would probably have been able to let her know immediately - although a photo of us both might have been posted sooner.

MikeDunn

It's hell when you can't use a payphone ;)

Kipper

It was London, where, in those days, the payphones were all used, primarily, as gents toilets. I did not wish to go paddling!

Jack

Quote from: Kipper on September 22, 2013, 08:16:19 PM
It was London, where, in those days, the payphones were all used, primarily, as gents toilets. I did not wish to go paddling!

... that's if you could find one that still had the handset attached and worked!  >:(
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

EddieA

Quote from: Kipper on September 22, 2013, 08:04:12 PM
Happened to me once, on a course in London, with one of the girls from the office. Met my youngest son's ex-girlfriend, who was just walking the opposite way down the street. The course was for a week, and when I got home (pre mobile phones), I got the third degree - even though she knew I was on a course "with someone from work"!!!! If I had had a mobile then, I would probably have been able to let her know immediately - although a photo of us both might have been posted sooner.

Actually we, me and 'the other woman are now 'winding up' the rumours at our joint workplace.

So far:- 'we are intending to elope and get married in Italy/France???' (we are both on annual leave next week!!!) True, but we are going our own ways.

Or;- 'we have had our wicked way with each other and she is 'with child' and we need to elope etc,etc,etc,'

My proper OH is in on the game so I should escape without bruised/broken ribs but if not and I end up in A&E  I like green grapes and I hate Lucozade... :claphappy:

Iano

my moan is that the bottom of our garden was a peaceful spot, the shed there being a real haven, then the people, sort of 90 degrees to us at the back extended substantially at single storey and now I hear their conversations/radio etc. I know it's a small thing but I loved the peace down in that shed, once wrote a document for work in there it was so quiet.
just thinking about a layout at the moment

EddieA

Quote from: EddieA on September 24, 2013, 07:58:51 PM

Actually we, me and 'the other woman are now 'winding up' the rumours at our joint workplace.

So far:- 'we are intending to elope and get married in Italy/France???' (we are both on annual leave next week!!!) True, but we are going our own ways.

Or;- 'we have had our wicked way with each other and she is 'with child' and we need to elope etc,etc,etc,'

My proper OH is in on the game so I should escape without bruised/broken ribs but if not and I end up in A&E  I like green grapes and I hate Lucozade... :claphappy:

The rumours have gone 'viral' today at work! Interesting to see who your friends really are... ie who thinks they are shopping me into my proper OH!!! :goggleeyes:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations