The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loco4401

Quote from: 1936ace on August 02, 2013, 05:50:12 AM
Just tried to order a 5inch gauge class 37 loco from a uk company but I was told that they don't ship to Australia as the postage is too high.
What the!
Whey should they care, I'm the one who is paying for the postage. So what if it was £600 my last uk loco cost that.
Very frustrated
Bart
Bart maybe they dont trust ups or fed ex to ship the item and have you say it was damaged during trainist as the cubic cost would be a killer or wasthe cost dead weight

EtchedPixels

Fly over and fetch it - if nothing else it'll be fun in the baggage scan !
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

davieb

My waterslide Decals for re-numbering Diesel locos have reacted with something  :hmmm:

Lost all Number 3s  And guess what I need for my current project  :confused2:

And I have run out of "Ds" on my rub-down set  :thumbsdown:

Can't mix them as they are different sizes  :o

dave  :veryangry2: :censored:

Newportnobby

Knowing what your next project is, that's a real PITA :(

Quote from: davieb on August 11, 2013, 09:20:33 PM

So that's a rub-own set, then :laugh:

davieb

Quote from: newportnobby on August 11, 2013, 09:36:06 PM
Knowing what your next project is, that's a real PITA :(

So that's a rub-own set, then :laugh:

:doh:  Left myself open for that one  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :-[

dave  :thumbsup:

MikeDunn

Lost all Number 3s
At least you can still do Number 1s and Number 2s  :D

Newportnobby

So there I was in B & Q this morning, and when I returned to the car I could see the front wing on my new Fiesta was scraped. Looking at the car next to me and the way the wheels were set, it was obvious they'd hit my car when turning in next to mine. The scratches on their car bore out what had occurred. So I waited for the driver to return and informed her what she had done. Needless to say she had no documents with her but gave me her name and phone number.
Now to the rub. Insurance companies these days strip you of any no claims bonus and ramp up your premiums until the matter is settled. Even if this lady admits to it and her insurance covers the costs, that claim still remains on my policy for 3 years as a "3rd party claim", even though I have Protected No Claims.
I have tried calling her number but get an answer machine. I have also established it will cost me £120 to have my car fixed privately, so am reliant on her being honest.....if she calls me back.
From now on I'm parking in either the disable or parent & child bays :veryangry2: :censored:

EtchedPixels

Before they delete it ask the B&Q if they have any security camera footage of the incident in case you need to get the police involved (eg if it turns out she gave false details).

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

daveg

That's really poo, Mick! I hope the lady comes clean and does the honourable thing and offers to pay.

I try and park my reasonably new and big  'van' in the most remote place I can find within a car park. By some strange herding instinct there nearly always is someone that parks next to me and so-o close I wonder how they get out.

A mate who runs a garage advises that the claim needs to be £1K to be worth claiming as the companies will get you to pay it back, one way or another.

Dave G

scotsoft

Quote from: EtchedPixels on August 14, 2013, 04:16:25 PM
Before they delete it ask the B&Q if they have any security camera footage of the incident in case you need to get the police involved (eg if it turns out she gave false details).

That is a very good idea, let's hope technology can help out in this case.

I take it you noted down her number plate?

Oldman

:veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Boiler has gone kaput. contacted our housing association who contacted transco to come and check because we could smell gas. They checked every thing out and confirmed my thoughts that there is a fault on the ignition circuit - flame failure light comes on and gas was escaping through the flue.

The gas supply has now been capped so we can't use it and a unsafe sticker put on the boiler.    No hot water unless we boil a kettle.  Worse still it was bath night.

Phoned the landlords back up to be told they will contact me sometime tomorrow about fixing it.  Told not a high priority(as usual) but last time it went wrong took them 3 weeks and I ended up getting compensation due to their poor service - due to them ordering the wrong part twice.

Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Oldman

Quote from: newportnobby on August 14, 2013, 04:00:53 PM
So there I was in B & Q this morning, and when I returned to the car I could see the front wing on my new Fiesta was scraped.

Know exactly how you feel, several years ago (Car since sold) I bought a brand spanking new 08 reg car and collected it on the first day the registration came out, 4 days later went back to in a supermarket carpark to find a trolley shaped scratch all down the side of it.   Must have been obvious because they had folded the mirrror back as well...No Note and rather than go through the insurance contacted the dealer I purchased the car from because I knew they would have some of the paint as they had fitted extra's when I bought the car-fullsports body kit which had had to be sprayed to match,- I had paid  cash for the car and the extra's  were over 2 grand - they sorted the scratch  for a nominal fee arond £25 if I remember right,
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Newportnobby

I seem to have the opposite of the Midas touch today :uneasy:
I thought I'd give my Class 40 Atlantic Conveyor a run. Everything was going very well - quiet, good slow running and then it just stopped as if all power had been turned off. So I got out a class 47, and that ran with a constant knocking as if it had a square wheel (guess it has a split gear :hmmm:)
I really don't think I should touch anything else today (so I'm busting for a wee :worried:)
Please don't blame me for last night's forum outage though................but then again :laugh:

Pete Mc

Mick,I now this may sound slightly obvious but check the pickups where they touch the chassis underneath.These are a bent over type of thing that can,when they are boxed up,compress the bogie and loco body/chassis.You'll need to take the bogie sideframes of to get to them but bending them back is easy and should restore it to full working order,assuming this is a class 40 diesel.If its a kettle then forget what I jist wrote.I know now nowt about em.

I found the same problem when I fitted my class 40 with sound.I did the above and it runs as sweet as a whistly nut now.

As for the other thing, ???????

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Newportnobby

Quote from: Pete Mc on August 14, 2013, 11:41:14 PM
Mick,I now this may sound slightly obvious but check the pickups where they touch the chassis underneath.These are a bent over type of thing that can,when they are boxed up,compress the bogie and loco body/chassis.You'll need to take the bogie sideframes of to get to them but bending them back is easy and should restore it to full working order,assuming this is a class 40 diesel.If its a kettle then forget what I jist wrote.I know now nowt about em.

I found the same problem when I fitted my class 40 with sound.I did the above and it runs as sweet as a whistly nut now.

As for the other thing, ???????

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:

Hi Pete,
I know we're straying off topic into Loco surgery now, but how do the sideframes come off please? TIA

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations