The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipper

Actually, I think they are not frogs, but Toads!!!!!

davieb

Strange place to put a Brakevan, in a pond  :o  :smiley-laughing:

dave  :thumbsup:

Sprintex

Quote from: newportnobby on July 31, 2013, 08:47:24 PM
Are they Insulfrogs or Electrofrogs :confused1: :-X

Electrofrogs :)

Stands to reason, they're swimming about, therefore they're live frogs not dead frogs :D

Paul

Kipper

As far as I'm concerned, they can hop it until I have finished the job. Not likely today as a zillion degrees in the sun, and too hot to dig!

1936ace

Just tried to order a 5inch gauge class 37 loco from a uk company but I was told that they don't ship to Australia as the postage is too high.
What the!
Whey should they care, I'm the one who is paying for the postage. So what if it was £600 my last uk loco cost that.
Very frustrated
Bart

daveg

That's annoying Bart!

Any chance you can appoint an international carrier from your side and get them to collect and ship from your supplier?

Hope you get it sorted.

Dave G

Flounder

Aaarrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

4 weeks into what was supposed to be a 14 week building schedule on our house. Already 2 weeks behind due to shortage of bricks (shouldn't have been a surprise - it has become an issue across the country this year).

It transpires the architect drew our roof line incorrectly, so chippy constructed new dormer roof without checking the height of the existing dormer on left side of house.  So, drawing showed they should have been at same height, but for some reason the architect drew it so the pitch of new and existing dormers are only half way up our roof.  The problem is the existing dormer pitch starts at the top of our roof.  :doh:

So, if you are still following this, the new dormer is half the height of the existing one.  This is not what we instructed - the new dormer should be the same height and start at the top of the roof. The chippy's excuse is that as there is tarpaulin enclosing the new build, so he couldn't see or take reference from the existing dormer height.  Give me strength.  :hmmm:

Nobody (including me) picked up the inaccurate architect drawings.  Architect going to get a rocket on Monday, and builder also experiencing my displeasure as he spent a whole day on the roof without realising the issue.  These are professionals with years experience, that's why I am paying them rather than doing it myself.  Very annoyed.   :veryangry:

daveg

... and quite justified anger, Flounder!

Apart from the waste of time and materials, I guess that the incorrect dormer wouldn't get passed building regs inspection either.

Hope you get things sorted without further elevation to your blood pressure.

Dave G

Flounder

Cheers Dave G and yes you are correct.

Building control are coming out on Monday to meet the builders, whilst Planning will no doubt be taking sharp intakes of breath.  Looks like a redesign of the joists with heavier larger timber.

Mrs Flounder is quite pleased I will be at work on Monday. Kofi Annan I am not!

scotsoft

I can imagine with you being at work on Monday you will be constantly on the phone to Mrs Flounder, I hope some common sense kicks in soon with all these people.

cheers John.

Agrippa

Sounds like a complete **** up. For this type of posting
we need an EXTREMELY angry thread.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Newportnobby

My brother-in-law has been going through much the same thing, Flounder, so I have all the sympathy in the world. It seems to me that architects and builders are just not on the same wavelength as mere mortals :veryangry:

EtchedPixels

Quote from: newportnobby on August 03, 2013, 10:49:23 AM
architects and builders are just not on the same wavelength as mere mortals :veryangry:

It wouldn't be so bad if they were on the same wavelength as each other  ???
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Newportnobby

Quote from: EtchedPixels on August 03, 2013, 11:10:16 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on August 03, 2013, 10:49:23 AM
architects and builders are just not on the same wavelength as mere mortals :veryangry:

It wouldn't be so bad if they were on the same wavelength as each other  ???

The same planet would even help ::)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations