The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mereman

I seem to have the same 6th sense I think I got that from 4 years of racing (very slowly). I don't know what clubman racing is like now but in the '70s there was a lot of idiots. If you don't pay me I recount some of the tales :smiley-laughing:
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

keerout

Yep, it pays to be paranoid...  ;)
Gerard  :wave:

mereman

I'm not paranoid.. they are out to get me...

So.....  Cheers Mike

FeelixTC

And I know you all talk about my paranoia when I'm not here.

Oldman

No disrepect to Sprintex but the number of lorries I find that will try and cut me up when they have just overtaken me on a clear dual carriage way.
They tend to be the demolition/builders rubble recycling ones.
Either that or they sit so close behind that I worry if I had to brake hard my little hatchback would be much shorter.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Sprintex

No problem Mike, most truckers make the same complaint about bulk tippers and also skip lorries ;)

No need to cut in so quickly but they do, invariably chucking lumps of mud and stones up at your windscreen :no:

Paul

Bealman

Looks like I'm in for fun when I arrive and pick up me car next week, then.

I drove over there for a month three years ago, and don't recall having any problems... nothing springs to mind, so it mustn't have been too bad. In, fact I was more worried about me doing the wrong thing on roundabouts. Yep, that was the major stress factor, if I recall.

Bloody tourists!  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: FeelixTC on July 29, 2013, 11:10:39 PM

I may be paranoid, but am I paranoid enough? :uneasy:

Michael Shillabeer

Quote from: FeelixTC on July 29, 2013, 01:40:54 PM
There has been an advertising/awareness campaign running for some years now which simply says:

Think Bike.

Is it just me, but when I see these signs I think "ooh, a Moto Guzzi would be nice"?

Michael

Malc

Quote from: newportnobby on July 30, 2013, 07:57:15 AM
Quote from: FeelixTC on July 29, 2013, 11:10:39 PM

I may be paranoid, but am I paranoid enough? :uneasy:
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean that they are not out to get you  :D
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daveg

Quote from: Michael Shillabeer on July 30, 2013, 08:04:33 AM
Quote from: FeelixTC on July 29, 2013, 01:40:54 PM
There has been an advertising/awareness campaign running for some years now which simply says:

Think Bike.

Is it just me, but when I see these signs I think "ooh, a Moto Guzzi would be nice"?

Michael

Bikes - Ah!

Through my job at Smith Industries (Vehicle Instrument Division), I was involved briefly with the supply of instrumentation for Triumph Meriden soon after the Co-operative had been formed in the 1970's. 

I recall the guys worked so hard to keep the place going and they lived hand to mouth with supplies of materials trickling through.

Much has changed since but when I see a Triumph bike now I stand back and admire a brilliant looking machine.

Apologies - very much  :offtopicsign:

Dave G

Newportnobby

Quote from: daveg on July 30, 2013, 05:10:17 PM

I recall the guys worked so hard to keep the place going and they lived hand to mouth with supplies of materials trickling through.

Dave G

I owned 3 Meriden products during my biking time, 2 of which had the Smiths clocks before they made the change to Vega.
Having been a member of the Triumph Owners Club (Nulli Secundus) I went round the Meriden plant several times.
Oh, and I always took care not to run into cars :-X (before being accused of being off topic)

ozzie Bill.

Trying to get through to Energy Australia who have overcharged me $74 on last power bill. 3 on hold phone calls later. Go to their "website" which is the quick way, according to their on hold message. No way from there to complain, just the usual "sign up for new service here" s**t. Have now resorted to email. I hate these duopoly b*****ds. Total rip off, nil service, just a*seholes.
rant over, thanks, Bill.

mereman

Looks like the power companies are the same at the bottom of the world as at the top :D

So.....  Cheers Mike

Kipper

Having given up with my rubbish B & Q greenhouse, that never held the glass properly, and partly collapsed under a foot of snow, I cleared the site and am now building a rockery. SWMBO wanted a small pond for the frogs ('allo 'allo), so I bought a small plastic one and started digging. Along came the rain, so chucked pond in hole and retired to the telly. Hole is now half full, as is pond - and frogs are happily swimming in the water in the hole!!!!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations