The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipper

One of my regular (non-rail) forums has gone off line, with no warning and no access to any of the moderators. The only message on screen asks if the domain name is mine (that is, whoever is looking in). Will now have to search similar forums, to see if anyone who is on both knows anything.

Oldman

:veryangry:  Back on the pills again.
Another bout of Bronchitis -am getting fed up with this.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Tank

Quote from: Kipper on June 16, 2013, 08:31:21 PM
One of my regular (non-rail) forums has gone off line, with no warning and no access to any of the moderators. The only message on screen asks if the domain name is mine (that is, whoever is looking in). Will now have to search similar forums, to see if anyone who is on both knows anything.

That sounds like they haven't paid their host, or are having difficulties.

Quote from: Oldman on June 20, 2013, 11:37:46 AM

Sorry to hear that Oldman.  :(

Newportnobby

Quote from: Oldman on June 20, 2013, 11:37:46 AM

Hope you're on the mend soon :thumbsup:

Oldman

Cheers guys, off to East Surrey hospital tomorrow.
Morgage may be  needed for the car park :veryangry:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Oldman on June 20, 2013, 02:55:11 PM
Cheers guys, off to East Surrey hospital tomorrow.
Morgage may be  needed for the car park :veryangry:

Its a real disgrace that England hasn't caught up with the more forward thinking bits of the country and made hospital parking and prescriptions free.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Jerry Howlett

With you "Old Man"..  Seveereal years back Mrs "H" was rushed to hospital in London for major emergency  surgery, the last thing I needed was how much cash I had to PRE-PAY a HOSPITAL car park meter at night!!!.
Luckily the 50p I had was worth it as she did survive....... :bounce:

The first bit is TRUE!!!
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on June 20, 2013, 03:17:04 PM

Luckily the 50p I had was worth it as she did survive....... :bounce:

Another visit to A & E seems to be on the cards :worried:

Kipper

The last time I had a rush job to hospital, the plumber working on our kitchen took me in, in my car, and just abandoned it in a service road. No problem, says he, as I always park here. Turned out he had a plumbing contract with the hospital, and just told them my car was his. So, from then until I changed the car last year, I have had free parking. Very naughty, but I have paid my contributions all my life.

Kipper

Had a trip out today, driving round Matlock. Got on the road from Matlock to Chesterfield, and for a few miles there were "10mph loose chippings" signs, every 100 yards or so - with no sign of any loose chippings, just a few patched areas. I think the signs would have cost more than the half a lorry load of tarmac laid. Needless to say, no-one kept to the 10mph, not even a couple of cop cars.

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: Oldman on June 11, 2013, 10:27:19 AM
Annoyed with self. My latest purchase from Shapeways arrived this morning and I had ordered the item in the wrong scale  Ho m instead of Nm. Dohnew brain time. Loverly model but way too big.

I've done the same but ordered an "Orient Express" coach from Ebay Germany only to discover when the mail came through confirming the purchase that it is HO!!

I will have to try reselling it on Ebay here!

Regards, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Michael Shillabeer

Grrr, my Canon EF-S 17-85mm lens auto-focus has stopped working  :(

The 350D camera started giving error 99 a while back and I thought it was the memory card - its a compact flash and pin broke off a couple of years ago! Work around was to restart the camera.

It manual focus works, but there aren't any graticules in the viewfinder to aid focusing  >:(

My macro lens is ok, so N Gauge closeups are still fine! lol

The lens and camera are 8 years old and taken 1000s of photos, so I suppose it was inevitable it would break oneday :(

Michael

MikeDunn

Just had an international "support call" for my computer ...  :phone:

... just as I was about to start winding them up - the buggers hung up on me   :jawdropping:

Ain't fair  :veryangry2:

Tank

Caz

Quote from: MikeDunn on June 24, 2013, 08:29:20 PM
Just had an international "support call" for my computer ...  :phone:

... just as I was about to start winding them up - the buggers hung up on me   :jawdropping:

Ain't fair  :veryangry2:

Had the same last week, when I said I was recording the call they disappeared, didn't think "Microsoft" were like that.  lol.   :-X

Caz
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP